• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:20:44 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Weird In-game sprite glitch

Started by Azrael, April 07, 2009, 05:02:31 am

Azrael

April 07, 2009, 05:02:31 am Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:26:06 am by Azrael
See attached image...

As you can see, I have a Miang sprite present - I used Rudvich's job 23, as well as his sprite slot, and Teta's 23 Magic skillset to create my own custom class.. I've played all game with PRACTICALLY no issues whatsoever up to this point, save for the actual two scenes in which Rudvich was involved..

(showed up as Miang as well, despite my ENTD changes.. though, I used one of the lower, new slots thanks to the ISO expansion..)

Anyways, why, of all things, would my generic Time Mage glitch..? As you can see, she has Miang's portrait.. is her sprite being forced onto my time mage for some reason..? o_O

Like, what the fuck?  lol..

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that the one in the middle is 'Ramza', and yes, that's the Pieke sprite, which I'd really like to try and complete all the poses for, so he's perfectly suitable for use as the hero. Love the sprite.  ^_^

FFMaster

April 07, 2009, 05:25:24 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
I am assuming you broke the sprite limit.

Maximum 9 sprites per battle.

EDIT: In other words, use the ENTD editor to use less classes for the enemy.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Azrael

April 07, 2009, 01:50:08 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Azrael
I already beat the battle (haven't tried another just yet), but that sounds plausible...

Just opened up the patcher, good call. Have a cookie! There were exactly 10 different sprites in use.