Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Emmy [Posts: 227]
  • View Profile
  • [January 03, 2016, 06:11:06 PM]
Emmy's ASM thread (better stuff for monsters!)
« on: January 03, 2016, 06:11:06 PM »
Sorry, no idea how my thread disappeared.  :'(  But here's the stuff used in Monster Tactics that was made by me or not documented on the site anywhere else, and hopefully better organized than it was before.  Any questions on how to use anything, feel free to ask. :)

Reactions:

Support/Movement abilities:

Misc:

Formulas:

XML's uploaded by request.  These include other people's hacks too (it was written for my convenience in patching for my mod), but helpful to those who don't want to click on spoilers. :) 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:37:37 AM by Emmy »
    • Modding version: PSX
  • Atma [Posts: 216]
    • View Profile
    • [January 08, 2016, 03:38:38 AM]
    Re: Emmy's ASM thread (better stuff for monsters!)
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 03:38:38 AM »
    Nice formula edits!
    I like the idea of allowing the healing amount to scale better over the duration of the game.  I want my personal mod to have all classes relevant throughout the game and most of the equipment.
    Definitely going to put these to use.  Thank you.   :D

My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
    • View Profile
    • [January 20, 2016, 06:02:19 AM]
    « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:02:19 AM »
    So, not sure why this isn't working the way i want it to.   

**Edit** Don't use, fixed version is in first post!
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:58:40 AM by Emmy »
  • Glain [Posts: 448]
    • View Profile
    • [January 22, 2016, 12:15:19 AM]
    « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 12:15:19 AM »
    Without going too deep into analyzing it, what stands out to me is this:

Code: [Select]
    [0x0014f3b0] lbu r6,0x005a(r6)

You've got a problem here because r6 doesn't contain the attacking unit's data pointer anymore, as that was overwritten, so the wrong value is loaded here.  As it happens, I think r6 is going to contain the number 16 (0x10) going into this statement, so you're loading the byte from memory at address 0x6a (0x5a + 0x10) and storing that in r6.

I would guess whatever value is loaded from 0x6a probably fails the subsequent check and so r3 is never doubled.

Edit: 16, not 2.
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:09:35 AM by Glain »
    Thief of Fate
    Argy [Posts: 244]
    • View Profile
    • [January 22, 2016, 02:00:02 PM]
    « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 02:00:02 PM »
    Hi Emmy,

I hope you dont mind me posting here concerning your FLEE hack. When i tested it, it gave everyone plus four move. I also ran it with conflict checker to see if there were any other issues, but there wasnt. Has anyone else had this problem or it just me?

Cheers Argy

• Kotetsu Quad Killer!!
    LastingDawn [Posts: 3452]
    • View Profile
    • [January 22, 2016, 05:27:55 PM]
    « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 05:27:55 PM »
    This is extremely impressive work Emmy! This looks to go a decent way towards balancing some more difficult to balance aspects of FFT.

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
    sadness can be turned to delight.
    A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
    the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!
    • View Profile
    • [January 22, 2016, 09:52:55 PM]
    « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
    Did you use this version?  It sounds like an issue I had when I was trying to fix it but didn't understand how branches work.  This version works perfectly for me :)

Thief of Fate
    • View Profile
    • [January 23, 2016, 12:16:35 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 12:16:35 PM »
    Emmy, thank you!! Works an absolute treat!! I have also taken your other reactions as well!! Keep up the great ASM work!! If your  Monster talk double damage one works that would be amazing.   :D

• Kotetsu Quad Killer!!
    • View Profile
    • [February 11, 2016, 05:01:16 AM]
    « Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 05:01:16 AM »
    Updated with a few requests. :)

• View Profile
    • [February 24, 2016, 07:25:38 AM]
    « Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 07:25:38 AM »
    Emmy, thank you!! Works an absolute treat!! I have also taken your other reactions as well!! Keep up the great ASM work!! If your  Monster talk double damage one works that would be amazing.   :D

Got it to work finally. :) In the main post now.
    Thief of Fate
    • View Profile
    • [February 26, 2016, 06:37:24 AM]
    « Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 06:37:24 AM »
    Emmy, great work on solving the hack. I am proper pleased, as this gives the community another viable support for their patches. Keep up the great work.

• Kotetsu Quad Killer!!
    • View Profile
    • [February 27, 2016, 03:08:59 PM]
    « Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 03:08:59 PM »
    Updated with Multi-Reaction Deluxe! Thank you secondadvent for rewriting my code here so it works. :)
    Victor FrankeinSprite
    CONMAN [Posts: 281]
    • View Profile
    • [February 27, 2016, 04:39:57 PM]
    « Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 04:39:57 PM »
    Awesome work Emmy!  Several reactions see little to no use in general- this goes a long way to fixing this!
    • View Profile
    • [March 02, 2016, 06:05:29 AM]
    « Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 06:05:29 AM »
    Fixed the Blade Grasp/Arrow Guard moved to supports (no longer animates strangely).  Fixed the Ability works as blade grasp for math skill flag (no longer breaks reflect).  :)
    DuxorW [Posts: 38]
    • View Profile
    • [March 08, 2016, 12:55:34 PM]
    « Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 12:55:34 PM »
    Very cool hacks, I'll definitely be trying these out :)
    Thief of Fate
    • View Profile
    • [March 09, 2016, 02:44:43 PM]
    « Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 02:44:43 PM »
    Emmy, loving that MP Poison and +5 speed action. It's also great how you give guidance in changing it as well. Thank you!!

• Kotetsu Quad Killer!!
    Victor FrankeinSprite
    • View Profile
    • [March 10, 2016, 10:14:42 PM]
    « Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 10:14:42 PM »
    Unfortunately "Ability works as blade grasp for math skill flag" isn't working for me- I may have a conflict somewhere...at the moment battles won't start for me at all.   This is unfortunate- I was going to combo this with "absorb used mp" for a sweet "Runic" skill...

However, the real reason for the post was to ask for a hack that I think would benefit many (especially considering the nature of your mod!).   :oops: I've got to say I feel awkward asking for something- but I feel it could be really awesome!

Perhaps somewhere I missed a hack to add permanent status from a support...  I was going to ask if you could use an used support (or just a crappy one)  to automatically apply dark/evil-looking status....

Why? Because last night I remembered a spreadsheet made by Raven (I think secondadvent is credited) that allows the coloring of status effects to be altered...along with allowing status effects to alter the size of sprites...   Hence Dark/Evil becomes GOLDEN/GIANT.  Yes this status could just be tagged onto jobs themselves- but there is really only so many!

This could be used to make some fun secret/random super-monster battles by simply adding Golden/Giant and the ??? status to regular monsters. 

The one downside is sprites start to get too big and begin to get "pixelly".  The added benefit of giving them a color tint helps smooth them over.
    • View Profile
    • [March 11, 2016, 12:46:30 AM]
    « Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 12:46:30 AM »
    I originally tried to code Runic (which didn't work), and that's where that hack came from.  If it blocks an attack, you won't absorb the MP from it.  Try tying it to a support or move slot. 

Also you can check if it's writing to the same location as something else with Conflict Checker (which is bundled with the newest fftorgasm). 
    • View Profile
    • [March 16, 2016, 11:47:53 PM]
    « Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 11:47:53 PM »
    Unfortunately "Ability works as blade grasp for math skill flag" isn't working for me- I may have a conflict somewhere...at the moment battles won't start for me at all.   This is unfortunate- I was going to combo this with "absorb used mp" for a sweet "Runic" skill...

However, the real reason for the post was to ask for a hack that I think would benefit many (especially considering the nature of your mod!).   :oops: I've got to say I feel awkward asking for something- but I feel it could be really awesome!

Perhaps somewhere I missed a hack to add permanent status from a support...  I was going to ask if you could use an used support (or just a crappy one)  to automatically apply dark/evil-looking status....

Why? Because last night I remembered a spreadsheet made by Raven (I think secondadvent is credited) that allows the coloring of status effects to be altered...along with allowing status effects to alter the size of sprites...   Hence Dark/Evil becomes GOLDEN/GIANT.  Yes this status could just be tagged onto jobs themselves- but there is really only so many!

This could be used to make some fun secret/random super-monster battles by simply adding Golden/Giant and the ??? status to regular monsters. 

The one downside is sprites start to get too big and begin to get "pixelly".  The added benefit of giving them a color tint helps smooth them over.

No clue if this'll suit your needs, but it changes the status inflicted by the Float movement ability:

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure if this can be done outside the scus if this doesn't suit your needs.
    Victor FrankeinSprite
    • View Profile
    • [March 18, 2016, 03:35:20 PM]
    « Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 03:35:20 PM »
    Cool, thank you Emmy!
    Pages: [1] 2 3 4