• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:03:37 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The role of History in Mercenaries (Hedin Sidequest)

Started by LastingDawn, November 20, 2008, 09:34:30 pm

LastingDawn

November 20, 2008, 09:34:30 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
This is basically a recap and compilation of the role of History in Mercenaries, keep in mind it's not just about gameplay, but is intended to have a rich and story craving sidequest.

QuoteNew Addition: Historical Archives!
History plays a large part in Mercenaries, with a lot of the back story actually being told through these scrambled historical texts. Everything that used to be a proposition, is now a small snippet of history! Of course the rumors are no exception, hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to add more. But I have far too similar of a writing pattern when I write but first let me give you a slight base...

The three main books you read in the game are...

The Durai Report, which had gained massive success and is garnering resentment towards the Hyral Royal Family, it has now been released for 40 years and though many people have tried to refute it, Alazlam was able to respond in kind and point out how everything "fit". Frequently citing another book called "Memoirs of a Cadet" which was widely believed to be a work of fiction, until the Durai Report was released.

This book chronicles the life of young nobleman Badum Gillroy as he journey's with St. Victor to stop the cause of the Lion War, it is a tale of daring and danger, demons, monsters, and ill hearted humans fill it's pages but St. Victor and his team triumph over all. The book ends on a rather sad note as they descend into Orbonne Monastary, Badum leaves the collected diary outside, hoping someone would pick it up if he were not to return. Believed to be a work of fiction, written shortly after King Delita united the land, the Durai Report adds credence to this tale, and would mean that "St. Victor" was none other then Ramza Beoulve.

Alazlam has used these two books as a way to keep out debate for thirty eight years in total. Though shortly after he died of natural causes, historians came out of the woodwork, struggling to tear down Durai's legacy of "Enlightenment". Many court historians arose like locusts with many "unreleased" texts which painted Ramza as a cold blooded murder, but that only seemed far too suspicious to the wary public, and disregarded these new "manuscripts".

Griescher's Documents is the second book, written only years after the Durai Report's release, he was Alazlam's main opponent and his notes aim to prove that the Durai Report is for the most part nearly a fabrication. Griescher was the head historian for the Hyral Royal Family, it was tasked to him to show that the Durai Report was just misleading propoganda against the great founder of the current Royal Family. His Foreword places Ramza Beoulve as a dangerous Heretic who killed these innocent people lusting after the Holy Stones, who had no relation to the Hero King Delita. Before being able to complete his work, he died under mysterious circumstances. His unfinished works were collected and released, shortly after Griescher's death. Any serious historian studying the Lion War would take both the Durai Report as well as Griescher's Documents along with them in their journeys.

The final and most important book is called "Ruglia's Records" which chronicles the life of a young mercenary in the service of renowned mercenary Gaff Gafgarion. The story starts at Fort Zeakden, known to history as the Fort Zeakden incident. This book is Ramza's own personal journal, the only biases are his biases, no one elses. Truly the most influential text of the mystery surrounding the youngest Beoulve. Though many other court historians have arrived with their own "lost texts" the historian Hedin Fordring must prove that these are genuine articles and compile the journey's of Ramza Ruglia, into a single, coherent book. Armed with the Durai Report in one hand and Griescher's Documents in the other, the young historian journey's Ivalice on the thirst for further information on the Lion War.

Here are a few samples for Olan and Grieschers books. (Thanks goes to Kaijitani Eizan as well as LostMinstrel for writing up Griescher's foreword and a snippet of the Durai Report!)

I am looking for submissions for any random piece of the Ending of the Fifty Year War, until King Delita Unites the Land. Don't worry about grammar, I would be glad to fix it up for you, this also gives a good chance to be put in Mercenaries! I cannot wait for what you fellows come up with, there are a lot of propositions that need replaced, so keep the creativity flowing!

The role of Hedin Fordring, the young historian who stumbled upon the Ruglia Records. His role is completely unique. The Bar has been transformed into "Historical Archives". Which allows you to read through histories, and allow Hedin to study specific subjects, this will net you a few extra gil and Hedin will gain JP. Of course this subplot has no (planned) affect on the outcome of the game. It is an imperative goal of mine to show  that Hedin Fordring and Ramza are the two main protagonists, while Hedin researches the Ruglia Records and takes on many different subjects, Ramza's journey is just that of a book. To emphasize this, is the "Memoirs" Section of the Records, (used from the unused "Fact" section in our normal FFT)

Memoirs, to jog some memories is short for "Memoirs of a Cadet" a tale that arose shortly after Delita united the land, and had quickly become a favorite in households. Tales of daring young men, demons, brave women, and one heroic saint.,St. Victor,.Memoirs of a Cadet lends large credence to the Durai Report, since there are many uncanny similarities between the two. Many people now believe that St. Victor was Ramza Beoulve, and his childhood friend who lost himself to ambition, and rising to the rank of Duke was actually King Delita. With the Durai Report in one hand and the Memoirs of a Cadet in another, Alazlam's seat of power was guaranteed

With Ramza and Rad, Hedin will always be in your party. But Hedin has a double role... He is the only character that can "study" (attend propositions). Thanks to this he obtains Gil and JP (his gil is still of course, Ramza's gil.) But his JP is special, his main class (Historian) has a few unique skills. Well as I've said before, Hedin plays no active role in the game, but he plays a relatively helpful role. you only get one Hedin, of course. when you place Hedin into battle, he will immediately become a Crystal. This is the true worth of attending the sub-plot. He has a unique skill for the Mercenary and Hessian for Ramza. If Rad chooses to pick up the crystal, there will be a unique skill for Apprentice and Red Mage. So if you do intend to sacrifice Hedin, make sure to do so after you've unlocked their final two classes. Otherwise it isn't really worth it.

QuoteForeword to Griescher's Documents:

Let me get straight to the point...

Ramza is a fictional character concocted by Orlan Durai as part of his anti-Delita agenda. 99% of the story is untrue, because Alazlam is retelling history based on the Durai Report, which Orlan wrote, and we can't trust Orlan because of his anti-Delita bias.

Reasons for Orlan to hate Delita include Delita's manipulation of Goltana to have his foster father (Orlandu) arrested, Delita's murder of Goltana, and Delita's murder of Orlandu. In the Report, a "fake" Orlandu is killed by Delita. In actual history, Delita killed the real Orlandu. Orlan changes things in his report, having his foster father join with the fictional Ramza to "save Ivalice from the Zodiac monsters".

The actual Ramza is as the Church says, a heretic. There were never any Zodiac monsters in history. Ramza just kills everyone, and Orlan attributes the massacres to Zodiac monsters. Crazy I know, but consider Vormav as he is portrayed in The Manipulator and the Subervient  and Vormav as he appears in The Valiant. In The Manipulator and the Subservient, he is an agent of the Church, manipulating things with Delita's help. In The Valiant, after no time lapse, he is possessed by a Zodiac monster. Orlan stretches the truth, and paints Ramza as a "kind man", from a "noble family". He does this to establish a character to rival Delita, a stable boy of humble beginnings that rose to high standing through hard work. The people of Ivalice admire Delita, but Orlan tries to fu-fu him and make Ramza seem like a good guy.

Why did the Church conceal the Durai Report? Because it brings to light the Church's own manipulation of things. It was ultimately unable to triumph, as Delita, the clever opportunist, siezed the chances he was given.

Lastly, consider the ending. Orlan depicts Ramza as having miraculously escaped Murond. That didn't happen. Orlan is just a poor writer. He does this though to give Ramza a "larger than life" sense of being. He's from a good family, he stood true to his friends, he did things selflessly, and ultimately, he saved Ivalice from the "Zodiac monsters". His sister Alma, as least as she is portrayed in the Report, is also largely fictional. However, just as Delita showed determination and resolve after his sister's death, so too does the fictional Ramza show resolve to rescue his sister. However, fictional Ramza is ultimately successful, unlike Delita, but that is only because Orlan is mis-portraying history.

There is also the final scene in which Ovelia turns on Delita. None of that actually happened in history, but Orlan retells this out-landish lie to portray Delita as a manipulator that ultimately had nothing in the end (i.e. he loses his queen, he lost his childhood friend, etc.). He does this in one final attempt to portray Delita as a bad person, having "used" the fictional Ramza for his own purposes.

QuoteRuglia Records

Gariland Military Academy

Having left the Order of the Northern Sky and feeling hopelessly lost after the tragedy at Ziekden, I found myself questioning my own purpose in life. Still, I drifted back to the Gariland Military Academy, having nowhere else to go. It was there that I met a young sellsword named Rad, who was an apprentice to Gafgarion, a well known mercenary and an ex-Eastern Sky commander. They were hired to find and eliminate a group of brigands who attacked a prominent apothecary recently. When the group was spotted trying to escape town, Gafgarion and Rad gave chase. I decided to accompany them, feeling a mysterious sense of excitement fill me.

Mysterious Swordmaiden

While traveling through Mandalia Plains, we chanced upon a woman named Lavian being attacked by a group of brigands. Though Gafgarion wanted to simply cut down the rogues and continue on our way, Rad wanted to save the woman. A brutal battle ensued, in which Lavian showed herself to be skilled with a sword. After the brigands were dispatched and noting how dangerous it was to travel alone, Gafgarion offered Lavian a chance to join us.

A Surprise Evening Melee

As I searched Sweegy Woods for suitable kindling for a campfire, I came across a Dragoon and a group of armed fighters. The Dragoon informed me that a melee battle was about to take place and that the sole survivor would win prizes. I was surprised when he told me that I would be a participant as well. I attempted to call for help, but the Dragoon bluntly stated that I would be killed on the spot if I did. Reluctantly, I took part in the battle and won. Afterward, I questioned myself for getting caught in such a situation, and wondered about the zeal of the participants in this bloodsport.

QuoteMemoirs of a Cadet

Cuchulainn
I've seen many creatures in my life. The kinds of monsters and beasts I've encountered in my travels with St. Victor have been too numerous to count. But nothing prepared me for the sight I witnessed in Lionel Castle. It was a demon of unimaginable horror.

Apparently born of the auricite, it invoked within me awe and a crushing fear...
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dominic NY18

November 20, 2008, 09:54:37 pm #1 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 04:41:18 pm by Dominic NY18
Here's the journal entries for As a Cadet, Under His Guidance, and The Price of Nobility. I may end up renaming them, as simply leaving them as "Entry _" seems bland to me.

QuoteAs a Cadet
Entry 1
If I had to describe my life up to the point, I certainly wouldn't complain much. Being the son of a nobleman, I've never wanted for anything important. I dedicate the majority of my time to researching various subjects and pursuits, particularly history. Still, I do wish that I can go on an exciting journey sometimes. Instead, I may just end up being a simple scholar. Is that what I want?

Entry 2
It seems that my father has finally come to a decision regarding my direction in life. He wants me to follow in his footsteps and become a knight. To that end, he has enrolled me into the Royal Military Akademy in (Gariland). While I sometimes have the urge to go on an adventure, I'm not sure if I want to become a soldier. Still, I've no say in the matter, and within a few weeks, I'll be in the Akademy along with other fresh faced recruits. I better bring along as many books as possible.

Entry 3
I must admit that my experience as a knight apprentice hasn't been an easy one. I am grateful for the many acquaintances I've made so far. I have even befriended (Ramza Beoulve/St. Victor), the youngest son of House Beoulve. Though most would consider him highborn among the high, he seems like a very down to earth person. Hardly the spoon-fed brat I expected him to be.

Though I am warming up to the Akademy, I still wish I had more time for my reading and writing. These short entries will have to do for now.

Entry 4
Graduation time is fast approaching and excitement fills the air. The other cadets and I were gathered in the meeting hall awaiting our daily briefing. A band of outlaws known as the Lethe Brigade continues to cause problems throughout (Gallionne) and the Order had plans in place to deal with these ne'er-do-wells. We knights apprentice are charged with providing rear guard support.

I'd better head into town to buy some books for the road then. I've no idea how long we will be away for.

Under His Guidance
Entry 5
On our way to Eagron, we rescued an old man being attacked by a group of highwaymen on Mandalia Plain. After lending our assistance to him, he introduced himself as (Algus), a veteran strategist with the Order of the Northern Sky who was traveling with Lady Elidena of Rimbeni. Her caravan was attacked en route to Eagron. Lady Elidena was abducted in the attack, and all traveling with her save for (Algus) were killed. Though he seems to regard (St. Victor) with utmost respect, he regards the rest of us with a barely disguised contempt.

It's situations like these that make me thankful for being highborn.

Entry 6
When we arrived here in Eagron, Dycedarg, (St. Victor)'s eldest brother, greeted us with praise for our actions in (Gariland) and (Mandalia Plain). When (Algus) suggested that a rescue operation to save the kidnapped Lady of Rimbeni be undertaken however, Dycedarg rebuked him, reminding the old man of his diminished status.

Since we've been charged with guard duty, I may just be able to catch up on my readings. I'm particularly interested in a rare book supposedly written by Elidibus, who is regarded as the greatest mage of the modern era. It is a book that details not only various kinds of magick and the techniques needed to properly cast spells, but also the philosophy behind spellcasting itself.

It has me very interested in being able to weave spells of my own.

Entry 7
It's been a week since we've arrived at Eagron. I must admit that having experienced the excitement of traveling with friends and brothers-in-arms, guard duty is very boring in comparison. I've spent much of my time reading the grimoire written by Elidibus. I'm fascinated by the book so far. It seems that Elidibus used an ancient style of spellcasting that's been all but lost in the modern era. I've many more pages to go, so I'm excited to see what other secrets lie within.

Because I usually have my face buried in some book or another when not on guard duty, I haven't kept up with what's been going on. One of our companions from the Akademy, (female cadet), has taken it upon herself to keep me informed of what's going on with our leader. She has informed me that (Algus) insisted that those of lower status than himself sleep in the servants' quarters, which has stirred up discontent among us. Being from a fairly successful noble family, his wishes don't affect my sleeping arrangements, but (female cadet) is affected by it. (St. Victor) is doing the best he can to mediate between the two.

On a more positive note, (Female cadet) has also volunteered to help me with my spellcasting, as she has a little bit of experience with magic. She's no great magus, but I can't complain as she's more experienced with spellcasting than I.

Entry 8
I am writing this entry while leaning on a boulder on the Mandalia Plain. How did it come to this?

Ser (Algus) requested an audience with us early this morning. Despite the orders of (Ramza/St. Victor)'s lord brother, (Algus) has decided to mount a rescue operation to save Lady Elidena. Apparently, the group who kidnapped her is from a poor town in eastern (Gallionne). They apparently live in destitute conditions around a natural lake. (Algus)'s plan is to dam the river that feeds into the lake, which would likely destroy what little livelihood they have. They would then either give up Lady Elidena or starve.

I wasn't surprised then when (St. Victor) refused to give any assistance. He almost pleaded with us, stating how much glory there would be for us if we saved the kidnapped woman. Still, our leader refused, saying that innocents need not die and that his lord brother would surely punish them for disobeying orders. Growing impatient with his doggedness, (Algus) ordered us to leave his manse, cursing us as ungrateful dogs.

We save his life, and the whoreson repays us by throwing us out of his manse for not going along with his unofficial mission. It doesn't take a sage to see who's the ungrateful dog here.

We did not report back to St. Victor's lord brother however. Instead, after buying some supplies, we set out for eastern (Gallionne). Just what is going through my lord's head anyway?

I'll end today's entry here. It's a bit warm out and the shade of that large boulder I see seems very inviting.

Entry 9
Has he gone mad!?

It was as I thought. Our leader intends to inform the people dwelling in the slums that are the Lethe Brigade's base of the plans in store for them. We are supposed to be in Eagron awaiting further orders. Instead, we are cutting our way through the (Sweegy Woods/Siege Wield), with monsters opposing us at every step. On top of that, he has instructed us to dress in their colors, so as not to attract attention. A potentially treasonous action considering that we aren't on leave.

We will at the very least, be reprimanded by Lord Dycedarg for our actions. If we manage to make it back to Eagron alive, we may not remain that way for long, depending on the outcome of this expedition.

I wonder.

Are we headed for victory, fame, and glory, or for failure, the gallows, and oblivion?

Entry 10
Is this really worth it? We've had to deal with a few patrols of roaming Brigade members on our trek through the slums of (Dorter). I'm currently writing with an arrow wound to my shoulder that's making spellcasting nigh-impossible and is causing me a great deal of pain. Thankfully, it was my right shoulder and not my left. I'd not be writing this if it were the other way around.

All of this to save lives from a fallen noble looking to do anything necessary to regain his lost status? We've almost lost our lives more times than I can count at this point.

I suppose this is what I get for desiring an adventure. Besides, (female cadet) has lavished more attention on me than usual, and I certainly can't complain about that.

(Ramza) has been summoned before the leader of the Lethe Brigade, so I'm going to cut this one short. Plus, my self-appointed nurse is giving me a rather stern glare at the moment.

Still, I have a bad feeling about all of this. Something isn't right about this situation.Something ominous is in the air.

I just pray that my instincts are wrong...

Entry 11
He was nothing like I expected him to be. The leader of the Lethe Brigade has an air of nobility about him that belies his humble origins. He certainly doesn't seem like a commoner.

The blade sheathed at his side and the stories I've heard of him suggests that (Wiegraf) is a competent swordsman as well. That however, isn't as much a surprise. He IS the leader of the Lethe Brigade.

Despite his doubts about our purpose, he seems to have taken (Ramza)'s warnings to heart and is now calling for an evacuation of the slums. We don't know when (Algus) is going to carry out his plans, so he ordered the evacuation to be done as quickly as possible. He has also decided to leave Lady Elidena here. I'm not sure how well that's going to go over with our superiors. But, we are more than likely already charged with desertion, dereliction of duty, or maybe even treason considering where we are now. So abandoning a powerful lord here in the slums probably won't make them anymore eager to send us off to the gallows.

Just what drives (Ramza) anyway? I wish I knew the answer to that. Maybe I'll find the answer to that one of these days.

In any case, we are heading back to Eagron on the morrow. Our pace should be far more relaxed now, so I'll have a chance to read more of the Grimoire of Elidibus on the way. I've been neglecting it these past few days.

The Price of Nobility
Entry 12
If there is one thing I have learned from this expedition, it is that I shouldn't ignore my instincts.

What seemed to be a successful avoidance of innocents being washed away in flood waters had instead turned into a most spectacular failure on our part. It seems that the bastard of a strategist had read our every move since we left Eargon almost a week ago. Apparently, we've been followed the entire time. We led him, and the Northern Sky, right to the brigade, which must have been his real objective. (Algus) apparently had no real desire to rescue Lady Elidena. He certainly put on a good act back in Eargon. I wonder if he was ever involved in the theater...

In any case, chaos ensued once the Northern Order sprung their trap. With civilians caught up in the fighting and being partially surrounded, the Brigade members present were cut to pieces. Many were killed and many more were captured. I'm quite certain the Brigade has been dealt a decisive blow here. Still, (Wiegraf) seems to have escaped cature, so the Brigade isn't dead yet.

We were not so lucky. Amidst the bedlam of the battle, we were captured ourselves by an elite group of warriors. Though we offered up a good challenge, we were soundly beaten by the unit. I suspect that they aren't with the Order at all. They certainly weren't wearing their colors.

As we were being disarmed, a Northern Order knight recognized the sword Delita was carrying. He then recognized (Ramza) and we were then sent off to meet with (Algus). Well, we've been caught wearing false colors, which is a serous offense. So I wonder what he has in store for us?

Well, speaking of the devil, here he comes. It looks like we'll learn our fates soon enough.

Entry 13
This is humiliating, I must admit. Having what freedom we did have stripped from us. At least we aren't in an actual prison, but house arrest isn't much better.

With our hands tied, (Ramza) was forced to accept the terms given to him by the scoundrel (Algus). Simply put, he just had to carry out a mission to get us released. If he disagreed, we would be sent to a far worse place (a real prison, I'm guessing), where we would rot for the rest of our days.

He was to assault Fort Zion and help bring an end to the Brigade. After meeting their leader, he probably wasn't too pleased to hear about this. Still he accepted, if only to get us released. His only condition was that he be able to bring someone along with him, under the pretense of this being too great an undertaking for one person.

And so he departed with Delita at his side. I pray they remain safe.

Entry 14
I've spent the last few days here reading Elidibus's grimoire. It seems that to Elidibus, the stances and forms one takes when casting spells is as important as how one uses their own energies to actually cast spells. He also seems to place far more emphasis on spell incantations, even going so far as to creating his own for many common spells. I must admit that some of the incantations for many spells don't make much sense.

With those techniques in mind, I've been practicing my spells when I have the chance. My spellcasting has improved considerably since I've begun casting spells. Already, I'm casting second level spells and I'm certainly more capable than a mere apprentice mage. It also helps to have a willing partner to practice with.

(Female cadet) is on a slightly different path than myself though. It seems that she wants to combine her spells with her blade. It should make for an interesting fusion, one that I want to see for myself.

I've also learned more about her past and how she ended up at the Akademy. She's been wielding blades of all kinds since the age of 7 and was something of a prodigy with them. The nobleman in the household her father worked in witnessed her skills and was impressed with her skills. "Natural talent like this shouldn't go to waste" is what he told her family. And so, when she was of age, he sponsored her entry into the Akademy.

Now that I think of it, the more I learn about her, the more interested in her I am. And not simply because she's my training partner. I'm beginning to realize it's more than that.

A competent spellcaster and a skilled swordmaiden. Compassionate and possessed of an iron will. A dangerous beauty...

Well, I sure chose quite a woman to be infatuated with.

Entry 15
And once again, I'm writing another entry while out in the wilderness.

We had received word this morning that the mission at Fort Zion was successful. All that was required for our release was for (Ramza) to return with proof that he had been there.

He did return soon after we received the news, but Delita was not with him. He refused to say anything about Delita's whereabouts or what happened during the mission. Was Delita dead then? Missing? Just what happened on that mission?

I didn't have too much time to ponder this however. As soon as we were released and ready to go, Ramza drew his sword and, with a cold look in his eyes, mortally wounded (Algus). Though he was dying, (Algus) did manage to fight back and summon his hounds to swarm us. Once again, we were fighting for our lives. After fighting our way out of his manse, we fled Eargon and headed east.

And so here we are, in the deep, dank (Sweegy Woods). No doubt they have elite squads of knights and other warriors combing all of (Gallionne) looking for us. The youngest Beoulve son did slay a nobleman today for no apparent reason.

It's getting dark out, so I'll end it here and go talk to (female cadet). If we are to die or be separated in some way, I at least want to get my feelings for her out. Still, I just wonder...

What's to become of us? What's to become of me, now that becoming a knight is no longer in my future?

dwib

November 20, 2008, 09:58:42 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
And I thought the new job classes were going to make me excited for this game...

Damn I can't wait!

LastingDawn

November 20, 2008, 10:07:21 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Very, very, well done! I can tell with you at the helm Memoir's of a Cadet are going to turn out wonderfully! I await your updates, with the utmost of patience!

Art of War

Dominic NY18

November 22, 2008, 01:52:52 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
*Update*

Finished Entry 8 and added Entry 9.

Archael

November 22, 2008, 01:55:34 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
good job Dom

LastingDawn

November 22, 2008, 02:06:10 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quite nice, I love how realistic each and every entry has seemed! You certainly know how to build up tension, I can't wait for the updates!

Art of War

Dominic NY18

November 24, 2008, 10:39:25 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
*Update*

Entry 10 and 11 added.

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 10:48:44 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
The Ambush scene will be amazing! You really know how to build suspense and yet lend a realistic tone!

Art of War

Dominic NY18

November 24, 2008, 11:26:59 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Added the ambush scene (Entry 12). I hope it's okay.

I also fixed up quite a few errors in some of the previous entries.

LastingDawn

November 24, 2008, 11:49:15 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Excellent work, Dominic! I am glad to see how well this first installment turned out! I never expected less of you!

Art of War

Dominic NY18

December 02, 2008, 02:29:12 pm #11 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 04:41:44 pm by Dominic NY18
I must apologize for the lack of updates. I've been busy with writing papers, running errands, and visiting a friend who's on leave from the Marines, so I haven't really had the chance to work on much of anything. I'll try to get cracking again within the next few days.

LastingDawn

December 02, 2008, 02:42:37 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha! We have plenty of time Dominic, in the latest beta I have included these current notes in, just don't push yourself.

Art of War

Dominic NY18

December 13, 2008, 01:25:40 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Sorry for the hiatus. But now with the specter of "research paper" gone, I can get more stuff done. Anyways...

*Update*

Entry 13 and 14. 14 ended up being longer than I thought it would be though. I'm a little iffy about it, so any feedback would be great.

Archael

December 13, 2008, 04:04:58 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
hehe the specter of research paper! I hate that thing

gl hf looking forward to more text from you Dom

^ ^

LastingDawn

December 15, 2008, 08:01:14 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Excellent work Dominic! Most of the "Price of Nobility" part must have been rather hard to work with, granted I give very little information on it, but you've done an admirable job! The setup of Female Cadet and Badum is done quite well, they appear as those setting off from the casual way of things, the Elidibs entries show Badum as a revolutionary thus far, this should be an interesting focal point later on, since not every two gil Mage knows about Elidibs book. Hmm... Oh if only we could open the story books, I wouldn't mind adding a bit more to such things. Eh well, great work! So far the Price of Nobility chapter is shaping up quite well for character development! Which this is probably the best time for, after all, with Ramza off and abroad.

Art of War

Dominic NY18

December 16, 2008, 04:33:37 pm #16 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 04:41:58 pm by Dominic NY18
*Update*

Added Entry 15 and did a little clean up on some previous entries (try to find out the pejorative I added to one of the entries). I also edited my initial post, since I think Chapter 1 should be finished with this update.

LastingDawn

December 16, 2008, 04:40:50 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... I honestly am unable to find the change... but that completes Chapter 1! As always, wonderful job Dominic, I'll post the outline for Chapter 2, in a couple of days.

Art of War

Dominic NY18

December 24, 2008, 03:11:29 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
I almost forgot. The little change was the addition of one of the greatest insults I've ever seen. Which is whoreson...

LastingDawn

December 24, 2008, 03:23:20 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, don't worry. That made it in, Memoir's chapter 1-3 are input into the game, perfectly. Curiously enough they seem much longer in the game for some reason, hehe.

Art of War