Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Necromancer Job  (Read 1142 times)
Pages: [1]
mpelos [Posts: 2]
  • View Profile
  • [March 17, 2017, 01:55:33 PM]
Necromancer Job
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:55:33 PM »
I very interested in creating a Necromancer job in FFT, so I downloaded and started to use FFTPatcher but I have several issues.

First things first, the abilities for necromancer I want to create are:

I'm starting with Raise Dead and my questions are:

• as far I understand, it is only possible to hit dead units when the skill cancels the dead status, is that right?
  • Is it possible to a skill cancels the dead status and add Zombie status?
Emmy [Posts: 231]
  • View Profile
  • [March 17, 2017, 02:09:09 PM]
Re: Necromancer Job
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 02:09:09 PM »
1. The skill must heal hp to be able to cancel dead and have everything working 100%.  Here is a formula I use for a skill that cancels dead and a few other statuses, and can be used on something whether alive or dead:

2.  Currently not possible but sounds interesting enough for me to work on it.  Stay tuned! :)

**EDIT** Sorry, this is a lot harder than I initially thought it would be to make.  My first 8 or so attempts to code it failed. :(  It might still be doable, but not through any easy methods. :(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:45:21 PM by Emmy »
    • Modding version: PSX
  • Emmy [Posts: 231]
    • View Profile
    • [March 21, 2017, 05:51:09 AM]
    « Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:51:09 AM »
    Got a working formula for this!  :)  Because the only way I was able to figure out how to do it meant coding the formula to hit twice, it has a few oddities.  For example, it'll work as a spell with 2 attempts to inflict the 2nd status on a unit that doesn't have the first one to cancel.  Or if the first attempt to cancel status 1 fails, it'll try to cancel status 1 again.  If this is undesired, sorry. :( 

mpelos [Posts: 2]
    • View Profile
    • [March 24, 2017, 12:50:45 AM]
    « Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 12:50:45 AM »
    Wow, this is very nice. If I understand, the ability occurs twice, the first cancel the dead status and the second applies the zombie effect, is that correct?
    Emmy [Posts: 231]
    • View Profile
    • [March 24, 2017, 01:34:42 AM]
    « Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 01:34:42 AM »
    Yes.  The formula is coded to hit twice, ignoring the first part of the formula if it's invalid, and not doing the 2nd part of it if the first part is valid. What happens if everything hits is it'll cancel dead on hit 1, apply zombie on hit 2 (assuming you set up the statuses correctly).  If the attempt to cancel dead misses, it'll attempt a 2nd time to cancel dead and not attempt to inflict zombie.  If the unit is already alive, it'll attempt to inflict zombie twice.
    scorpiova [Posts: 61]
    • View Profile
    • [April 23, 2017, 04:31:09 PM]
    « Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
    Hey there,

I am also building a Necromancer class. If I apply your patch above to my game - will the new formula show up in fftpatcher? Just wondering how I would apply it to a skill to work in-game.

Oh - I think I understand now. It replaces one of the formula's which will then be accessible in fftpatcher?

My current skillset is below - i will add a skill to replace as "undead"

EDIT: Does anyone know which boxes in the ability that I need to check to make this work?
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:17:57 PM by scorpiova »
    • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • bizenboat [Posts: 11]
    • View Profile
    • [October 22, 2019, 12:00:27 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 12:00:27 AM »
    Hello!

I'm finally getting into modding this game, and I'm trying to do the same thing as the OP here. I'm trying to use Emmy's patch, but I'm having trouble understanding the usage.

I applied the patch. I can get the spell to animate twice, and the raise / cancel dead part works. I can't figure out how how to use X and Y to cause a second status though. Can anyone translate for me?

"X and Y correspond to the status inflicted on the 2nd hit of the move. X = 27 for status group 1, 28 for status group 2, etc. Y = the statuses on the byte you want to be able to inflict on hit 2."

What is status group 1 and status group 2? What does "the statuses on the byte" mean? Can I cause more than one status with this patch? I can't find documentation that makes this clear to me. Also, I can't use letters in the X and Y fields so that implies I don't need to enter hex... unless I need to bypass FFTPatcher.
    bizenboat [Posts: 11]
    • View Profile
    • [October 22, 2019, 12:45:25 AM]
    « Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 12:45:25 AM »
    Nevermind, I figured it out. To inflict Undead, X = 27, Y = 16

The table I needed was here: http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Battle_Stats

Thanks for the help, me.

Pages: [1]