Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pages: [1]
ibostyle11 [Posts: 18]
  • View Profile
  • [July 05, 2019, 12:08:56 AM]
My War of the Lions remaster *shrug*
« on: July 05, 2019, 12:08:56 AM »
I totally forgot to give my completed War of the Lions remaster to the FFHacktics community. Not that anyone actually cares...

But here goes anyways!

First thanks again to all those that created the means and tutorials for modifying one of my favorite games. I truly appreciate it. Had a great deal of entertainment just doing the balancing and whatnot, let alone playing the changes. Interesting enough, I've found that a lot of my ideas were already utilized by others, like in the Ivalice Reborn mod. But I DO believe I've managed to introduce some new concepts and attacks.

All the monsters have been changed up to have a very specific theme. For example, behemoths are extra tanky with defense/arcane defense up. Bombs have lifefont. Goblins have mana shield and manafont, making them very annoying to deal with. ETC ETC

I also rebalanced the items so that none are ridiculously strong/weak anymore. Each type of weapon will still have a use for various reasons. I also altered all the battles so that each chapter will have growing synergy from enemies and their abilities. The lucavi battles should be especially fulfilling, as they now have global attacks and variety an how they can beat you.

Here's a list of what I've put together job-wise for those who want to see, rather than learning through in game exploration...

Jobs

But where should I upload it for those that'd like to try it?
BleuVII [Posts: 91]
  • View Profile
  • [July 05, 2019, 09:09:41 PM]
Re: My War of the Lions remaster *shrug*
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 09:09:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing. How did you do this?

Focus - MA+1 after charge time

It's one of the few things I wanted to do with my hack that I couldn't.
  • View Profile
  • [July 05, 2019, 09:22:34 PM]
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 09:22:34 PM »
I used the bard's magical refrain ability.

I kept the damage formula as 1C, since it's hard coded, but changed the parameters to match accumulate. 👍
The Puppet ---Master---
Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4261]
  • View Profile
  • Youtube Channel
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
  • [July 05, 2019, 11:12:51 PM]
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 11:12:51 PM »
This is being moved to New Project Ideas until a actual patch is uploaded. As per the rules of Works In Progress.

• Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    • View Profile
    • [July 06, 2019, 06:15:18 PM]
    « Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 06:15:18 PM »
    This is being moved to New Project Ideas until a actual patch is uploaded. As per the rules of Works In Progress.

Hi Elric, what's the preferred site for upload?
    Nyzer [Posts: 1102]
    • View Profile
    • [July 06, 2019, 07:37:31 PM]
    « Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 07:37:31 PM »
    Have you looked at any other patches? The .ppfs are just attached to the post.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [July 06, 2019, 09:52:12 PM]
    « Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 09:52:12 PM »
    Hi Elric, what's the preferred site for upload?

This site

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

• View Profile
    • [July 08, 2019, 01:40:35 AM]
    « Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 01:40:35 AM »
    Have you looked at any other patches? The .ppfs are just attached to the post.

I looked at a bunch actually, but didn't see anything specific about ppfs. Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at?
    I've done some searching and seen that I'll need to use ppf studios. Got that but ran into a problem of it saying that the original file and my mod are different sizes. Read something about using a hex editor, but getting that on my laptop isn't an option.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to work around this? Thanks again!
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [July 08, 2019, 02:06:33 AM]
    « Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 02:06:33 AM »
    Edit your first post (not quick edit) and under the white box for your text you will see `Attachments and other options`

• View Profile
    • [July 15, 2019, 06:40:17 PM]
    « Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 06:40:17 PM »
    Edit your first post (not quick edit) and under the white box for your text you will see `Attachments and other options`

Yeah, I got that. I just can't seem to get the original copy size to match the mod version's size in order to make the ppf...
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [July 15, 2019, 11:30:12 PM]
    « Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 11:30:12 PM »
    Than that has nothing to do with where to upload it. We would never allow you to upload or link to a full rom
     So you will need to figure that out first.

Bonesy [Posts: 138]
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/rwbonesy/
    • [July 16, 2019, 02:01:48 AM]
    « Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 02:01:48 AM »
    I guess make a PPF or XDelta and upload it to say Dropbox?
    • View Profile
    • [July 16, 2019, 04:27:21 AM]
    « Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 04:27:21 AM »
    It doesn't sound like the problem is all that difficult to overcome. You just have to pad the original ISO with 00 bytes until you hit the right size, from what I'm reading. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to get a hex editor on your laptop, unless it wasn't your laptop, or something. But if that's a requirement for your patch to work... well, there's no other way around it.

I guess you could upload the Patcher/Tactext files and sprites instead and just get other people to apply them all? But that's super inconvenient.

There's nothing else to be done, though. We don't even privately provide the ISOs directly to each other within closed modding groups for testing purposes (as I should know, having been recently shamed for this); it's definitely not going to be allowed in a public post.
    « Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:41:01 PM by Nyzer »
  • ibostyle11 [Posts: 18]
    • View Profile
    • [July 16, 2019, 06:49:44 PM]
    « Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 06:49:44 PM »
    Yeah, I'm working on figuring it out as it stands. Much prefer to work it out myself than inconveniencing others with doing it.

I've been doing this from my work laptop (because I loaned out my personal laptop to a college friend). Didn't want to install anything onto the work laptop. Found a hex editor that I can run direct though.

Only question left is which size to mirror as I'm padding the original with 00s. Bringing up the properties of the original file show a "Size" and a "Size on disk" which aren't the same number of bytes. Does it matter to ppf-o-matic if it's exactly the same, or does it just need to be the same number of Mb/Kb?
    • View Profile
    • [July 16, 2019, 07:17:05 PM]
    « Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 07:17:05 PM »
    No idea. Try padding to the lower size first and then upping it after if necessary.

• ibostyle11 [Posts: 18]
    • View Profile
    • [July 16, 2019, 09:08:14 PM]
    « Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 09:08:14 PM »
    I'm an asshat...

I would find Xilfanie's tutorial after asking that question, even though I DID look at tutorials on resizing the original.
    Managed to get it to run in PPFstudio. Hopefully this came out right. *Crosses fingers*

edit - Is the ppf created file supposed to be even bigger the modified file? The file I ended up creating is over 400MB, so it's not possible to attach it to the original post...
    « Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:30:43 PM by ibostyle11 »
    Pages: [1]