I just wanted to join the forum and let Elric and the other creators of this mod know that they did an amazing job.
I started the mod about a month ago and finally finished it yesterday. I heard about it through another forum discussing FFT mods (which I didn't know was even a thing) and JotF was brought up. I admit the concept sounded silly at first, but after diving in I was thoroughly impressed. Not only is the gameplay challenging and fun, but I was very pleased with how believable the plot and characters were. You guys showed a lot of care for the world and characters and it shows. So really, great job!
We do our best, if you enjoyed it at present, then the re-release will blow your fucking mind
1) Glad Ramza's dialogue may be addressed in the re-release. Sometimes it did feel jarring and out-of-character.
Indeed, I removed the swearing that Ramza did in a few instances, and in general much of the original dialogue has been reworked by myself and Angel (as well as reworks to every single scene, from small to outright remaking the scene)
2) Glad that the JP system is being addressed in the re-release. I really want to explore other jobs like Blue Mage, Redguard, Samurai, and so on but I didn't even get close to unlocking them, especially since the base jobs are so useful.
Yeah, the JP and EXP formulas have been fixed up to be more friendly to player (We are also going to release a Jot5: Feelgood Edition, that will be geared towards more casual players as well)
3) I keep reading about three secrets sprinkled around the forum. I was only able to find two of them, can anyone give some hint as to where the third one is?
I'm not sure what you mean, can you be more specific? Maybe just use a spoiler tag or something?
4) The mod is brutal and unforgiving in the beginning before you learn some abilities. I read that the first Beastmaster battle was already nerfed, but are there plans to make the early game a bit easier?
Well, the Feelgood Edition will help a bit with that, but aside from the Beastmaster Battle, I've not seen too many complaints about it being too difficult outside a couple of the random battles that are being fixed for the re-release
5) Speaking of Redguard, what are they exactly anyway? Some kind of Red Mage?
Yes, Redguard is a Red Mage, we went with the Vanilla FFT naming convention of Priest = White Mage, Wizard = Black Mage, etc.
6) How far along is Chapter 2/the re-release? I saw the Chapter 2 progress log thread but the OP hasn't been updated in nearly a year so I'm not sure where it's at right now.
The only reason that that thread hasn't been posted in is because all of my posts go into the other threads regarding the re-release, since that is what we are currently working on (and making amazing headway recently, more to come soon)