Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Monster abilities on humans  (Read 152 times)
Pages: [1]
Do you even OCD bruh?
Quillbeatssword [Posts: 49]
  • View Profile
  • Quillbeatssword
  • [February 02, 2018, 03:39:21 AM]
Monster abilities on humans
« on: February 02, 2018, 03:39:21 AM »
So I added a bunch of monster abilities to the unused skillset #50 including triple breath, leaf dance, wave around, thundersoul etc. I filled the skillset and everything seems to work without glitches
Thought I'd mention this because I've seen it mentioned around that monster abilities look buggy on humans.

• Modding version: PSX
  • I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.
    Nyzer [Posts: 768]
    • View Profile
    • [February 02, 2018, 06:18:20 AM]
    Re: Monster abilities on humans
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 06:18:20 AM »
    They're not always set to animations that match standard spell casting on humans. And from my experience with event editing (and having early attempts reviewed by far more experienced eventers) I can say it's easy to miss something that sticks out like a sore thumb to others if you're not quite sure what to look for.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Do you even OCD bruh?
    Quillbeatssword [Posts: 49]
    • View Profile
    • Quillbeatssword
    • [February 02, 2018, 04:54:26 PM]
    Re: Monster abilities on humans
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 04:54:26 PM »
    What I did was used 1ability from every monster family.
    So one Chocobo ability
    One cat ability
    One bomb ability etc.
    Conveniently there are just enough still slots to use 1 ability from every beast type ;)
    I mean some of the cast animations look silly but I was expecting the sprite to fall apart from what people had been saying.
    The end result was in fact a very usable job that doesn't have any serious hiccup in animation. I'll try to post a video or something or you can check it out when I release the beta for the patch sometime today hopefully.

• Modding version: PSX
  • I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.
    Pages: [1]