Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to FFH! Where all your dreams come true!

______ Patch  (Read 10316 times)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Kourama [Posts: 382] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 28, 2009, 04:57:57 PM]
______ Patch
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:57:57 PM »
Well here is my patch. The patch is pretty simple. No event edits, just some new abilities and changes, some new jobs with changes to current skillsets, item/equip changes, random battle changes and crapload of text edits. I have no name for it because it didn't really have set vision just things I wanted to change with input from my brother and it is what it is now.

Spoilers for most of the changes are below.

Changes


I would like to thank melonhead for a great set of programs, zodiac for a site with a community dedicated to hacking one of the greatest games ever made.

Special thanks goes to Razele for his great asm hacks, as well as everyone who helped me figure out the issues I was having with animations and inserting my new sprites. I'd also like to thank the community as a whole because some of your sprites and ideas inspired changes to this patch.

I hope whomever plays it enjoys it and please provide feedback.


One last thing, the Sephiroth and Vincent sprites from FF7 are both Type 2 sprites so if you want to change that on the custom sprites page Zodiac this is just a heads up as they are mislabled at the moment.

Edit: Updated attachment with new .ppf file. Anyone who started this patch earlier will need to start over because of the changes I've made to the shops as well as one of the characters you get in the 1st chapter.


Extra Changes:

- Added Defend Innate All
- Undead randomly reraise after dying but never change to crystals or treasure


Known Bugs:

- "Zack" sprite character does enemy gaffy's actions in the two fights you fight him in after he turns on you so don't use that character in those fights.

- Ranger, Deadly Sniper, both have moves that show damage or status 2x instead of once.

- Deadly Sniper portrait doesn't show the black colors in formation or battle formation.

Bug Fixes:

- "Zack" sprite works fine while gaffy is on your team.
- Head Shot works properly now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 02:07:00 PM by Kourama »
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4805] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 28, 2009, 05:11:25 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »
Well done patch, I've started it right now.
I'll let you know if there are bugs-typo etc xD
This portrait that you get in team menu is strange...but in-battle is fine.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3240/n ... bitmap.png
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Dome »
Quote
Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
Zalge Logged
  • share
  • [April 28, 2009, 08:02:15 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 08:02:15 PM »
IMO First aid sounds like it could be abused to hell as an easy way to train your characters.
However, I'll play it anyway.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Zalge »
Goomba Logged
  • share
  • [April 28, 2009, 08:49:36 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:49:36 PM »
Good job on the patch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Goomba »
Kourama [Posts: 382] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 28, 2009, 09:12:59 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:12:59 PM »
Quote from: "Dome"
Well done patch, I've started it right now.
I'll let you know if there are bugs-typo etc xD
This portrait that you get in team menu is strange...but in-battle is fine.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3240/n ... bitmap.png

Yeah I know about that already, not sure what's causing it but looking into it. Zozma thought it was the first color being black in the palette, but it isn't so still trying to figure it out.

Quote from: "Zalge"
IMO First aid sounds like it could be abused to hell as an easy way to train your characters.
However, I'll play it anyway.


Well play the game and let me know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Kourama »
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4805] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 28, 2009, 10:42:16 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
Bug:
Water shot with the deadly sniper shows 2 times the damage (using a bow gun)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Dome »
Quote
Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
Zalge Logged
  • share
  • [April 28, 2009, 11:43:20 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 11:43:20 PM »
Quote from: "Kourama"
Well play the game and let me know.
Well, does it take any MP to use? If so, then it couldn't be abused that much.
Otherwise, all you would have to do is reduce an enemy's HP to critical, kill all the others, and then either surround it or chicken it then have your characters keep using first aid until they level up. And they could do it even again after that. Its how I normally train my characters, except using first aid only heals 1 HP and can therefore be abused to hell, as 2 characters need to get hit a couple times to deal a fair amount of damage then they and the other characters just have to keep using first aid to heal each other. However, this is only if it doesn't take any MP. W/ MP usage, it would still be abused, but not as much.[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Zalge »
Kourama [Posts: 382] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 12:10:03 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 12:10:03 AM »
Quote from: "Zalge"
Quote from: "Kourama"
Well play the game and let me know.
Well, does it take any MP to use? If so, then it couldn't be abused that much.
Otherwise, all you would have to do is reduce an enemy's HP to critical, kill all the others, and then either surround it or chicken it then have your characters keep using first aid until they level up. And they could do it even again after that. Its how I normally train my characters, except using first aid only heals 1 HP and can therefore be abused to hell, as 2 characters need to get hit a couple times to deal a fair amount of damage then they and the other characters just have to keep using first aid to heal each other. However, this is only if it doesn't take any MP. W/ MP usage, it would still be abused, but not as much.


If you are looking to abuse the game in my patch its not going to be overtly difficult. I didn't make the patch to be ultra balanced. I made it to have some differences than than the original but with changes that my brother and I liked. If you can't help to abuse job/ability systems in the game, then that's on you.

Move-MP Up + MP Switch is still in the game, Brave/Faith modification is still in the game, if you don't want to play the patch because there are things that still can be abused then don't. I understand the basis of your criticism but I don't understand why you are making it if you haven't played the patch and since the patch wasn't made to take out all abuse able combinations. Basically I'm confused as to what you are really trying to point out or prove.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Kourama »
Zalge Logged
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 12:28:39 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 12:28:39 AM »
All I'm really trying to say is that First Aid just gives the player a BY FAR easier way to train their characters to be uber without even trying.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Zalge »
LastingDawn [Posts: 3416] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 12:50:55 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 12:50:55 AM »
Party Level is set, Zalge, therefore level as much as you like, it won't do much good, there's always ways around breaking any system, ever use Accumulate 100 times in a battle to "train characters to be uber without even trying."? It is still less broken then vanilla's system.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by LastingDawn »
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!
Goomba Logged
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 01:02:32 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 01:02:32 AM »
Why would the mod maker try and police what the player does to level in this game when levels really don't give you any real advantage? The player's lack of self control is out of his hands since you can always do something to get EXP.


Oh, look. I'm hitting my own units over and over again and healing them. You shouldn't be able to hit your party members, then, because it's abusable. You could level too fast.



If you play this patch you'll see that the enemies have party level+ random and random equipment.


Leveling up is to your detriment here. Weapon shops don't scale with the enemies so you're always behind.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Goomba »
Kourama [Posts: 382] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 03:23:59 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 03:23:59 AM »
Quote from: "Dome"
Bug:
Water shot with the deadly sniper shows 2 times the damage (using a bow gun)


Yeah that, the Ranger abilities and the other elemental shots that deadly sniper have do that too so I'm going to have to find away around that.


By the way thank you LD and Goomba. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Zalge's issue odd.

Now Zalge, if you want to play my path without First Aid I would be more than happy to give you the fftpatcher file I have so you can use it on your own patch. If you want to help, which is what your comments on First Aid were an attempt to, then if you knew what hex editing or offsets I need to look at in battle.bin to fix the bugs that Dome posted would be great.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Kourama »
dwib [Posts: 674] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 05:01:24 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 05:01:24 AM »
Frankly, this patch seems more like a personal project that is respectable because it has actually been worked on quite a bit and it has some good ideas in it. It's not a community effort like mercenaries so if you don't want to abuse a skill, don't abuse it. If you want to, do it. No one cares.

Good work Kourama
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by dwib »
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4805] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 07:38:21 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 07:38:21 AM »
Quote from: "dwib"
Frankly, this patch seems more like a personal project that is respectable because it has actually been worked on quite a bit and it has some good ideas in it. It's not a community effort like mercenaries so if you don't want to abuse a skill, don't abuse it. If you want to, do it. No one cares.

Good work Kourama

I agree with the Byblos guy
Good work Kourama!
P.s: Btw, what does silent walk do?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Dome »
Quote
Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
Dormin Jake [Posts: 409] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 04:31:43 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »
Quote from: "Dome"
Btw, what does silent walk do?

Silent Walk allows you to walk on trap panels without triggering the trap.

Interesting looking patch!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Dormin Jake »
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4805] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 06:38:44 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 06:38:44 PM »
Head shot of the deadly sniper have the display effect of cura (but it does damage)...is this a wanted thing?
And it does not show the dead status when you click on the enemy...is this a bug?
Edit
Dorter II
This is Gafgarion
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gafgarionh.png
The same happened to Agrias...
And the bushido guy (I called him Zack xD) talked instead of Gafgarion
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2646 ... garion.png
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Dome »
Quote
Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
Kourama [Posts: 382] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 29, 2009, 11:45:50 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »
Quote from: "Dome"
Head shot of the deadly sniper have the display effect of cura (but it does damage)...is this a wanted thing?
And it does not show the dead status when you click on the enemy...is this a bug?
Edit
Dorter II
This is Gafgarion
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gafgarionh.png
The same happened to Agrias...
And the bushido guy (I called him Zack xD) talked instead of Gafgarion
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2646 ... garion.png


Hmm that's wierd and yeah I know about the Head Shot thing with cura effect ... turns out quick bloody strike = cura effect. Don't know why the dead status isn't showing. Is it showing any status? If it is showing just one status then it is working fine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Kourama »
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4805] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [April 30, 2009, 07:55:15 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 07:55:15 AM »
No status is showing at all xD
If and when you will release a new version I will keep on with the testing ^_^
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Dome »
Quote
Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
Kourama [Posts: 382] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [May 02, 2009, 12:52:07 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
It might be a while before I release a new version, maybe 1-2 weeks. Busy with RL stuff but I appreciate you testing it and posting the bugs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Kourama »
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4805] Logged
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [May 02, 2009, 07:23:08 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 07:23:08 AM »
Quote from: "Kourama"
It might be a while before I release a new version, maybe 1-2 weeks. Busy with RL stuff but I appreciate you testing it and posting the bugs.

No problem ;P
I like your patch and I can wait a bit
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Dome »
Quote
Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
Pages: [1] 2 3