Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Ashiel [Posts: 26]
  • View Profile
  • [August 25, 2016, 07:22:01 AM]
Re: Emmy's ASM thread (better stuff for monsters!)
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2016, 07:22:01 AM »
Tactext sucks. Use Xif's FFT Text Editor.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11204.0
I'll try it! Unfortunately, if it won't run in OpenOffice I'm just SOL. :P
Emmy [Posts: 231]
  • View Profile
  • [September 18, 2016, 08:22:25 PM]
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 08:22:25 PM »
If you want to use both the 2x damage in critical and the +50% damage vs. haste/reraise units supports, patch both of these instead of what is in the original post:

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by the 2 hacks being incompatible with each other. :(
  • View Profile
  • [October 29, 2016, 07:03:07 PM]
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 07:03:07 PM »
I'm not sure what the best place for this is (there isn't a Maps board) so I put it on the end of my topic.  I got Military Academy to function in battle. :) This map: http://ffhacktics.com/maps.php?id=24 It isn't perfect, since it's my first time using Ganesha.  Also, I didn't add black walls to some sides so that it doesn't obstruct view too much. 

Weird angles that are screwed up in the original map but fixed here:

Balcony is also now accessible to characters with Teleport or Fly.  Railing is 9.5 high from the ground, balcony is 8 high; so a character needs those abilities.

Chapel of Orbonne fixed too! :)

Some slight visual bugs here and there (such as if a character overlaps the edge, or if you want to nitpick about places where I had to duplicate/replace blocks so that characters stand in the right spots), but otherwise playable. :)

**Edit** Also added the files that turn Dolbodar into a poison swamp map.  No other changes have been made to that map, but it could be useful if you want another poison water map. :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 01:26:23 AM by Emmy »
    • Modding version: PSX
  • Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [October 30, 2016, 02:07:02 AM]
    « Reply #43 on: October 30, 2016, 02:07:02 AM »
    These are great! I'll use that Dolbodar map for sure. Once upon a time Xifanie gave me some map files that were supposed to turn on the lights in the Deep Dungeon but they didn't work. You should consider looking into that.
    • View Profile
    • [October 30, 2016, 02:22:21 AM]
    « Reply #44 on: October 30, 2016, 02:22:21 AM »
    Just change in Attack.out to second state instead of first state. :)  You need those files too.
    • View Profile
    • [November 13, 2016, 07:17:07 PM]
    « Reply #45 on: November 13, 2016, 07:17:07 PM »
    Old thread disappeared on me randomly.  :'(  I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by it.  Hacks are re-added now though.  They are much better organized now; however are missing the old instructions I had for how to customize them, along with some of the older versions of hacks made before I wrote other ones that require both of them to work for my mod.  If anyone would like my documentation on them because you want to customize what they do, or need help in doing so, feel free to ask in this thread. :)

**Edit**  Xifanie added old post below, if you want the documentation on them.  Thank you so much :) :) :)
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:54:01 PM by Emmy »
  • Emmy [Posts: 231]
    • View Profile
    • [November 13, 2016, 07:17:39 PM]
    « Reply #46 on: November 13, 2016, 07:17:39 PM »
    Part of my goals for learning ASM is to create better stuff in general for monsters, due to relevance to my mod.  This includes r/s/m and other abilities in general.  I'm still very new at this.

Face up inflicts status:

Brave up inflicts status:

MP Restore inflicts several status effects:

Face Up functions as Counter Tackle:

Multi-Reaction Deluxe:

Passive reactions become supports:

Disables Equip X abilities/Female only equipment:

Blank reaction (01bb) given damage trigger:

Multi-reaction given damage trigger:

Ability works as Blade Grasp for the Math Skill flag:

Meatbone Slash mimics range and animation of other attack:

2 Swords penalty:

Disables Secret Hunt and Train:

Train inflicts different status:

Remove HP/MP caps:

Support ability = 2x damage in critical

Support = Unit +5 speed while in critical

Conditional Support bundle

Blank status = MP Poison

Gain XP Up = Shed Skin:

Disable Gain XP Up Slot:

Monsters can use attack:

Changes status used by Float movement:

XP Hack - Gains per action tied to speed:

Move +3 grants Undead status/various buffs:

Cannot Enter Water = innate Dead, Equip Gun = Innate Transparent

Equip Gun = Immunity to all evadable attacks:

Blank support 01e4 (under No charge) adds +25% base accuracy to hasted/reraised targets:

Blank support 01e4 (under No charge) adds +50% damage to hasted/reraised targets:

Mold Breaker (Ignores effects of several abilities):

Critical applied at 1/4:

Monsters get M-Ev:

Class M-ev:

Arcane Focus (Concentrate for Magic):

Move XP up = Move XX up

Move JP up = Move XX Up

Blank Support 01E1 (between Equip Change and Short Charge) doubles critical hit rate:

Blank ability 01e1 doubles proc rate:

Locks job wheel/equip screen for standard monsters:

Silly hardcoding removal on Skillset 8 (Charge):

Golem uses Countergrasp Flag:

Marvel Scale:

Guts:

Secret Hunt = +1 PA/MA if unit kills:

Undead always reraises/Treasure disabled:

Poison Heal:

Arrow Guard also blocks a specific formula:

Rough Skin (Passive recoil damage):

"Passive" reactions can be coded (almost) anywhere:

Disables Max Equip at Job Change:

Disables Ignore Height, Any Weather, Any Ground:

Amplify (doesn't work yet/don't use): :(

Formulas:

Relevance for these hacks in my mod is to create spells that scale better overall.  It solves the problems of attacks that are OP at lv 1 and start to become useless by mid game.  While it's still not perfect, attacks/healing retain similar amounts of relevance later into the game as they did in early game.

• View Profile
    • [November 17, 2016, 04:39:19 AM]
    « Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 04:39:19 AM »
    New formula time!  This one needs a bit of a tutorial how to use it.  It replaces formula 11 (which does nothing anyway). Credit goes to Glain for helping me fix it. Damage portion accepts evasion, elements, 19% status proc.  Patcher X and Y values are interpreted as the stat or status effect byte that you want to use, and the value you want to assign to that byte, respectively.  Convert all values to decimal (regular numbers), not hex.  For example, if you want to make the ability raise the user's MA by 1: X = 21, Y = 129.

Documentation of relevant stat/status bytes:

Examples of what is possible as effect on caster:

Increase/decrease of stat - X = stat byte, Y = effect.  Keep in mind that in order to increase stat, value must be >128 (0x80 is "bonus flag"), otherwise would decrease.
    Speed - X = 18, Y = 1 (decrease by 1), Y = 129 (increase by 1)
    CT - X = 19, Y = 255 (Quick), Y = 127 (ct 0)
    PA - X = 20, Y = 1 (decrease by 1), Y = 129 (increase by 1)
    MA - X = 21, Y = 1 (decrease by 1), Y = 129 (increase by 1)
    Br - X = 22, Y = 1 (decrease by 1), Y = 129 (increase by 1)
    Fa - X = 23, Y = 1 (decrease by 1), Y = 129 (increase by 1)

Status inflict/remove - X = effect group byte, Y = add together the statuses you want.  Unfortunately they must be on the same byte to work.  Examples:

Add Haste + Shell: X = 30, Y = 24
    Add Faith + Reflect + Charm: X = 31, Y = 162
    Remove Darkness + Silence: X = 33, Y = 40
    Remove Oil: X = 34, Y = 128

Remember to convert all hex in the documentation to decimal in the patcher x/y values!  Don't use values that don't make sense with these instructions, or confuse hex with decimal, or you might get strange bugs!  XML in first post updated with this! :)

**EDIT** 2 new formulas! :)

Psycho Shift (transfers active status effect to target at F(MA+X)%)

Foul Play (Physical attack, uses target's PA instead of caster's):

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:34:49 AM by Emmy »
    • View Profile
    • [December 03, 2016, 03:26:35 PM]
    « Reply #48 on: December 03, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »
    More new formulas!

This formula will remove any active statuses on the target and apply them to self. Accuracy is Fa(MA+x)%

This formula will steal a random item from the target.  If the target has Maintenance or is naked, it'll do MP damage instead.  It uses vanilla Geomancy routine (which with my Formula Rebalance Pack turns into (PA+Y)*MA).  Credit goes to Glain for helping me write the stealing inner routine. :)

Also it's time to get rid of Distribute.  Through a bunch of testing, I've figured out that Distribute was causing problems for many of my new reactions.  This clears up a bunch of space, fixes Distribute bugs on any of the Multi-Reaction Deluxe reactions, and clears Distribute's slot for use for something else.  Distribute's slot is not compatible with Multi-Reaction Deluxe, but it is compatible with another hack I'll post after this one:

This changes Distribute to Synchronize - if a unit is targeted with a status effect, it will react by applying all its current effects to the target.  It reacts at a Br% as usual.  Requires Disable Distribute, and this code will break Secret Hunt/Train's code.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:03:57 AM by Emmy »
  • Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [December 03, 2016, 05:01:03 PM]
    « Reply #49 on: December 03, 2016, 05:01:03 PM »
    Wow! These are great. I especially like the Status Steal formula. Can you make one without Faith?
    • View Profile
    • [December 04, 2016, 02:10:31 AM]
    « Reply #50 on: December 04, 2016, 02:10:31 AM »
    Since you didn't specify whether you want 100% or MA+X% accuracy, I provided both. :)  Copy/paste one of these in place of the larger bit of code in the hack for this formula.

MA+X%:

100%:

Hope this would work for you. :)
    • View Profile
    • [December 05, 2016, 04:42:58 AM]
    « Reply #51 on: December 05, 2016, 04:42:58 AM »
    New stuff! :)

Formula 18 = Universal stat change formula at MA+X%.  This can create any amount of bonus/penalty to PA, MA, Speed, CT, Brave, Faith, and can also be used for Quick and CT = 0. Can also be used to level up +1 or level down -1.  Directions for use in description:

This version of the same hack includes a check for an ability to grant immunity to stat penalties:

This changes Counter to be a bit more badass... :)  Counter works as normal at Weapon Range, but it works as Counter Magic functionality for the Countergrasp flag.  So for example if you flagged Earth Slash as Countergrasp, and you hit a unit with Counter, it will Earth Slash you back!

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:17:14 PM by Emmy »
    • View Profile
    • [December 13, 2016, 04:45:59 AM]
    « Reply #52 on: December 13, 2016, 04:45:59 AM »
    This is a fairly common request fulfilled. :)  Changes some of the more useless values for setting level in the entd (party +50 and up) into party level -x.  Will set lv = 1 if lv - x < 1.  This copies over the code for party lv - random, so it will now interpret that (along with party lv) as party lv, and since party lv +50 is the starting "0" point for this code, it is also interpreted as party lv.  Set levels and party +1-49 work as normal.  Thank you Glain for telling me what entries in patcher correspond to what values. :)

Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [December 17, 2016, 02:20:04 AM]
    « Reply #53 on: December 17, 2016, 02:20:04 AM »
    With your oil/undead hack work the same for innate undead creatures, regular units inflicted with Undead status, and units equipped with the Cursed Ring? Does it stack with other elemental weaknesses/immunities/absorptions or overwrite them?
    • View Profile
    • [December 17, 2016, 12:49:22 PM]
    « Reply #54 on: December 17, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »
    Works for all undead (innate/item/casting undead).  Overwrites items' effects if it has to do with Dark/Holy for undead, and Fire for oil; otherwise doesn't (so you can have an undead guy who's immune to ice for example).
    Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [December 17, 2016, 05:03:38 PM]
    « Reply #55 on: December 17, 2016, 05:03:38 PM »
    Works for all undead (innate/item/casting undead).  Overwrites items' effects if it has to do with Dark/Holy for undead, and Fire for oil; otherwise doesn't (so you can have an undead guy who's immune to ice for example).
    You put a lot of thought into this hack. Very nice.
    • View Profile
    • [April 19, 2017, 04:39:03 PM]
    « Reply #56 on: April 19, 2017, 04:39:03 PM »
    By request, posting here the Monster Tactics hack folder.  :)  This includes many updated versions of my hacks, new hacks, and modified versions of others' hacks. :)  It also includes other people's hacks, since it is what is used in MT and not just my own stuff.
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:41:04 PM by Emmy »
  • Lloyd2k4 [Posts: 5]
    • View Profile
    • [July 04, 2017, 10:10:19 PM]
    « Reply #57 on: July 04, 2017, 10:10:19 PM »
    Great hacks!  I'm personally using the MP Regen from Wall and MP Poison from blank status hack, but I'm encountering some issues with the Wall replacement.

Whenever I have a unit with the new status that was previously Wall, the character cannot be healed by any potions or anything, and that unit's turn is sometimes skipped.  I've been trying to figure out what's causing this.  I figured it's some old setting with the Wall status that I may need to tinker with (potentially in patcher?).  Does anyone have any insight?

Does the Mist/MP Poison patch have a dependency on another Wall-related hack?
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:02:35 AM by Lloyd2k4 »
    • View Profile
    • [July 05, 2017, 02:02:49 PM]
    « Reply #58 on: July 05, 2017, 02:02:49 PM »
    You have to disable wall's vanilla effect.

0x124AE2
    change 40 to 00

0x137F56
    change 80 to 00

This makes the status itself blank, but allows the CT to be used elsewhere, or you can code your own status effect if you really wanted to.

Lloyd2k4 [Posts: 5]
    • View Profile
    • [July 05, 2017, 03:42:16 PM]
    « Reply #59 on: July 05, 2017, 03:42:16 PM »
    Is that the same as the 'Wall loses all hardcoding' ASM hack?  I'm using that right now in conjunction with the MP Refresh/Poison, and I haven't encountered any issues yet.

I only ask because there doesn't appear to be an XML for that hack you just showed, unless it is literally the same as the above mentioned.
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4