• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:12:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Attempt to change the game music

Started by Rfh, December 08, 2011, 04:09:51 pm

Rfh

I want to change the music from the game. Maybe if I find in google converters that change SMD format in to anyone media player format. But the problem is that SMD format is image file, and how can i change this in a music file? I don't find in google the converters needed. Is possible to change the game music at the moment?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

3lric

From what I've heard, At this point in time it is still not possible to do. I would love it if i was wrong tho

formerdeathcorps

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Music/SMD

No, it's perfectly possible right now, actually.  Just so tedious I wouldn't consider doing it because you need to insert essentially the sheet music of the song you want manually into the equivalent HEX script.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

December 08, 2011, 07:29:28 pm #3 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:01:00 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Can you insert larger or smaller "sheet music", or must it be the same size as the original file?  Is the format complety understood, or are there still unknowns?

EDIT

Haha, I just realized how stupid the music format for FFT is - it has no compression!  I wonder if a project - where the music was extracted and changed to a lossless compressed format, and the music engine was recoded to decompress and play back (or just straight play) another music format - would interest anyone with the skills to do it.

formerdeathcorps

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Rfh

I'm a newbie and I do not know what to do. How can I convert a .Mp3 file (for example) in to .SMD file?
  • Discord username: rfh

Mando

Does not work that way unfortunately. I know what you are thinking and wanting. You have to recreate the song using the instruments allowed within FFT. So no you can never use FF7 music even if it was .SMD because it does not call for the same instruments. Think of it like Mario Paint music. You pretty much have to do that to a song to get it to work in this game :|

We have many people hear including myself and FDC that work with music IRL and I think FDC is the only one who has bothered trying to create a song from scratch.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!