General > FFT: ASM'd

FFT:ASM'd -- Demo Download

<< < (8/9) > >>

RavenOfRazgriz:

--- Quote from: "philsov" ---WARK!

Though really I figured out the root of all this... monsters can start with a higher initial MA that humans so while their MA might be balanced for the later levels that massive chunk + high multiplier means very, very nasty fiends.  This'll be fixed.
--- End quote ---

I actually thought it was fine as far as Choco Cure was concerned, heh.  I never did fight any Skeletons though, but they already clocked in as doing around 100 damage in 1.3 so ohdear if you modded their MA more...

--- Quote from: "philsov" ---Makes sense with good compat...  otherwise I dunno O.o
--- End quote ---

I think it was bad compat unless I was delirious and reading it wrong.  I'll look again sometime.

--- Quote from: "philsov" ---^_^

Turns out I fubar's weigraf's statis sword too.  While consolidating status effect slots I gave statis sword 100% Stop instead of the desired 25% stop, so....
--- End quote ---

At least you know the fight isn't too hard now then! :p

Sephirot24:
Yet again I meet a wall of work and study where I can't get to play much or really can't find myself in the mood to do so with the few hours I have free U_U

From what I've played, I have to say that I DO find that movement reduction actually made fights more interesting. I told you that I'd wait until I played to discuss the matter further, and I agree with you now Phil XP

I check the boards from time to time and it seems Raven and Damned covered most if not all of the few issues I found so far, from how the new archers' skillset fares to some sprite break glitches (having over 9 IIRC?). I noticed my little Seph in the first fight :)

efrate:
Just started this today and noticed a few minor bugs I haven't seen posted yet.

If a unit is poisoned and you hit select on the status effect part of the status screen (right after you open status screen then press circle) it says poison is curable by antidote, and since antidotes don't exist...

Also a few AI questions there may be some slight issue but idk what you altered as far as AI goes.  Opening battle at monastery, Ramza knocks leader knight to 1 HP then moves away a bit.   Alicia (or Lavan?) is one step away and knights right side and front are open and accessible to have her attack and deal the death blow to him.  Instead she walks away and uses a high ether on Gaff.  I thought killing enemies was priority 1 for the AI?  

Similar situation battle in Gariland.  Ramza took a crit and some poison damage, was in critical state, I removed poison, and waited.  Female squire on roof has throw stone, and instead of throwing stone at Ramza, attacks my Knight.

Another thing, Mandalia plains.  Random squire named Junk.  Awesome.  Waiting for a bastard poetry now ;-p.  My archer uses camouflage, and even though she is at full HP, last remaining squire passes up a charging Ramza and pursues her to throw a rock at her.  (Love the quote BTW).   It connects for small damage, transparent is off.  Recast it, and same thing.  Do the enemies now prioritize attacking transparent units?  If so that makes a lot of things very easy to break.

efrate:
Noticed a few more minor issues.  

In Dorter Story Battle, there is no abilites listed for the Black Mages Primary on one, and no primary or secondary ability listed for the other.  Support and Move are there though.

Was fighting in the woods and an Ahriman landed in a puddle even though they cannot enter water?  The little one square water area on the right side of the map as your characters face for the story battle.  Was this a change from 1.3 because I never remember it happening in there either.

philsov:

--- Quote ---If a unit is poisoned and you hit select on the status effect part of the status screen (right after you open status screen then press circle) it says poison is curable by antidote, and since antidotes don't exist...
--- End quote ---

Ha.  Forgot about that bit of status!  Thanks for the reminder, I'll update that whole text block.

--- Quote ---Also a few AI questions there may be some slight issue but idk what you altered as far as AI goes. Opening battle at monastery, Ramza knocks leader knight to 1 HP then moves away a bit. Alicia (or Lavan?) is one step away and knights right side and front are open and accessible to have her attack and deal the death blow to him. Instead she walks away and uses a high ether on Gaff. I thought killing enemies was priority 1 for the AI?

Similar situation battle in Gariland. Ramza took a crit and some poison damage, was in critical state, I removed poison, and waited. Female squire on roof has throw stone, and instead of throwing stone at Ramza, attacks my Knight.
--- End quote ---

While the AI does use a priority list, there is still a hint of randomness in each action.  In one way this is good that it's not completely predictable, but in other situations when there's objectively something worthwhile and they opt out of it.  Evasion is another matter, too -- going for a 100% strike to knock an opponent in critical over a 70% deathblow is questionably better.  

--- Quote ---Random squire named Junk. Awesome.
--- End quote ---

Junk's... always been in game >_>.

--- Quote ---Do the enemies now prioritize attacking transparent units? If so that makes a lot of things very easy to break.
--- End quote ---

It would appear so.  Transparent is viewed as a positive status, so doing an action that'll cancel positive status AND inflict damage is superior to one that does not.  There might have been other issues present (neutral compat to both units?  best compat vs charging neutral is the same output), but camo might have to be scrapped if this is highly reproducable and quite exploitable.  Sadface

--- Quote ---In Dorter Story Battle, there is no abilites listed for the Black Mages Primary on one, and no primary or secondary ability listed for the other. Support and Move are there though.
--- End quote ---

Probably a text error... they should have custom skillsets with (previously) blank names.  Hm.

--- Quote ---Was fighting in the woods and an Ahriman landed in a puddle even though they cannot enter water? The little one square water area on the right side of the map as your characters face for the story battle. Was this a change from 1.3 because I never remember it happening in there either.
--- End quote ---

Some monsters lost cannot enter water in order to make room for the Caution secondary reaction ability.

Great feedback, thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version