Pages: [1]
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 3067]
  • View Profile
  • https://steamcommunity.com/id/eternal248/
  • [September 08, 2014, 12:50:49 AM]
PW 2.0 Special Jobs
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:50:49 AM »
Special jobs in PW 2.0 are shades of their Vanilla counterparts, but with a unique blend of general PW insanity, with each unique job fitting a unique role or gimmick.

AGRIAS:

MUSTADIO:

RAFA:

MALAK:

MELIADOUL:

BEOWULF:

REIS:

ORLANDU:

WORKER 8:

Exact details to be yet decided.

BYBLOS:

GERARD:

Thoughts are welcome as always!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:30:06 AM by Eternal »
    • Modding version: PSX & WotL
    • Discord username: eternal248#1817
  • "You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    Selius [Posts: 37]
    • View Profile
    • [September 08, 2014, 08:27:08 AM]
    Re: PW 2.0 Special Jobs
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:27:08 AM »
    NOPE CHUCK TESTA

Agrias still my favorite. I really really like that skillset too.

Magic Hammer: Reduces an enemy's MP to 0 within 1 AoE, randomly.

That's going to be just as broken as I think it's going to be, isn't it?
    « Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:35:07 AM by Selius »
    --Sky Pirate--
    Vaan [Posts: 171]
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198117608824/
    • [September 08, 2014, 02:52:27 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:52:27 PM »
    Looking pretty good.

“    One of these days I’ll fly an airship of my own. I’ll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    „
       ~ Vaan
    Unreliable as a Mime.
    The Damned [Posts: 2168]
    • View Profile
    • [September 09, 2014, 01:44:54 AM]
    « Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:44:54 AM »
    (Given they're conspicously asbent from this list, I'm guessing that Rad/Ladd, Alicia, Lavian, Boco and last and certainly least, Cloud are getting replaced. Technically, I suppose Cloud is the only "actual" special character among those with regards to vanilla, but still.

Regardless, I'd be completely fine with that.)

That said, I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised you're keeping Byblos. He's honestly the easiest special character to replace or outright axe given how late he appears. I know you said that you haven't decided anything about him exactly, but are you at least planning on moving up his availability a tad?

I'll use spoilers here as well like in the generic Class thread even though this post isn't going to be anywhere near as long as my commentary in that thread. For one thing, I don't really have much to say about Agrias or Meliadoul or Reis or Gerard. For another thing, there are far fewer classes.

Then again, when has that ever stopped me from being a blathering blatherskite? (Answer: Gizmoduck never.)

Given Reis does have Dual Wield, perhaps you could give Cid innate Two Hands/Doublehand (if you haven't already) since I don't recall any of your generic class having that either. Shrug.

Oh, and I just realized: Is there a reason why Ramza isn't on this list even though he's technically a special character?
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:31:01 PM by The Damned »
    "Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"
    Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [September 09, 2014, 02:24:10 AM]
    « Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 02:24:10 AM »
    (Given they're conspicously asbent from this list, I'm guessing that Rad/Ladd, Alicia, Lavian, Boco and last and certainly least, Cloud are getting replaced. Technically, I suppose Cloud is the only "actual" special character, but still.

Regardless, I'd be completely fine with that.)

That said, I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised you're keeping Byblos. He's honestly the easiest special character to replace or outright axe given how late he appears. I know you said that you haven't decided anything about him exactly, but are you at least planning on moving up his availability a tad?

I'll use spoilers here as well like in the generic Class thread even though this post isn't going to be anywhere near as long as my commentary in that thread. For one thing, I don't really have much to say about Agrias or Meliadoul or Reis or Gerard. For another thing, there are far fewer classes.

Then again, when has that ever stopped me from being a blathering blatherskite? (Answer: Gizmoduck never.)

Given Reis does have Dual Wield, perhaps you could Cid innate Two Hands/Doublehand (if you haven't already) since I don't recall any of your generic class having that either. Shrug.

Oh, and I just realized: Is there a reason why Ramza isn't on this list even though he's technically a special character?

MUSTADIO:

RAFA:

MALAK:

MELIADOUL:

BEOWULF:

REIS:

GERARD:

Ramza will likely be a Mediator, much like his PW 1.0 self.

EDIT:

ORLANDU:

• "You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    Unreliable as a Mime.
    • View Profile
    • [September 09, 2014, 06:01:02 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 06:01:02 AM »
    (So noted, even if it is a bit disappointing to have what I suspected about White Wind be confirmed.)

This version of Orlandu looks pretty interesting despite essentially being stuck with something usually as boring as Charge. Certainly a much more different version of him than other patches have tended to do, even my own. Not sure how I feel about Hamedo still existing though, even if it is appropriately overpowered enough for Old Man Genocide.

With regards to Ramza being a Mediator, I see. I had completely forgotten. I still think you should make a space for him if only because it's not readily apparent he's different or how he's different from vanilla even with the proposed changes to Freelancer in the other thread.
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:50:45 PM by The Damned »

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"
    Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [September 20, 2014, 03:29:28 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 03:29:28 AM »
    BYBLOS:

Unreliable as a Mime.
    • View Profile
    • [October 15, 2014, 09:36:57 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 09:36:57 PM »
    (Fair warning: I'm about to post back to back to back to back in your four threads to "make up" for being gone for about a month. My sincerest apologies.)

Hmmm...that's certainly an interesting take on Byblos and definitely one that actually merits him coming so utterly late in the game. Being a Lucavi/Esper-only Blue Mage is rather neat, though I have to wonder how he's supposed to learn Zalera's skills in particular, especially Kill.

Then again, perhaps your version of Zalera is more "merciful" than mine. I guess that's kind of appropriate given he is the "Angel of Death". My versions are more the "Angel of Suffering" given what an asshole he is even in FFXII. (I guess he, like Mateus, just takes after the Occuria though.)

Regardless, good luck with deciding on things for Worker/Construct 8. He's always such a pain to think about.

Pages: [1]