General > FFT: ASM'd

FFT:ASM'd -- Demo Download

<< < (3/9) > >>

RavenOfRazgriz:
Played Thieve's Fort, hunting down Blue Magic.

Small Mantle and Oak Staff display wrong evasion values when checking their descriptions with the select button.

Blue Magic is fucking powerful.

On the select menu, when it says what can equip what, "Sg" is still used indicating "Sage", instead of a "BM" to indicate Blue Mage.

Miluda's a woman in a man's body. The fight itself didn't have any problems, though.

The main problem I've had with low movement ranges so far is that it's very hard to get my own units spread out to avoid AoE, and many times I find some units can't even move in some directions because the combination of 2 move and a REALLY small PBF make it impossible for them to even start spread out or spread out in a favorable way once started.   I'd recommend making sure there are as few "compact" PBF screens as possible due to this, since where you place characters means more... when there's barely room to place them on the screen it becomes a real bother as their own placement, low move, terrain can easily block off half the directions they can move, and it gets really annoying to have to press "Wait" because the unit on the far left got their turn before the two units next to her.  (That happened to me on Mandalia Plains a few times during random battles, and the terrain and PBF made it impossible for me to avoid locking in a unit like that.)   It's mostly annoying because the enemy party doesn't have this issue, so by the time you've separated your units from each other they're usually breathing down your neck.  Once the battling starts, the 2 move thing is usually fine and welcome unless corpses begin to mount up all around a character, it's just those times before it on maps that have bad PBF / starting terrain combinations that really become irksome.

Sephirot24:
Finally got time to DL this
I'll give it a try later and comment here, and also point out any bugs that haven't been mentioned here.

I'll point out that Ad-Aware detected your ppf-o-matic as malware and didn't let me use it =/
I downloaded the one from the 1.3 section and works fine. Don't know how that happened =P

RavenOfRazgriz:
Quick note, I peeked at Lenalia Plateau because I was curious, and Miluda goes back to being a woman.

So it's just Thieves' Fort that's screwed up somehow.

The Damned:
So, I finally got around to playing again, just finished Dorter a minute ago after having to Reset 1 once because of getting hit by everything under the sun.

...Ugh. Suddenly, I'm not sure if this lowered movement thing is going to work at all, at least with current inability to alter maps.

Dorter is the first "good" example of this. Even with the "merciful" formation divide to start near the Long Bow rooftop Archer that would otherwise be Shiva and Fire being a lot faster than it should be and Poison Volley always hitting me (though part of that may just be the RNG hating me), this fight is now just stupid.

You're either damned if you do or damned if you don't between the AoE concerns that Raven talked about, the sheer range of half of the other team, your Guests being idiots like usual (even more so this time around since their movement is limited to, so they're even more likely to move next to you right before the Wizard's turn...), the Wizard with White Magic having Move-MP Up and Archers double-turning me. Are Archers supposed to have 7 Speed? At level 5?

I've never been so annoyed to see Yell. I don't remember the other team using it nearly as much (at all, really) as it has ASM'd so far. (Beginning to fucking hate Yell, to be quite frank.)

I honestly don't think I would have won if it wasn't for having made Ramza into a Blue Mage earlier today (by doing two randoms in Mandalia, once from the West and once from the East--I was trying to see if the fights were different from 1.3; they currently aren't0) being able to OHKO the Wizards with mistakenly available Thunder Breath.

I hate having to win like that, but I'm sure as hell not going to do it again. I'm REALLY not looking forward to Algus now...or Dorter II...or Zirekile. Basically anything with really high verticals in addition to the movement restrictions.

Speaking of which, has there been anything you've changed with regards to the (later) Chapters? I know you said that you didn't really touch the text--I noticed that Delita still says the "seem" annoyance that he does.

All that said, I will endeavor to play through it for a good while, at least until FDC comes out with his next patch and/or I end up wanting to play 1.3 again.

P.S. I noticed that you made Equip Spear into Equip Polearms. Would there be anyway that you make that particular ASM available...?

P.P.S. I actually failed to notice something with regards to the Chemist ability mix-up: Dual Kiss, Turtle Shell AND Shade of Grey are all mixed-up, not just the former two. The items themselves seem to have the right description, though Turtle Shell is not currently available for confirmation.

RavenOfRazgriz:

--- Quote from: "The Damned" ---You're either damned if you do or damned if you don't between the AoE concerns that Raven talked about, the sheer range of half of the other team, your Guests being idiots like usual (even more so this time around since their movement is limited to, so they're even more likely to move next to you right before the Wizard's turn...), the Wizard with White Magic having Move-MP Up and Archers double-turning me. Are Archers supposed to have 7 Speed? At level 5?
--- End quote ---

I'm going to guess that's because he hasn't touched the Speed multipliers yet.  Archers do have the second highest generic Speed multiplier though looking at them in Patcher, so yeah, that happens.  I just checked my Level 5 Delita to confirm since Speed Growth itself is flatlined for all the playable classes.

I think the upper team needs a bigger PBF in regards to Dorter.  Most of the difficulty in this fight for me came from getting 3 Poisoned units on the first turn.  I had one run where she did something besides use Poison and I won without too much difficulty because things like Move-MP UP work both ways.  The speed-cast Fires were really the only other difficulty hurdle for me, and that's something that's going to be fixed so eh.

I'd go for removing Move-MP UP on those mages though if only because of how early it is - and the fact they have it and higher tier Black Magics you won't be able to get for a while due to the JP cost.  Stupid Fire 2 With Tier 1 Spell Casting Times probably caused the majority of my resetting alongside the nigh-unavoidable Turn 1 Poison Volley on 3 units.

--- Quote from: "The Damned" ---I've never been so annoyed to see Yell. I don't remember the other team using it nearly as much (at all, really) as it has ASM'd so far. (Beginning to fucking hate Yell, to be quite frank.)
--- End quote ---

That's because the other team doesn't have Yell if you're not playing ASM'd!

Even then, it's not been so bad for me.  Them using Yell and me not caring all that much has really been the main thing that's had me thinking that Initial: Haste would be okay to leave in.  It just doesn't seem worth it for me to use Yell on characters so far unless it's someone I need to get into the fray or something quickly.

--- Quote from: "The Damned" ---I hate having to win like that, but I'm sure as hell not going to do it again. I'm REALLY not looking forward to Algus now...or Dorter II...or Zirekile. Basically anything with really high verticals in addition to the movement restrictions.
--- End quote ---

Heh... Zirekile Falls is definitely going to be redesigned based on what I've experienced so far, though I think he's going to be doing another party split up there for some reason.  I'm actually not as worried about the other two yet, myself, though I won't be able to finish up Chapter 1 until Thursday night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version