Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Leonarth's FFTA Randomizer  (Read 901 times)
Pages: 1 [2]
Leonarth [Posts: 90]
  • View Profile
  • [February 10, 2019, 12:46:06 PM]
Re: Leonarth's FFTA Randomizer
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »
Any way to make this compatible with 32 bit systems?

I'm new to this, it took me a while but I think I got it?
Try redownloading and running it, same link.
  • View Profile
  • [February 11, 2019, 03:33:04 PM]
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
apparently attacking with a height difference is an unplanned case.
I think this might be fixed now? I think this was a case of me misscounting, the math is pretty weird on this and I'm not good with numbers so it might take a while to get it right. If you see some weapon using the wrong animation, either one for a different type of weapon or one that doesn't look right for the height then that's my fault probably.
Essentially, there are 6 animations for every weapon, two for attacking two heights or more above you, two for neutral height and two for lower, one being the front and one the back for each.
I think I misscounted and I left the sword's higher animation out of the new ones, I made them, they just aren't used right now, because it's the first weapon animation.
Anyway, point is this should be fixed in the new update.

I have a black mage with ignore height who fails to spawn any blue movement tiles when he attempts to move, rendering him immobile.
It's not the first time I get this complaint, I have been trying for days and I just can't replicate it, it works perfectly fine for me. Can you give me more details?
Diedrik [Posts: 38]
  • View Profile
  • [February 11, 2019, 05:01:01 PM]
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
The stat change from Ignore Height on my 3 human characters:
Black Mage  2 to 0
Soldier        2 to 8
White Mage 2 to 6

Second battle he was in, my black mage could now move, the Soldier could not. I tried restarting the same battle, but with placed the units in a different order, and in different places, same result. The more I have tested the less theories I have.
  • View Profile
  • [February 11, 2019, 05:45:36 PM]
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 05:45:36 PM »
Ignore Height should NOT change the jump stat so there's something going wrong there.
Diedrik [Posts: 38]
  • View Profile
  • [February 11, 2019, 06:17:43 PM]
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 06:17:43 PM »
Yeah, every person I have tested it on in the randomizer has had it affect their jump stat for some reason, hopefully that hint helps you figure it out, I will try to get a bangaa to test it in a non-randomized game.

Edit: Still no Bangaa Gladiator yet, but I just saw a human soldier learn SwarmStrike in non-rando, which is unexpected, I thought that was a Viera only ability in vanilla.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 06:44:06 PM by Diedrik »
    • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Leonarth [Posts: 90]
    • View Profile
    • [February 11, 2019, 07:00:43 PM]
    « Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:43 PM »
    I updated the base patch, I think I fixed Ignore Height? It's hard to tell since I can't replicate the can't move effect.

but I just saw a human soldier learn SwarmStrike in non-rando
    Yeah, there's clearly something going wrong there.
    Pages: 1 [2]