Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Emmy [Posts: 227]
  • View Profile
  • [March 21, 2016, 03:52:31 AM]
Re: Emmy's ASM thread (better stuff for monsters!)
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 03:52:31 AM »
I got a different version to replace Move +3 if you don't want to mess with the Float movement.  This version requires my "Disable equip x/female equipment" hack because I coded it in that area.  You can move it somewhere else in the scus if you disabled something else.

• View Profile
  • [April 04, 2016, 09:59:05 PM]
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 09:59:05 PM »
Update - Bugfix on Move +3 grants Undead/buffs hack.  Also added a couple formulas and a few r/s/m grants status. :P
  • View Profile
  • [April 28, 2016, 06:43:40 AM]
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 06:43:40 AM »
Updated with a monster m-ev hack. :)  Currently don't know how to do this by class though. :(
French Maid
Xifanie (Webmistress) [Posts: 4259]
  • View Profile
  • Final Fantasy Hacktics
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xifanie
  • [April 28, 2016, 07:48:45 AM]
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 07:48:45 AM »
It's actually very easy; you have all the variables there.
You can just create a table with a byte for every job, and add the job ID to the start of the table.
You have the address of the unit in r4, so just, for example (assuming you shift your code after the table):
lbu r2, 0x0003(r4) //Load the job ID
lui r1, 0x8015
addu r1, r1, r2
lbu r2, 0x2140(r1)
...and bam, you got your custom M-Ev for that job ID.

Hopefully you can find me in chat when you'll look into this if you need any help.

It would also be nice to display the value properly on the status screen, but I couldn't fault you for giving up/not bothering, since the game kinda forces that display value to be 0.

• Modding version: PSX
  • <R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
    <Raijinili> remember that? it was awful
    • View Profile
    • [April 29, 2016, 06:04:27 AM]
    « Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 06:04:27 AM »
    **EDIT** Works now, hack in first post. :)  Thanks Xifanie. :)
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:34:47 AM by Emmy »
  • -Paragon-
    Mike [Posts: 25]
    • View Profile
    • [May 17, 2016, 12:23:54 PM]
    « Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 12:23:54 PM »
    Hello Emmy ..

I have a small request and 2 quistions ..

Can you make hack to change Move +3/Jump +3
    To add speed +1/+2 without disable equip x/female
    Hack ..

1)Does your hack "train inflict differnet status"
    Works without critical condition, (i want it to
    Inflict status always)

2)your "conditional support bundle" hack
    - if i want to replace (Eq. Spear/Axe) with JP/Exp Up
    slots, should i disable these abilities first, if yeah,
    Can you tell me how.
    - i want to remove the conditions, affects statuses
    instead of stats.

Sorry if i asked too much & thanks for the
    useful hacks :D
    • View Profile
    • [May 17, 2016, 02:11:57 PM]
    « Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »
    The reason those hacks require disabling equip x/female equip hack is because it needed to be written in Scus.  Scus doesn't have any free space normally - you have to create your own either by writing it over features you're not using or rewriting existing routines to be more efficient. I know some people have talked about how there's some sections of horribly inefficient code there, but rewriting them to be better is something I don't know how to do yet.

I made a new version of the train hack.  It requires all 3 of the hacks mentioned in its description to work though, but it'll always inflict poison if the formula goes through the physical evade routine.  Even if it doesn't deal damage!  So be careful with what you give the ability to.

You'll have to disable jp/xp up slots first unless you want the ability to have both the vanilla and the new effect.  Unless you're using them for something else, I'd suggest just pulling a blank slot for them instead.  Here's a version using 2 blanks instead:

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:22:08 PM by Emmy »
  • Emmy [Posts: 227]
    • View Profile
    • [May 18, 2016, 06:00:36 AM]
    « Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 06:00:36 AM »
    Updated with Move XP/JP up changes. :)

Unfortunately do not know how to change the display so that it mirrors reaction abilities or other move X ups (such as by displaying the sword and +1 like PA save does).  However if you check the character screens, these abilities work.  Still is better than the vanilla ones. :P
    -Paragon-
    • View Profile
    • [May 19, 2016, 01:55:52 PM]
    « Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 01:55:52 PM »
    Hi  :D

Well thank you very much for the new version.
    It's good idea to use useless support abilities :)

1) does "train inflict different status" is the old
    Sicken hack, correct me cuz i'm little confused  :?

2) i will ask again since you didn't mentioned it
    Can you remove the conditions (such as critical,
    Berserk) from "conditional Support bundle" hack

Thanks emmy for your help, i'm looking forward to
    Use your "Move XX up" hack  :mrgreen:
    • View Profile
    • [May 19, 2016, 10:15:18 PM]
    « Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 10:15:18 PM »
    Are you looking to just make something double speed always? :o  The conditional bit is what makes these interesting in enemy formations.

To make Train = Sicken (always inflict poison on physical attacks) you need these hacks (all of them):

First one disables vanilla's effect, replacing it with adding poison instead of invite.  Second one runs the poison effect throughout the  physical routine, so that it applies to any physical attacks (even stuff like Earth slash or custom formulas, whether or not they deal damage to the target, as long as it touches the physical routine).  The third one is required because I had to move the Transparent check to make both of those hacks work, and moving transparent happens in the third hack.  Apply all 3 hacks and you get both Sicken and Arcane Focus.  Hope that makes sense.  :)
    Fosil [Posts: 54]
    • View Profile
    • [May 20, 2016, 01:52:42 AM]
    « Reply #30 on: May 20, 2016, 01:52:42 AM »
    I've a question, that I'm sure you can answer, as I'm delving into my own modifications:

When you say we can change the abilities that these ASM's index to--the 1 to 2 digit hex numbers you often bold or italicize--I still do not understand how it is done.

What I mean is, say for instance, we take your Meatbone Slash/Bonecrusher ASM...

I understand that the '0A01' is the reverse hex pointing to the Chocoball ability. But as for the '33', I do not understand what "skillset of the attack" this is linking to. Skillset 33 links to 'Battle Skill' which does not contain anything related to Meatbone Slash or Chocoball, right?

Or, for example your 2x outgoing damage while in critical ASM, has 2 bits of hex that reference to one ability, Monster Talk/Beast Tongue, and I do not understand how those two separate hexes link to the one support skill.

Also! After explaining, could you pretty please edit your first-base post with your ASMs to include more bold and/or italic markings to indicate the hex we would change for our own ASM modifications? (Skillset/Ability/Number hex pointers)

Can you please shed some light on these? Again, thank you!
    • View Profile
    • [May 20, 2016, 02:10:21 AM]
    « Reply #31 on: May 20, 2016, 02:10:21 AM »
    I have a boss chocobo which uses skillset 33, and Missile (Choco ball in vanilla) in my mod.  Wasn't sure if monster skillsets would somehow screw that up so thought it was safer to use that as the skillset when I tested it.  You can change that to whatever skillset contains whatever ability you are using.

C/p from Data locations:

91 is the group where you can find Monster Talk, and 10 is the hex that refers to it specifically.  Which other things are you looking to modify?
    Fosil [Posts: 54]
    • View Profile
    • [May 20, 2016, 03:04:46 AM]
    « Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 03:04:46 AM »
    Ah hah! Derp. That completely explains it! I should have known, being I'm familiar with the similar tables for the statii. Thank you!

I have no further questions, at the moment!
    -Paragon-
    • View Profile
    • [May 20, 2016, 11:16:53 AM]
    « Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 11:16:53 AM »
    Are you looking to just make something double speed always? :o  The conditional bit is what makes these interesting in enemy formations.

I know it's not fun to make the support always double
    the speed and it make the game unbalanced.
    I just wanted to use this hack to grants good status,
    Or grants immunity to bad status.

Second one runs the poison effect throughout the  physical routine, so that it applies to any physical attacks (even stuff like Earth slash or custom formulas, whether or not they deal damage to the target, as long as it touches the physical routine).

I thought it only add status if you use "attack" command. :(

However, thanks for clarification  :D
    • View Profile
    • [July 16, 2016, 08:27:18 PM]
    « Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 08:27:18 PM »
    Updated with a couple new formulas, and a bugfix for monster talk = 2x damage in critical. :)
    nitwit [Posts: 200]
    • View Profile
    • [July 16, 2016, 11:15:13 PM]
    « Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 11:15:13 PM »
    You're doing god's work, Emmy.
    • View Profile
    • [July 26, 2016, 06:35:52 AM]
    « Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 06:35:52 AM »
    Updated with several things: Shed Skin, Disable Secret Hunt/Train, Disable Gain XP Up, etc.
    • View Profile
    • [August 13, 2016, 05:56:07 PM]
    « Reply #37 on: August 13, 2016, 05:56:07 PM »
    So I'm still not 100% sure how the reaction flags work (they're largely undocumented), but these are my findings, tested with my Multi-Reaction Deluxe:

01 - Ability name appears, does nothing else
    03 - Ability name appears, does nothing else
    05 - Reacts with ability on self.  Seems to check if the caster is within range of the ability before casting ability on self.  Only targets self.  No clue why.
    06 - Ignores custom code
    07 - Ignores custom code
    09 - Reacts with ability on caster
    0a - Unrelated effect (heals caster for 0 mp?)
    0b - Unrelated effect (heals caster and surrounding targets in the AOE of indexed ability for random amounts of mp?)
    0c - Ignores custom code
    0d - Reacts with ability on self.  Seems to check if the caster is within range of the ability before casting ability on self.  Only targets self.  No clue why.
    0e - Ignores custom code
    0f - Ignores custom code
    10 - Ability name appears, does nothing else
    19 - Reacts with ability on caster
    1d - Reacts with ability on self.  Seems to check if the caster is within range of the ability before casting ability on self.  Only targets self.  No clue why.
    29 - Reacts with ability on caster
    2d - Reacts with ability on self.  Seems to check if the caster is within range of the ability before casting ability on self.  Only targets self.  No clue why.

Since I'm not sure if there's hard coding elsewhere related to these flags, stick with using 29 for reacting with ability on caster.  0d seems to work if you want a reaction that casts an ability on the user.
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:47:57 PM by Emmy »
  • Ashiel [Posts: 26]
    • View Profile
    • [August 25, 2016, 03:04:03 AM]
    « Reply #38 on: August 25, 2016, 03:04:03 AM »
    This gives monsters the same skillset appearance they had before if given a standard monster skillset, but if you check under Act, they can use the standard attack command in addition to their primary set.  If you force equip a secondary set here, they can also use that too.  Currently monster skillset names appear as blank under the act screen (not sure if there's a fix to that).
    After reading this I have a theory, but I've not tested it yet.

If you open FFTacText, select "Skillset Descriptions", towards the bottom you'll find monster skillsets (entry 176+). I'm fairly certain that if you place text for them, their skillset will appear as something other than a blank selectable in the menu. However, another issue seems to be present even if that works. The monster skillset entries only go from Chocobo through Vampire, so unless some of the many blank entries route to other monsters, I'm not sure how to assign them descriptions.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 3826]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [August 25, 2016, 04:14:04 AM]
    « Reply #39 on: August 25, 2016, 04:14:04 AM »
    Tactext sucks. Use Xif's FFT Text Editor.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11204.0

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    Pages: 1 [2] 3 4