General > FFT: ASM'd

Items in ASMd

<< < (2/6) > >>

RavenOfRazgriz:

--- Quote from: "formerdeathcorps" ---Depends really on how he balanced spells.  If he balanced spells around max speed x 1.5, initial haste should be fine (remove with dispel magic if you really don't like it).  The +1 speed thing becomes more significant of a problem only because of how low maximum speeds have become, but it's female only with random damage and not usable with two swords or two hands, so it probably won't be that bad.
--- End quote ---

Bags, Perfumes, and Hair Adornments are Unisex in ASM'd, though I don't think that factors much into it.

The random damage and lack of Two Swords / Two Hands are the only things that make me think it *might* be okay to keep it, but like you said, low Speeds abound, so being able to stack more than a couple Speed points can be lethal.

RavenOfRazgriz:
Initial: Haste seems like it'll be fine based on my experience with the AI using Yell so far.  Haste status doesn't last long enough to be ridiculously gamebreaking like it does in vanilla or 1.3.

That's not what I'm posting for, though.  I was going to post this in the beta download/report thread, but it seems more relevant here despite the fact it's centered around what I've drawn from the Chapter 1 beta so far.

I think Battle Boots should cost less, even if you end up making all Items/Equipment costing more in the end.  Even if everything else is made to cost more, the price on Battle Boots is just outrageous to the point of them being almost impossible to justify buying without doing a bunch of randoms even at current prices.  As much as I'm for raising prices to promote people inspecting random battles, there are very few available in Chapter 1, so I think at least that part of the game should be able to be done with only a few random battles as to not keep it feeling tedious from repeating the same fight over again.  I kind of want to say to slightly buff the prices on everything that's not Clothes / Leather Hat / Dagger / Broadsword, buff the prices on Items so they can't be spammed, and slash Battle Boots epically to about... 500 Gil?  I mean, hell, Small Mantle's only 300 Gil right now and it's arguably better than Battle Boots for the remainder of Chapter 1 once its available, and even if price bumped probably wouldn't be higher than 500-600 Gil.

That seems like it'd curve much better price-wise, personally.

philsov:
Haste lasts for 26 ticks in this patch, which is infact halfway between the vanilla value and 1.3, but that's a cool coincedence since 26 was derived from some math.

However since the top speed, if stacked, is probably going to be 12 (9 for most classes, at 99), the problem isn't nearly as severe, either.  The only way to gain speed points will be the head and accessory slots (woo sprint shoes), so anything in the weapon classes that boosted Sp will be modified to fit the paradigm.

Most of the spells are balanced around this figure, though in all honesty getting to level 99 by endgame will only occur if the player wills it.

But, yes, battle boots do need to be cheaper.

RavenOfRazgriz:
Good.

--- Quote from: "philsov" ---However since the top speed, if stacked, is probably going to be 12 (9 for most classes, at 99), the problem isn't nearly as severe, either.  The only way to gain speed points will be the head and accessory slots (woo sprint shoes), so anything in the weapon classes that boosted Sp will be modified to fit the paradigm.
--- End quote ---

I think the only weapons that still boost Speed that weren't given at least one proposed solution are the H Bag and 1.3 version Nagrarok.

Handling Nagrarok shouldn't be too bad, but I've got nothin' for H Bag right now.

The Damned:
Couldn't you just get rid of Battle Boots (and Power Wrist) completely?

That's what I'm doing for things that are either something too good early on (i.e. Battle Boots) and changing them would make them completely superfluous something later on (in this case, Spike Boots) or things that are already just superfluous without any reasonable way to change them (since turning Power Wrist into Guard Gauntlets won't work).

Just something to consider, especially since Ramza doesn't have to have Battle Boots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version