• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:29:11 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

3lric

Quote from: ZalbaagBeoulve on January 16, 2018, 11:03:41 pm
I'm SO excited more content is coming. This is really all non-profit??? Like, no patreon or paypal link or anything? I mean, I'd support this like it was a typical game...just saying...

Also, I saw a mention of rushing the content out because of work schedule and all (It's insane this is just a side gig). I'd vote for you (and whoever else is involved, I'm new here) taking your time. Take it easy if need be...

Lol thank you. And no, we don't accept donations of any kind. But feel free to donate to a charity on our behalf :)
  • Modding version: PSX

ZalbaagBeoulve

Quote from: Elric on January 17, 2018, 04:28:25 am

Lol thank you. And no, we don't accept donations of any kind. But feel free to donate to a charity on our behalf :)

Done! Next RPG Limit Break run I will TOTALLY shout out FFHacktics. This is amazing and you are my heroes :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zero Dozer

Please tell me that after all this time (Over an year according to my profile) I've been away, Chapter 2's situation isn't the in the same spot as when I last visited.

Came around to check on Eternal, but I had to check here as well.

3lric

Depends, what state was it in the last time you asked? lol

Zero Dozer

Around April '17, I think you still were waiting for Xifanie to finish her side and she was active on it.

Dido

And, folks, how is the progress of Chapter 2? Since 2015 I hope this second part of the mod and so far has not left.

3lric

Zero Dozer

What a nice Mathematician's Answer.

RJ Cid

I think AM2R took about 10 years to make, and that fan game is basically cannon by most of the 2-D Metroid fanbase because it's so amazing! Sonic Mania came about because Christian Whitehead did such a stellar job, had mad online support, and Sega gave him his own project.

Updates are nice, but give them time to make this game all it can be. Plus, we need to keep in mind they're doing this as a labor of love (so... for free). Maybe if Square-Enix sees the overpouring support for these fan projects and mods, they'll begin investing in making great games again. I dare them to make another strategy RPG with this much addictive replayability  :cool:

RJ Cid

I thoroughly enjoyed playing Celdia's Complete Patch v1.96. Give that a shot. All the classes and items are new, so you get that feeling of discovery you haven't felt since the first time you played Vanilla. That should help hold you over.

Dido

Hello, everyone, what kind of FFT patch I play, I'm addicted to this game and I think this patch of yours is the most fucking !!! Very well done, so I wait so long for chapter 2, sure you will not disappoint.

3lric

Yeah we laid the 'fucking' on pretty heavy. Glad you enjoyed it.

Swordmaster

It is indeed the most fucking.  lol
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

HebrewToYou

I liked that comment better the first time I saw it - in CLERKS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-9X3ooFvo

RJ Cid

Got a general question, and since this mod seems to be the most active, I'll simply ask here...

Is there a way to mod FFT so that random battles can occur on towns and castles on the world map? Some of them already have battle maps associated with them, it would be nice/challenging if random battles occurred in this 'safe' spots on the map. In vanilla it happens for some storyline fights, but could it be setup to happen randomly? Would also be nice to see some 'event-only' maps tied in to battles.

FF Hacktics Rocks! Mad love for all your hard work!

RJ Cid

Quote from: Dido on August 09, 2018, 06:05:35 pm
Hello, everyone, what kind of FFT patch I play, I'm addicted to this game and I think this patch of yours is the most fucking !!! Very well done, so I wait so long for chapter 2, sure you will not disappoint.

Celdia's Complete Patch v1.96 or Parted Ways. Those are great mods to help hold you over.

Nyzer

Quote from: RJ Cid on August 11, 2018, 10:32:03 am
Got a general question, and since this mod seems to be the most active, I'll simply ask here...

Is there a way to mod FFT so that random battles can occur on towns and castles on the world map? Some of them already have battle maps associated with them, it would be nice/challenging if random battles occurred in this 'safe' spots on the map. In vanilla it happens for some storyline fights, but could it be setup to happen randomly? Would also be nice to see some 'event-only' maps tied in to battles.

FF Hacktics Rocks! Mad love for all your hard work!

Someone actually asked about this not that long ago.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12044.msg223853

Quote from: Xifanie on July 29, 2018, 07:04:23 pm
1. Random Battle Editor: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11694.0
1.2 Check the Event Editing tutorials: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9204.0
EasyVent: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11675.0

2. Not exactly easily doable... there is no space allocated for random battle data for these locations.

The best sort of compromise might be a repeatable Mark you can get from a tavern or an option to select to move to the location while you're already on it to trigger one specific battle (I know there's a way to do that for random battles in the regular spots), but both would require some work.

Hyraldelita

Hello guys, is it possible to post some new video about the development^^

Just to keep the hype up!

Germ

I'm looking forward to an update as well. My first post was back in January of 2014 and have been checking in on the progress at least a few times a month ever since.