Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

Auto-SCC Patch  (Read 1616 times)
Pages: [1]
Glain [Posts: 487]
  • View Profile
  • [September 07, 2018, 11:25:01 PM]
Auto-SCC Patch
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:25:01 PM »
This patch makes the game a Straight Character Challenge (SCC) immediately from the start of the game.  In the opening sequence, the player chooses an initial job.  Your starting characters are automatically in that job (and will have appropriate equipment).  You even start the opening battle with Ramza as the SCC job.

This eliminates the tedium of unlocking the job you want to play as, but also forces the player into that job earlier than normal.

At the start of the game, there's a job to select...

Looks like we're starting in the Geomancer Academy.

Since you only have access to your chosen job, there's no need to see all kinds of other jobs in the job list...

And, well... you can't change jobs.  This is an SCC.

Also, the only selectable abilities are the ones from your job.

The soldier office appears to now be the Geomancer Office.

Note: Soldier office prices will vary based on whatever equipment is rolled for the unit!  The calculation for the hiring price is actually 1000 + (Equipment Cost).  Since equipment can vary, the price will read 1000 until either Male Fighter or Female Fighter is selected (and the equipment is determined), at which point the price will update with an increased value.

Characters will still join the party as normal... but will be in the SCC job, and cannot be changed out of it.  This applies to special characters as well as generics!  Monsters can join the party, but will not create eggs and cannot be fielded in battles.

Level caps are automatically enforced, and use the standard:
    Chapter 1: 20
    Chapter 2: 35
    Chapter 3: 50
    Chapter 4: 70 (Before Orbonne)
This means you actually don't have to worry about a unit going over the level limit because they just won't be able to level if they would normally have done so.

Abilities to be learned from crystals only include abilities for your job.
Invited units will not join the party at the end of the battle, but their equipment will silently be added to your inventory (much like what happens with a dismissed unit).

This patch uses the "Random unit equipment more selective" ASM patch, and modifies the levels of some equipment so that the AI will, in general, have access to more varied equipment but not equipment that's obsolete.

There are also a few scattered changes:
    Gafgarion at Zirekile doesn't load from the party
    Rubber Shoes become available in Chapter 3
    "Defeat Dycedarg!" at Igros Chapter 4

In addition to employing its own extensive ASM changes, this patch also makes use of the following ASMs:
    Random unit equipment more selective
    Fix Reraise Graphic Width
    Start button skips events, effects, battle and event text, etc.
    JP scroll glitch actual fix (Disable paging on confirm menu)
    Unit slots backfilled when unit is removed from party
    Speed up text crawls
    Switch unit number with L1 and R1 buttons (formation)
    Equipment duplication glitch fixes
    Level down fix
    Crits always deal bonus damage

This patch is actually completed, as far as I'm aware!  The PPF is attached.  I've played through on console without issue.
Feedback is welcome!
The Puppet ---Master---
Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4065]
  • View Profile
  • Youtube Channel
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
  • [September 08, 2018, 12:40:57 AM]
Re: Auto-SCC Patch
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:40:57 AM »
Wow! Thats really cool, man. I cant offer much feedback as I'm a bit too whimpy for a SSC, but I will make a News post for this later tonight so more people take notice of it.

Well done!

• Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4065]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [September 09, 2018, 04:09:40 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »
    Moving this to completed patches.

• Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    Wingale [Posts: 3]
    • View Profile
    • [October 21, 2018, 02:54:33 AM]
    « Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 02:54:33 AM »
    Hello! So I tried this mod last night and I started with Samurai, but apparently none of my unit comes with a weapon. Also none of the starting city have any katana (Just finished Rat Cellar battle), and new soldier also didnt come with any weapon.

So do I have to punch (literally) my way out of chapter 1 and proceed until katana available on the shop (midway chapter 2 iirc) or is this a bug?
    Glain [Posts: 487]
    • View Profile
    • [October 21, 2018, 06:25:24 PM]
    « Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 06:25:24 PM »
    That's as expected, and standard fare for certain SCCs.  The first katana doesn't become available until Chapter 2, as always.  On the bright side, you should be able to punch decently hard since Samurai have good PA.  I think high Brave will also help you do more punching damage.  You can also rely somewhat on Guests (who have no class restrictions) in the early game.
    Wingale [Posts: 3]
    • View Profile
    • [October 22, 2018, 04:43:23 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 04:43:23 AM »
    Thanks for the clarification, I will try to go through chapter 1. Blade grasp and chemist Delita should actually be enough for me to beat it.
    Ram [Posts: 16]
    • View Profile
    • [December 06, 2018, 03:06:02 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 03:06:02 AM »
    I just found this, fantastic stuff Glain! I'll have to try this out on console soon. I've been wanting to do more SCCs but the setup and cutscenes were always a turn off to do more. The start button skip feature sounds unbelievably awesome and is a game changer! To further enhance some of these I'll apply Hard Mode (Enemy abilities and JP bypass).

<&Angel> if WotL is your preference, 99 times out of 100, you can't be trusted to know how to use a toilet properly
    <~Xifanie> Weazel has a degree in bathroomonics
    <&Angel> everyone who wants to mod WotL exclusively is pants on head retarded
    Pages: [1]