General > FFT: ASM'd

Items in ASMd

(1/6) > >>

philsov:
The list is here!  Please review if you are interested.  If not, whatever, gtfo.  Or offer a random suggestion all the same :twisted:
Only item with initial or auto haste, Salty Rage, is also perma berserk
Perfumes redone slightly to not outshine everything
Shield/Mantle evasion significantly lowered to minimize evasion hax
+Sp / Move items kept to a minimum
Longbow/Ninja knives/daggers get a mild WP boost to compensate for loss of speed stat
Much of the armor is strikingly similar to the popular patch that shall not be named.

Also formatting is a complete bitch.  Text uploaded as attachment instead of reformatting the damned thing.

Edit:  To clarify on the flail, "Flailing flail" is a self-referencing 25% weapon strike proc (ie, triple/quadruple/etc procs are possible but extremely rare) that is also a new Basic Skill ability that requires a flail to be equipped to use.  Thus, using the ability with this weapon equipped is RNG funsies for the whole family.

RavenOfRazgriz:
Initial: Haste - is it too good in the scope of ASM'd and similar hacks for Excalibur and Setiemson?

I guess it depends on the duration of Haste, but for a few turns it may as well be Speed +4-5, resulting in a nice CT advantage.  

Thoughts?

(Most everything else was already covered in the original thread, so I can't think of much else to discuss that wasn't discussed already in detail besides maybe Perfumes.)

The Damned:
If anything, having thought about it more, Initial: Haste might be "too weak" since the speed have been lowered across the board. It would still be useful, but I was actually under the impression that you had thought it not good enough for Excalibur, which is why you had wanted to get rid of it.

Initial: Haste shouldn't be OP or anywhere close to it in ASM'd.

RavenOfRazgriz:

--- Quote from: "The Damned" ---If anything, having thought about it more, Initial: Haste might be "too weak" since the speed have been lowered across the board. It would still be useful, but I was actually under the impression that you had thought it not good enough for Excalibur, which is why you had wanted to get rid of it.

Initial: Haste shouldn't be OP or anywhere close to it in ASM'd.
--- End quote ---

I suppose, but it's ultimately down to Haste's duration.  I don't remember it and philsov for some reason removed the exact listing of it from the main info thread.

If the duration is only results in about an extra turn or two before wearing off, it's fine I suppose, but too many more than that and there's a problem I think.

Speed reduction is only half the equation with Haste, since lower Speeds mean less the longer the duration is in clock ticks.

Either way, I'm more worried about the hard +1 Speed from H Bag probably needing to be changed and the need to probably redo Perfumes in general to an extent right now, since Initial: Haste seems like it's a borderline thing at worst.

formerdeathcorps:
Depends really on how he balanced spells.  If he balanced spells around max speed x 1.5, initial haste should be fine (remove with dispel magic if you really don't like it).  The +1 speed thing becomes more significant of a problem only because of how low maximum speeds have become, but it's female only with random damage and not usable with two swords or two hands, so it probably won't be that bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version