• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:41:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by Barren, August 29, 2016, 09:46:38 pm

Kashkabald

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on October 11, 2016, 06:46:28 pm
Well, Doubt Faith just cost me my last chance of making it to the second bracket. I knew I would lose the large map due to too much distance to cover (it's one of the largest maps in Arena), but also partly because of the overall squishyness of my team. GG Kashkabald and good luck on the last round.

Yeah that Doubt Faith really swung the tide to my favour, I probably could have lost that map if your offense continued. GGs and thanks

Gaignun

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on October 10, 2016, 03:51:23 pm
For tiebreakers, I suggest to refer to the scores on the right of the table. For instance, someone who's 3-3 but constantly has been winning with 2-1 and losing 0-2 is, in my view, lower ranked than another 3-3 player who's won his matches 2-0 and lost 1-2.

I am in agreement here.  I haven't done any math, but I suspect that we will have deal with tied scores even with a larger elimination bracket.  Tiebreaking is what the Buchholz and Points Difference systems are used to resolve.

Nevertheless, a larger elimination is bracket is fine provided our hosts have the time and energy to conduct it.

Kashkabald

I don't mind streaming a top 16 or whatever. It would be done pretty quickly since it's single-elim.

gatebuster202

• Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Gaignun

Nice team.  Lich and Ligntning Bow really hurt.

gatebuster202

Corosar

Quote from: gatebuster202 on October 19, 2016, 03:52:27 pm
Match 101
Match 102
Match 103
Match 104
Match 105

i would be so so salty in reks' possition because of that chemist in round 3. Shit like that kills me far more than i care to admit. yay dumb ai!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Heroebal

I've got some catching up to do here: It's been a great tournament so far thanks for the videos guys.

Alfa's team obliterated me in round 2. Round 1 was just too much status going Redworlds way. Round 4 I got pretty lucky getting through projectile guard quite a bit to get passed Dokurider. 3, 5, & 6 my team been showed good resiliency in a couple of the matches to make comebacks where it could have easily been losses. I don't feel it's enough to take the tournament, maybe a top 5 finish.

Kashkabald

October 22, 2016, 07:54:27 pm #150 Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:40:51 pm by Kashkabald
Gonna stream matches noº 106 and 107 @ http://twitch.tv/fftarena

EDIT: Time for 108-110 at the same channel!

DOUBLE EDIT: Did those + 120. They're all up on youtube now

Barren

Sorry guys for delaying the remainder of Round 6, so how much has happened for me (mostly personal life) lately and it's has been negatively affecting me so I need to relieve myself of the stress for a bit. I will do those tourney matches Friday and have them uploaded that day. I hope I'm not burden to anyone whose looking forward to the rest of the tourney
You dare cross blades with me?

Corosar

hey things happen barren. personally i rather people get things that need to be dealt with in IRL over being online all the time and things only getting worse... i hope everything is alright and the best to you!
Time for a new season!

Corosar

Quote from: Kashkabald on October 22, 2016, 07:54:27 pm
Gonna stream matches noº 106 and 107 @ http://twitch.tv/fftarena

EDIT: Time for 108-110 at the same channel!

DOUBLE EDIT: Did those + 120. They're all up on youtube now

whelp... that went as expected... i really wish i was not stupid with this team... at least i got one win on this team... but there is nothing more demoralizing.. ahh well... random matches have always been my bests. none the less... i do have to say i did enjoy this tournament
Time for a new season!

Andante49

First half all buttoned up. Congratulations to TrueLight for going undefeated, and to all the other participants advancing to the second half.

The second half bracket has been updated with the top 16 as listed.  Seeing how Challonge's default settings for tiebreakers were used without a consensus or discussion, before the tournament continues does anyone have strong feelings or thoughts as to other tie-breaking methods?

gatebuster202

The default is fine and I think it worked for our purposes.

CupOfOrangeJuice

RIP me dude. If I did just slightly better I would've made top 16 to make it into the finals bracket. Instead I got 17th  RIP

gatebuster202

Matches 124, through 121 in reverse order are being streamed, will link the youtubes once all 8 are up. (Match 125-128 are up and in the playlist.)
https://www.twitch.tv/fftarena

Barren

I'll comment on my match after its posted on YouTube. I got quite a bit to say about my overall luck in this tourney
You dare cross blades with me?