• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:43 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Katia Managan -or- Storytelling Done Right

Started by Celdia, July 24, 2011, 08:38:41 am

Celdia

July 24, 2011, 08:38:41 am Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:39:03 am by Celdia
So a friend of mine from off-site linked me to this hilarious story someone was putting up on a forum elsewhere recently. I read through a bit of it and thought I might post it here then but found out a website dedicated to it was going up, so I waited. What I think makes it remarkable is that it was just a Choose Your Own Adventure thread on a forum somewhere, nothing terribly special in and of itself; we have one here that formerdeathcorps is running. What seems to have made this one special though is the person in charge of it is a good cartoonist and also seems to be extremely witty as well. The results are glorious. I encourage everyone who loves a good story or loves to laugh to give this a read from the very beginning.

It is based on another popular game title that I won't bother to disclose since you need not know anything about that game at all to enjoy this story. Also, don't feel like you need to read every post in-between the major story posts. At the bottom of the story posts are links to the following story post (usually a ==> but sometimes they're text) and you can just follow those. The important posts that were used to generate the next bit of story will be at the top of the new story post in quote boxes and anything of particular interest will be in spoilers below the story. I would also note that this story is still ongoing and you can post your own suggestions for it.

So, without further ado, I give you PREQUEL -or- Making a Cat Cry: The Adventure!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Phlashblazer

I managed to get through a little bit of the story, and I enjoyed it.  Maybe we could do something like that in between busting our @$$es on projects, lol!
Even so, my hands will bring relief to people who have learned to live without hope, a human being who feeds on his brother is not a man anymore... he is a mad dog, and should be dealt the same fate.

st4rw4k3r

Read the entire thing up to date.
This is great. Wouldn't be too hard to pull something similar.

formerdeathcorps

May 02, 2012, 11:18:48 pm #3 Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:27:22 pm by formerdeathcorps
This is still going on, by the way.  I'm personally impressed the author could draw such a vivid set of pictures every week.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

skiploom188

CANT STOP READING. It even skewed me off from playing BTD5 the entire night.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Dokurider

Yeah, this is pretty good. It makes me question if my character is too competent.

formerdeathcorps

May 03, 2012, 04:58:41 pm #6 Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:04:34 pm by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: Dokurider on May 03, 2012, 01:32:44 pm
Yeah, this is pretty good. It makes me question if my character is too competent.

It doesn't for me, if only because the author seems to derive sadistic pleasure in deliberately limiting what his/her character can do and repeatedly inflicting harm upon Katia.  This is "realistic" only in the sense you want to believe that realism means having a litany of things be inflicted upon you repeatedly which must be accepted as they occur.
It, however, still is a fairly entertaining read.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dynablade

This is the cutest, yet saddest thing I have ever read. She tries so goddamn hard..

st4rw4k3r

I love reading it since its literally the oblivion world. Everything is perfectly in place, from food in peoples houses to books to the people, its great!

EmmaNigma

As of May 3rd, the most recent page is possibly the saddest page of them all
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

st4rw4k3r

May 07, 2012, 12:48:14 am #10 Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:31:20 am by st4rw4k3r
wow....
I'm not reading this comic anymore now

Celdia

And now you understand why Kazerad [the writer] takes the title of 'Torturemancer'.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

skiploom188

Not giving up on her yet, since I just started reading from beginning till current 4 days ago. But if she fails again horribly next time, I may or may not continue reading. Depending on the weight of the failure.
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

MysticKnightFF5

skiploom188

It just updated guys, AFTER 1 MONTH. Can't believe the moment I start following the story was also the time the longest gap would happen. *facepalms*

Dynablade

KATIAAAA!!

so many feelings, can't control the emotions..

MysticKnightFF5