Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

ASM Requests  (Read 40666 times)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
xjamxx [Posts: 35]
  • View Profile
  • https://steamcommunity.com/id/xjamxx
  • [October 05, 2018, 07:12:05 PM]
Re: ASM Requests
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »
Request for someone to look into the Roster Hack, found HERE or to make a new Hack to allow full, normal use of the 4 extra slots normally reserved for guest, specifically for mods that have guests forced only via ENTD.

The current issues with the existing Roster Hack, from my testing, are as follows:.....

Thank you to any who consider looking into this or possibly making a new hack for it

Every time I spent my time reading FTT hacks or FFT wiki, I found  Glain's and Xifanie's work outstanding. I feel like like a baby playing with 2 bricks and thinking that if i assemble them i am a master builder, while they just built the Eiffel tower and say me: "hey, good job assembling those bricks". :cry:

Sorry about that, anyway your hack is already done by Glain. It may be not the best roster hack but it's amazing, though dangerous to use as it is, with Vanilla. You can train all msq guests in random battles, you can control them in those battles (you need to remember to put them back on their guest slot before next main event to avoid f***ing it) and after the game finish you putting guests on those space you can fill it with 4 units that you won't be using in the next battle, but can be switched if needed.. what more can we ask Glain.

All you need to do is chance 16 to 20 in this hack "Switch unit number with L1 and R1 buttons (formation)" and done. It will look like this:

• Modding version: PSX
  • <Random> This seems to be a PSX issue.
    <Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.
    Nyzer [Posts: 889]
    • View Profile
    • [October 06, 2018, 01:38:50 AM]
    « Reply #241 on: October 06, 2018, 01:38:50 AM »
    The key words there are "full, normal use". A workaround that can potentially fuck your game over isn't one that's desired.

Elric won't even let me get away with making a slightly substandard non-battle event; there's no way he'd willingly use an ASM with such a glaring flaw.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • xjamxx [Posts: 35]
    • View Profile
    • [October 06, 2018, 01:57:51 AM]
    « Reply #242 on: October 06, 2018, 01:57:51 AM »
    It can only f*** the game if the event requires an specific unit in that slot, and from what i read TLW will not put real guest in party roster, until they fully join.

So the 4 slot are like a storage for units you put them there and take them out if you need them, they wont appear on battle formation, but to that case you can change jobs nor equipment in battle formation either. yet its a limitation of 16 units to choose in battle formation while having 4 in cold storage.   

<Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4065]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [October 06, 2018, 04:07:30 AM]
    « Reply #243 on: October 06, 2018, 04:07:30 AM »
    It can only f*** the game if the event requires an specific unit in that slot, and from what i read TLW will not put real guest in party roster, until they fully join.

So the 4 slot are like a storage for units you put them there and take them out if you need them, they wont appear on battle formation, but to that case you can change jobs nor equipment in battle formation either. yet its a limitation of 16 units to choose in battle formation while having 4 in cold storage.   

TLW doesnt have formation guests, this is correct, but it does use hacks that allow guests to be used in normal battle, since its tied to the unit restriction hack.

Being that this is a base patch for others to build their mods upon, Id rather not do anything that would potentially mess anything up.

As Nyzer said (and knows far too well with the years we've worked together) I couldnt be okay substituting one hack with another that required work arounds and planning to have it act as intended.

I'd prefer to wait until a dedicated Roster Hack is made

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    • View Profile
    • [October 07, 2018, 05:49:32 PM]
    « Reply #244 on: October 07, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »
    I won't say anything about that to avoid wasting time. Still i am committed to help you.
    Let's go back to the draw board again:
    - While it doesn't show 'GUEST' on people in standard formation, it DOES still show this in Battle Formation, as well as in Battle, which it should only show on ENTD forced Guests.
    - When used in battle, units from those last 4 slots act as guests and cannot be controlled.
    This doesn't happen to me, there is no 'GUEST' in battle nor battle formation, plus they can be controlled. Are you sure you are not overwriting the roster patch or using an old version?
    - When tested with Generics in the last 4 slots, after battle, 3 of the 4 were removed.
    - When tested using Rafa and Malak in the first 2 of the last 4 slots, they had prompt to invite them again after each battle.
    This issue was discussed by Glain, Pokeytax, and Raven. You need to tweak END flags. I just used what they said to fix that (still it need more testing).
    - Units in these last 4 slots cannot be removed (they don't show up in the list) if you have a full roster upon a join up and are prompted to remove a unit.
    I believe it is fixed, still haven't tested, I would need a psx savestate to test this.

WOOT TACTICS
    Greenhorn [Posts: 3]
    • View Profile
    • [October 08, 2018, 12:26:42 AM]
    « Reply #245 on: October 08, 2018, 12:26:42 AM »
    Zodiac causing instant crystal kill?

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
    • Discord username: greenhornX_X
  • French Maid
    Xifanie (Webmistress) [Posts: 4398]
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xifanie
    • [October 08, 2018, 12:49:16 AM]
    « Reply #246 on: October 08, 2018, 12:49:16 AM »
    FFTPatcher
    Set Zodiac's formula to 100% hit or whatever you want, just make sure it's not NS (No Status)
    Set the inflicted status to crystal.

You should probably play around more with the tools, you should be inspired by all the possibilities instead of asking an ASM about one of the most simple things that can be accomplish with FFTPatcher alone.

• <R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
    <Raijinili> remember that? it was awful
    • View Profile
    • [October 08, 2018, 05:24:39 PM]
    « Reply #247 on: October 08, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
    Fearing that Elric would never reply, i will try to clear some issues with the unknown TLW project, plus this way i can be near to one of her posts :roll:, sorry that was unnecessary.

TLW ... does use hacks that allow guests to be used in normal battle, since its tied to the unit restriction hack.
    If that hack refers to this: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=953.msg208303#msg208303, then as Xifanie already wrote: there "is an option to make them uncontrollable in said random battles", plus the "hack is (hopefully) bug-free in vanilla, as I already configured all guest restrictions".
    To put it simple the original roster hack or the v2 are not 100% compatible with Xifanie's hack, cuz while roster hack tries to erase guest features at all, Xifanie's tries to save them (or smt like that).

What now then?, i suppose that you (Elric) didn't use the .xml version, but the spreadsheet instead to insert your additions, am i right?
    What i need? some sort of explanation of what are you trying to do or achieve with Xifanie's hack and the .xml file generated (you can pm them) to adapt it or the roster hack so you can use both...

With the information provided that's all i can do.  ;)

UPDATE: ok, good to know i already did. Since my mobo died 5 months ago (new one doesnt boot well with 7), i haven't reinstall most of the apps windows use (yeah its quite lazy), which includes the entire office, so i haven't tried a single spreadsheet, just only view their contents (so i was unsure what they did). ;)
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:46:00 PM by xjamxx »
    French Maid
    Xifanie (Webmistress) [Posts: 4398]
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xifanie
    • [October 08, 2018, 06:34:24 PM]
    « Reply #248 on: October 08, 2018, 06:34:24 PM »
    The .xml is generated from the spreadsheet. The code doesn't change no matter what is changed in the table... I don't know where you would get that idea. Nothing is hardcoded. You can just download the .xml in the topic itself.

• <R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
    <Raijinili> remember that? it was awful
    • View Profile
    • [October 08, 2018, 10:02:27 PM]
    « Reply #249 on: October 08, 2018, 10:02:27 PM »
    Ok, that really went long. I found some bugs in another of my patches i was breeding 19 chocos with lvl cap 35 but with maxed stats.

Anyway, you can try both patches (it doesn't matter which is first), but remove from xifanie's hack the scus section:
    Cuz it goes over control flags and since you want full control just don't use it.

UPDATE:
    I made some more patches to be able to use the roster hack with vanilla (full set attached), It may look long, but it is just ENTD touches (with comments to easy edit) Check glain's asm thread, my last post.
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:23:13 AM by xjamxx »
    Huh?
    Reikan [Posts: 8]
    • View Profile
    • [November 01, 2018, 04:21:08 AM]
    « Reply #250 on: November 01, 2018, 04:21:08 AM »
    Hello.

I want a formula to build a Faith-based melee spellcaster (Kinda like Beowulf except with some damaging skills instead of pure CC). My suggestion is to take slot 18 and make a formula like:

DMG_F(PA*(WP+Y))  Hit_F(PA+X)%

(This way, both the DMG and chance of hit would be dependant on Faith, a thing that no PA/WP formulas have as far as I know)

I know nothing about ASM but I have free time to learn, if anyone wants to give me some light.

Thanks in advance.  :mrgreen:

• Life... slips away.
    • View Profile
    • [November 01, 2018, 01:22:42 PM]
    « Reply #251 on: November 01, 2018, 01:22:42 PM »
    I didn't tested it. Also you should find another code cave to put the "main code" of your formula since it uses the same as other Glain's hack.
    EDIT:
    Did one test, it seems to work..., minor touches:
    EDIT 2:
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:38:11 PM by xjamxx »
    Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]