Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Parted Ways 2.0 Weapons  (Read 2617 times)
Pages: [1]
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 3075]
  • View Profile
  • https://steamcommunity.com/id/eternal248/
  • [October 15, 2014, 05:04:41 AM]
Parted Ways 2.0 Weapons
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:04:41 AM »
Equipment in PW 2.0 each fills a varied role, with different weapon types having different advantages over others. Unlike PW 1.0, where items were more-or-less equal like Arena, PW 2.0 is a little more traditional in how items are handled.

KNIVES

NINJA BLADES

SWORDS

KNIGHTSWORDS

AXES

WANDS

STAVES

FLAILS

GUNS

CROSSBOWS

LONGBOWS

TOMES

SPEARS

POLES

BAGS

Feedback and thoughts welcome as always! Armor will be posted eventually-ish!

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
    • Discord username: eternal248#1817
  • "You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    Selius [Posts: 37]
    • View Profile
    • [October 15, 2014, 06:30:55 AM]
    Re: Parted Ways 2.0 Weapons
    « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:30:55 AM »
    are spears at all purchasable in stores or will we have to treasure hunt all of them?
    i'm assuming knightswords are forced 2 handed, will they get the double grip bonus?
    with the lack of dual wielding for that matter, do any jobs get double grip? maybe im blind i dont see it.
    what's the difference between rapid fire and a normal attack?
    for the aurora pole if an enemy absorbs an element, but is weak to another does it cancel out and do regular damage or get absorbed/halved, wtv ?

Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [October 15, 2014, 04:27:44 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »
    Some Spears will be buyable. Knightswords are forced 2H. Doublehand will be on Valkyries/Templars. Rapid Fire basically is a normal attack. If an enemy absorbs any element, the attack will be absorbed. If an enemy cancels an element, the attack will be cancelled. If an enemy is weak to any element but lacks absorption/cancellation, it'll be weak to the entire attack.

• "You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    Unreliable as a Mime.
    The Damned [Posts: 2168]
    • View Profile
    • [October 15, 2014, 09:47:00 PM]
    « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »
    A bit more traditional in terms of weapons not being "equal" is indeed a bit disappointing, but it's certainly understandable and definitely less headache-inducing, especially after you realize that ARENA currently isn't using about ten or so weapon spaces as it is. As it is now, Parted Way 2.0's weapons still look rather interesting for the most part and I think that you've largely succeeded in making them varied even if some of the earlier instances of weapons inevitably get obviated. Despite not having officially worked on any weapons myself save for Rods yet for the patch I'm currently working on, I generally think that the focuses of these work well and are generally varied enough to not have entire weapon groups obviate others as was arguably the case in vanilla save for one case that I'll get into below. Well, that and ignoring the fact that you kept Bags around€.

That said, compared to my other initial responses, this one will be pretty "short", relatively speaking. Of course I'm sure it's still decently long to normal people, so there's that:

I'm guessing every other weapon space, namely Katana, was used for the Instruments that aren't actually weapons that Performer is going to use. It's a bit of a shame that we can't turn Shuriken and Bombs spaces into actual weapons, especially since you don't seem to be using Throw on anyone.

That said, what you have now looks pretty good.
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:12:06 AM by The Damned »
    "Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"
    Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [November 10, 2014, 05:04:04 AM]
    « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 05:04:04 AM »

Unreliable as a Mime.
    The Damned [Posts: 2168]
    • View Profile
    • [November 16, 2014, 08:02:25 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 08:02:25 AM »
    (Even with having under-counted Item Attributes for some reason, I'll say that Staves are a pain to think of since most iterations of them throughout Final Fantasy history see them being utterly plain aside from Healing Staff. You're lucky you got yours down early.)

I'll have to continue to resist the temptation to defeat the forces of evil with trendy handbags, it seems, though I wish you luck in keeping them.
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:18:41 AM by The Damned »
    "Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"
    Pages: [1]