Login with username, password and session length
ASM Requests  (Read 51641 times)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
aacroke [Posts: 8]
  • View Profile
  • [September 02, 2019, 06:42:43 AM]
Re: ASM Requests
« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2019, 06:42:43 AM »
Why not just export the weapon sheet in shishi, erase the rugs, and import it again?  Same basic result, no ASM needed

Using Shishi included with v0.492, there is no "weapon sheet". If you're referring to replacing the rug graphic within ITEM.BIN, this has already been done, and only affects the menus.

I'm looking to replace the actual attack animation, and I think ASM editing is far more appropriate than editing graphics for this situation. I might not know how to pore through the ASM or modify it, but I am logical enough to know that, somewhere, there's a case selection where the attacking weapon type is considered, and the appropriate animation is selected based on it; I also imagine that changing one byte somewhere (and possibly a checksum or two as a result) would be the only requirement in achieving my goal.

The rugs have been replaced with fists, much like Tifa uses. I've hijacked the vanilla gauntlets for the task, and replaced the rugs - but instead of my Brawlers punching Algus in the face, they whip out a silly carpet and lash him – and we all know his face deserves to be punched.
Victor FrankeinSprite
CONMAN [Posts: 334]
  • View Profile
  • [September 10, 2019, 08:16:13 PM]
« Reply #281 on: September 10, 2019, 08:16:13 PM »
I'm using .491 shishi and maybe I missed something but not the item sheet but the weapon sheet.  I'm sure editing this will change it.
aacroke [Posts: 8]
  • View Profile
  • [September 11, 2019, 03:41:52 AM]
« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2019, 03:41:52 AM »
Alrighty, so firstly, this is also present in 492, and I missed it completely. Thank you CONMAN, I did find it and modified WEP sufficiently. The yellow attacking effect is left behind when these weapons are attacked with – but this differentiates it from an unarmed attack, and probably other attacks share the effect (so I don't need to remove it).

Problem solved! I now have a completed mod. Time to read some important info on whether my mod qualifies and how to share it!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]