• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:53:52 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] Shops, world map, and Saving.

Started by Kokojo, July 03, 2011, 08:19:35 pm

How should we spend our time on CoP.

Keep CoP as is, focus on Chapter 2 first.
14 (82.4%)
Add a dungeon map.
6 (35.3%)
Add a pointpoint map.
4 (23.5%)
Add a all-available shop
2 (11.8%)
Add a (depending on battle you can buy better equips) shop.
4 (23.5%)
Add map but no shop
2 (11.8%)
Remove the loot system!!!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kokojo

July 03, 2011, 08:19:35 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:18:47 am by Kokojo
So as you may know if you hang by the IRC, me and Pride have been discussing to change the way CoP works to make it so that there would be shops, a world map, and therfore, infinite save points (inbetween battles, of course)

So. I want to do it through a vote. Here are the consequeneces of each actions, and some details.

Shops will be added only sparingly. They will be available but it will be impossible to buy more than one or two items per fight. The player will be allowed to save up to buy more powerfull item if he saves up, even at the start of the game.

Map is a two-choicer, and I am not sure we can do it. But my dream would be to have a single dot or two on the map per chapter, and that it plays like Deep Dungeon (Finish one battle, unlock the next).

The other choice will make the map fucking ugly, or repetitive, very bothersome in term of work, but still, it can be amusing. In fact, what I plan is that you will always come back at the same place and go on the same dot between each battle, then respawn on that dot, so to say.

Adding a map Dungeon style : May be impossible but would not require that much work if possible. Requires extensive research!

Adding a map normal style : Hours of  work, but does not need hours of research.

Adding shops : More equips... But I know some people absolutely love the loot system. Keep it in or out?
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Pierce

I like the loot system. It makes CoP unique. If you were to just have a map where the only option is to go to your next location, giving people an option to save between battles, that would be cool.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Dome

Keep CoP as is, focus on Chapter 2 first. (Nerf/remove item break skills, if necessary)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Killergamer

i really like the loot system also but i do think a map is needed a dungeon style map would be awesome but if its time consuming even the original style map is better then none at all i think its mainly needed for leveling or maybe some secrets like finding cloud and beowulf

GeneralStrife

My vote is, figure out what you are going to do before doing more. That way you are focused on chapter 2.
And what you are going to do is your choice kokopuffs.

Durbs

Quote from: GeneralStrife on July 24, 2011, 07:29:42 pm
My vote is, figure out what you are going to do before doing more. That way you are focused on chapter 2.
And what you are going to do is your choice kokopuffs.

Agreed. As much as I'd like a map, we'll live if you don't put it in. Just know what you plan to do before you move forward.
  • Modding version: PSX

FFMaster

Keep it as is =)

I like the loot system and the fact that there are no shops, it gives a load more replayability without stupid restrictions/whatever. Each time I go through, I have a different team and different strategies.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Joseph Strife

Quote from: FFMaster on July 27, 2011, 08:22:15 am
Keep it as is =)

I like the loot system and the fact that there are no shops, it gives a load more replayability without stupid restrictions/whatever. Each time I go through, I have a different team and different strategies.

Sure thing, CoP is unique because of this, leave as it is and focus on Ch. 2 so you can release it, i'm eager to play it.  :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...