1. Nerf Haste
- H1 AOE is 1 unit
- H2 AOE is 4 units (same as original haste 1)
Haste is still useful but not as all powerful.2. Draw out and Samurai are OP and too useful
- lose Kotetsu. It simply have too much range, and makes them better at ranged attacks than Archers.
- Make Draw out calc be based on average PA and MA
- make it cost MP, instead of a chance of breaking a sword
3. Ninjas are better than archers for long range, and too useful
- Can only throw suirukens, and balls
- Throw range reduced
- statuses removed from Ninja Swords
- (very) minor nerf to ninja stats, mostly attack4. Units have too much movement
The maps are pretty small. I don't like the idea of a unit being able to go across it in one turn. Solutions
- remove move +3
- Make it so that shoes + movement skills do not stack (so "red shoes" with "Move + 1" would only result in one extra movement instead of 2)
- Default jump is set to 2, instead of 3. Jump skills and boots are not much more useful.5. Equip Armor Changes
The skill is nice, but it can be easily abused. Speed -1 and/or Move -1 if skill is equipped. Would make Defense Up more useful. 6. Blind.
Its a great ability in FFTA, but pretty weak in FFT. Can we fix it? 7. Geomancy
8. Take balance ideas from the FFTA series.
The FFA series does a pretty good job at balancing the jobs, and we should take hints on how to balance from the FFTA versions of those jobs. This will move a fair amount of abilities around, but it is worth it. I have not listed MP cost, because I have not worked that out yet. 8a: Add two handed swords
Flag some of them as two handed, and make them more powerful. 8b: Changes to Squire (Soldier) class.
8c: Knight (Paladin) changes:
8c: Archer changes: