• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:01:19 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help Patching

Started by MogGuy, December 01, 2011, 09:10:16 pm

MogGuy

Hello. A friend of mine told me about a patch called Celdias Complete Patch, and it sounded interesting so I came here to download it.

But when I downloaded it, the icon is a kinda rainbow circle with a P in the lower right and I can't patch it and it opens some weird program. How do I patch it?

MountainDew~

Use the PPF-O-Matic on your FFT Iso. Put the FFT ISO in the "ISO File" section and the CCP Patch for the "Patch" Section.

http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=11
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

MogGuy

I tried that. My emulator says it "cannot read .cue file"

3lric

Quote from: MogGuy on December 01, 2011, 09:30:00 pm
I tried that. My emulator says it "cannot read .cue file"

Then don't load it through the cue file, once the bin/iso is patched successfully you should be able to load the bin/iso into ePSXe without issue.
What emulator are you using?
  • Modding version: PSX

MogGuy

PSXfin. I tried ePSXe but it kept deleting itself. I could play for a little bit but when I'd exit my computer would say it was a threat and I'd delete it. And when I unzipped my ISO of Final Fantasy Tactics, it creates another zip file that I can't unzip, but I can play just fine before the patch.

Yeah I know, it's weird. But really, any help would be appreciated.

MountainDew~

PSXfin has a lot of problems playing a patched FFT I think. Generally epsxe isn't a threat depending on where you got it from... Get it from somewhere you trust and add an exception in your antivirus? I run both the .cue and .iso file just fine with ePSXe.

I'm no expert at all of this though, so if you are unsure about adding an exception in antivirus, maybe someone else who experienced a similar problem can give you a hand.

3lric

Quote from: MogGuy on December 01, 2011, 11:11:30 pm
PSXfin. I tried ePSXe but it kept deleting itself. I could play for a little bit but when I'd exit my computer would say it was a threat and I'd delete it. And when I unzipped my ISO of Final Fantasy Tactics, it creates another zip file that I can't unzip, but I can play just fine before the patch.

Yeah I know, it's weird. But really, any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean but i would download ePSXe 1.7 and follow this guide to get the plugins you need and set it up just as in the guide
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.0
also as said above, you may need to make ePSXe allowed in your anti-virus prog, I've been using it for a long time and can assure you it doesn't have a virus..
Unless you got it from somewhere strange..

Celdia

PSXFin hates CCP. There are numerous points in the game that it won't play past for reasons unknown as well as various and seemingly random formation screen crashes that happen when using that emulator.

Were I you I'd follow Elric's advice and try to get your computer to play nice with ePSXe 1.7. It has the best track record of running my patch properly.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

MogGuy

OK thanks everyone. I'll try ePSXe when I get off this stupid 18 hour shift.

MogGuy

Thanks everyone. I got it to work but I'm gonna wait until my next day off to start actually playing because, well, 18 hour shift.

MountainDew~

Awesome. Have fun playing CCP then.

MogGuy

So I'm having issues again. I load up ePSXe (the latest version, I've tried it with older versions with the same problem), and the game freezes totally at the Squaresoft screen. I use hard saves in addition to save states (on occasion, usually at the beginning of a battle to start over so I don't have to sit through dialogue) so I thought I'd try killing off my party and getting to the title screen that way, or the reset trick. Both ended up freezing. I've tried all the video plug-ins too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or a way to get it to run on PSXfin because I've never had issues with any patches with this game on it.