Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Shokat [Posts: 65]
  • View Profile
  • [October 06, 2018, 02:29:23 PM]
I should rename them from now on then o.o Thanks for the feedback.

I'll be releasing a 0.9.6 soon with all the changes, it's going to be the largest patch until now. I just need to make more Enemy Formation changes because sometimes I see things like an enemy Black Mage lost all magic skills x.x
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:27:59 PM by Shokat »
    • Modding version: Other/Unknown
    • Discord username: Kuro#3991
  • Miltysbobsled [Posts: 2]
    • View Profile
    • [October 06, 2018, 04:32:58 PM]
    That's awesome. I'm really looking forward to it!! I hope when you mean soon though doesn't mean like a whole month away ahhaa. I have been wanting to play your redesign for a while now
    • View Profile
    • [October 09, 2018, 11:50:48 AM]
    It won't xD I thought it would take me one or two days but I've been few days out and I could not work on this in my free time, but I'm back.

I need to distribute the new accessories as rewards for special missions or tournaments in a different order, but I have no idea where are the addresses to edit this so I'll be searching for them. After that I will make more enemy changes and I will release.
    DeSgeretjin [Posts: 62]
    • View Profile
    • [October 11, 2018, 11:37:45 AM]
    Well the addresses in the QD tab of the data spreadsheet is for the item you get in the mission report.
    With offset 50 being the item id and offset 51 being loot type modifier.

Dunno where the addresses for items you get right after you've won your battle though.
    • View Profile
    • [October 11, 2018, 11:40:35 AM]
    So what method did you use to get more slots?

The only reason why the original rom could go over 723 was because they used duplicates.
    • View Profile
    • [October 11, 2018, 04:52:21 PM]
    I need exactly those x-x . "Congratulations on..." "You obtain: [item]" Some of them are the accessories to summon scions that I use to unlock the Neutral Skills and three of them are available after beating final boss. In my opinion too late. I'm even trying to watch RAM behaviour to find a clue but I have no idea about many things xD

Yeah, I got 70 by duplicating the last skills in the last set to be the first ones in the next set and so on.

Arts of War: ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Magick Frenzy = 01 to 09 (Final of the set)

Thievery: Magick Frenzy ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Preserve Life, Heritage = 09 to 13 (Inherits from Arts of War out of Text Editor and adds two for Moogle Thief)

To do this I had to prepare every set in your Text Editor before to edit the Hex Editor and copy paste the changes as backup to remove them if I need to use the Text Editor again.
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:06:43 PM by Shokat »
  • Madeen [Posts: 89]
    • View Profile
    • [October 11, 2018, 07:05:49 PM]
    Probably a stupid question, but if you tinker around with trinkets, wont it mess up Montblanc recruiting?  Not that I care about him :p
    • View Profile
    • [October 12, 2018, 01:30:04 PM]
    You could always add those accessories to some early missions if you don't mind having an extra set.
    Or you can move those neutral skills to some other items and make those items only accessible through certain missions.
    abaddabaon [Posts: 5]
    • View Profile
    • [October 13, 2018, 06:16:32 AM]
    Thanks for working on this mod Shokat, looks very interesting so far! Waiting for version 1.0 to give this a good play through. I was wondering if there is any way you could look into adding Leonarths' death remake mod found here http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12084.msg224652 this would be an awesome combination of mods for a challenging run :)

• View Profile
    • [October 13, 2018, 08:13:17 AM]
    Thanks for working on this mod Shokat, looks very interesting so far! Waiting for version 1.0 to give this a good play through. I was wondering if there is any way you could look into adding Leonarths' death remake mod found here http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12084.msg224652 this would be an awesome combination of mods for a challenging run :)

Wrong game.
    • View Profile
    • [October 13, 2018, 11:14:09 AM]
    Oops, wrong game XD

Yeah, I don't see another solution, I will try to bring them into not so early missions. :p After a quick check I realized it isn't so bad. In fact, the one that I most worried was Magick Frenzy and I'm happy to see the last tournament is the one rewarding Gift of the Judge. Perfect~

Next I will be fixing new ranks, levels and abilities for tournaments. Yes I'll make them harder.

Question! At what point The Last Step and Hunted (To Frimelda Recruit) are completed? These two give Earrings of the Ruga and High Seraph's Plume. I think they were pre last boss but not early, so they seem alright for those accessories to T1 Bangaa and Gria skills.

Edit: Tomorrow new patch. I hope it will be free of bugs and I didn't make a battle too strong <.< I'm not good with combinations so I don't think so, anyway IA works better with fewer but effective choices. Currently I'm editing Goug Cup.
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:21:28 PM by Shokat »
  • Shokat [Posts: 65]
    • View Profile
    • [October 16, 2018, 04:17:01 PM]
    It might be possible to make each battle or Luso dying an instant Game Over, but I don't know where to begin to search for that. Well, at least it is a good idea so I'll try it eventually.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:12:09 PM by Shokat »
  • abaddabaon [Posts: 5]
    • View Profile
    • [October 16, 2018, 06:50:05 PM]
    What hex editor do you use, I can tinker around in my spare time. I was thinking of doing what Leonarth did for his death mod and making every map a jagd for increased difficulty.
    • View Profile
    • [October 16, 2018, 08:12:42 PM]
    I use golden finger.

Edit: I wish you good luck with that and I like your new profile picture xD
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:41:10 AM by Shokat »
  • Chrone's Dome Fanatic
    Zeke_Aileron [Posts: 173]
    • View Profile
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/Zeke_Aileron/
    • [October 19, 2018, 12:37:54 AM]
    What hex editor do you use, I can tinker around in my spare time. I was thinking of doing what Leonarth did for his death mod and making every map a jagd for increased difficulty.

Tbh, i want to see this, it could be quite interesting in FFTA2's System, so good luck.

• Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606
  • abaddabaon [Posts: 5]
    • View Profile
    • [October 19, 2018, 02:10:31 AM]
    Tbh, i want to see this, it could be quite interesting in FFTA2's System, so good luck.
    I'm completely new to modding sooo don't get your hopes up :P
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:41:12 AM by abaddabaon »
  • Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]