Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Pages: 1 [2]
DeSgeretjin [Posts: 62]
  • View Profile
  • [June 18, 2018, 03:41:01 AM]
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2: Vanilla Spiced
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 03:41:01 AM »
Patch 0.985 is out.

Includes some targeting bug fixes i.e flintlock.
Experimental changes to dancer and bard.
Someoneyoudontknow [Posts: 2]
  • View Profile
  • [June 19, 2018, 08:15:13 PM]
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 08:15:13 PM »
I have been playing through this hack (In hard mode) for a while and decided to ask a few things.

First, why Aero and Water are so expensive if they are basically Blizzara? All units that can cast this spells are slow, sometimes they die before even casting the spell once (happened with a Bishop twice).

Is Cura working properly? It doesn't feel like it's scaling by 1,25. If it is working properly, isn't it a bit too weak? Using it seems like a waste of MP for a spell just slightly stronger than Cure.

How turbo-ether and megapotion work? You don't really explain what it does, and since it has uses I'm slightly confused.

Last thing, what are the current growths?

(Sorry if my grammar isn't good, English isn't my native language)
MountainDew~ [Posts: 89]
  • View Profile
  • [June 19, 2018, 09:30:25 PM]
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 09:30:25 PM »
I think Turbo Ether is just an item only available to alchemists, as when I used it, I didn't have another use available. I assume it's the same for Mega Potion?

I agree with the Cure/Cura thing. Very underwhelmed with amount healed for twice the MP, I mostly just stick to items now. Item lore on Alchemist is a 200hp single target heal for pennies and suffices for almost every fight I've gotten into so far. (not including the Zingu Pearl story quest, I had a hard time getting through that with a hasted Item Lore Seeq Ranger, which isn't supposed to be possible.)

Spoilers is my Luso with those skills I mentioned, but I haven't updated my patch just yet either. Can use high magic without the job unlocked, has the skills somehow. Not sure if that's of any use to you, DeSgeretjin.  (warning, screenshots are huge, it's just a direct screenshot from my phone.)

Roundhouse use weapon elements and damage so can potentially be a lot stronger. You do also get white monks at the start unlike fighters being a locked behind ability and quest requirements. Maybe I'll add knock-back and see how well that works, and give whirl burst more effect. Any suggestions?
Well, that's fair, I was using Wide Swing with Gladiator and a White Monk sub-skill set on a Bangaa, wasn't considering the Fighter. I think that it's fine how it is, especially since Seeq 'Zerkers need something different from the rest with Furore.

The skills under "High Magic"

Job Selection Screen
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:03:47 PM by MountainDew~ »
    • Modding version: Other/Unknown
    • Discord username: Holographic #1363
  • Someoneyoudontknow [Posts: 2]
    • View Profile
    • [June 20, 2018, 12:01:16 AM]
    « Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 12:01:16 AM »
    Soldiers have been learning High Magick on my game too (just water tho)
    • View Profile
    • [June 20, 2018, 10:33:21 AM]
    « Reply #24 on: June 20, 2018, 10:33:21 AM »
    Patch 0.986 is out.

Some mp adjustments made.
    Tier 1 spells can be cast every turn with some mp left over.
    tier 2 spells every 2 turns and tier 3 every 3 turns.
    Mp also adjusted for some skills.

Cura is stronger.

Raptors loses bulwark and gain thunder flare.

Some bug fixes to chocobos and Raptors whirlwind.

Experimental fix to Soldiers learning some high magick.
    MountainDew~ [Posts: 89]
    • View Profile
    • [June 21, 2018, 03:50:16 AM]
    « Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 03:50:16 AM »
    Damn, you crank these out quick.
    Baron Samedi [Posts: 11]
    • View Profile
    • [July 04, 2018, 05:22:22 AM]
    « Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 05:22:22 AM »
    This hack looks great as a vanilla+ style of hack, I look forward to giving it a try in the next few weeks.

As someone who's in the early design phases of an A2 hack themselves, I have a technical question. I noticed in the Thief's skill section, you listed the skill Sneak, which gives invisibility and evasion+. Have you tested this skill to ensure it works properly, and if you have, how did you format the skill?

I ask because in my own experiments with the ability editor, I was unable to add the invisibility effect to any skill that didn't already have it in vanilla. So for example, if I were to add the invisibility effect targeting self to a random Thief skill, it would only half-work in game. The small 'invisible' text prompt would appear over the user's head as with any invisibility skill in the game, but they remained visible on the screen and were still targeted by enemies. I'm curious as to how you got that effect to stick.

Thanks in advance for any help, good luck with the hack!

• Who Do You Voodoo, Bitch?
    • View Profile
    • [July 04, 2018, 02:50:14 PM]
    « Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »
    Some spell effects are actually tied to animation data.
    You would find that in the 14th byte of animation data for invis skill is 0E.
    https://imgur.com/a/JDYTCrS

Also I was running out of skill space so I just reused Vanish.
    Sneak doesn't exist anymore.
    Baron Samedi [Posts: 11]
    • View Profile
    • [July 09, 2018, 01:48:07 AM]
    « Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 01:48:07 AM »
    Some spell effects are actually tied to animation data.
    You would find that in the 14th byte of animation data for invis skill is 0E.
    https://imgur.com/a/JDYTCrS

Also I was running out of skill space so I just reused Vanish.
    Sneak doesn't exist anymore.

Ah, that makes perfect sense, I wouldn't have thought it was associated with the animation data. Thanks for the help!

• Who Do You Voodoo, Bitch?
    PuoluMasto [Posts: 1]
    • View Profile
    • [August 12, 2018, 09:11:57 AM]
    « Reply #29 on: August 12, 2018, 09:11:57 AM »
    Been trying out this mod on hard mode as well. Just having problems with my assassin who can't equip guns for some reason even though some skills of the assassin are tied to them. When I try to equip them it just says the usual "units with this job cannot equip this item". Any reason for this? (Sorry for stubby english).
    • View Profile
    • [August 12, 2018, 09:42:04 AM]
    « Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 09:42:04 AM »
    That's because I forgot to save some of the changes made in the old patch.

New patch is up

Notes:
    Many base stat changes.
    Most notably Paladins are a lot more durable.
    Seeq have generally stronger stats to make up for their mediocre jobs.
    Berzerkers have increased spd and move.
    Monsters and similar enemy units have their base attack set to 0 and their unarmed bonus increased to compensate, this has the effect of letting monster reach a higher attack cap. Skills has been modified to adjust to this change.

Some mana revamps.(Still experimental).

Doc Deranged [Posts: 1]
    • View Profile
    • [August 16, 2018, 07:53:16 PM]
    « Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
    Enjoying the mod a lot so far, I really feel like I found the right one for me.

Got some extra info about the bug with Soldiers and Warriors gaining unintended support abilities if you don't already have it.
    Soldiers are learning "Halve MP" from Barong, and Warriors are getting it from the Samson Sword. Warriors are getting "Impervious" from the Falchion. I'm not far enough yet to discover if there's more than that though.

I was really excited at first when I thought Luso had innate Halve MP so I started building him as a Keeper/Seer, until I realized it was just a bug. Still going to build him that way and resist the temptation of Halve MP and see how it goes!

General balance seems good so far. I can't just breeze through quests anymore and have had some very challenging missions due to being underleveled. My Tinkerer is the only thing that keeps me afloat...those battles against other Auction House contenders are really challenging early on! I actually had to plan a strategy against Graszton Seaways (who challenged me even though I didn't get 1st place in the auction?) so I'm looking forward to what's ahead. Archer seems underwhelming so far, but maybe I'm just spoiled by how fun they were in Clan's Journey. Pretty much only keeping him around for Hunting later on.

I'm excited about trying out Doublecast on Seers and Magick Frenzy on Red Mages, I think that's a great balance change to fix all the dumb stuff without removing those cool abilities completely. One complaint is that speed battles might be even more broken than they are in vanilla or other mods. In the first one "Veis, Assassin" against house Bowen, they took it to HP critical in about 3 attacks, and all I had to do was snipe the kill on my first real turn. The assassin never had the chance to do anything! "Wow, you really showed your stuff out there, going invisible and all that." It seems in general that enemies' equipment scales pretty rapidly, much more quickly than monster stats (at least in the early game).
    • View Profile
    • [August 17, 2018, 12:41:25 PM]
    « Reply #32 on: August 17, 2018, 12:41:25 PM »
    Great to hear the feedback.

I actually have a fair idea on the support ability bug, just haven't gotten round to fixing it yet.

Hume's gets access to Halve mp anyway.

Dunno why you'd like archers in clan's journey and not this, they'd have basically the same skills.

There's really not much to do for speed battles due to AI limitations.
    Pages: 1 [2]