• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:15:59 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Monster Sprites converted from other Games

Started by 3lric, December 01, 2011, 08:36:41 am

3lric

December 01, 2011, 08:36:41 am Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:34:51 pm by Elric42
These are some sprites I put together using spritesheets for other games found on spriters resource.
Keep in mind I suck at anything spriting and these are very little more then a simple cut and paste job.
Some may be sort of cartoony, but for anyone willing to look past that feel free to use them.
Also I can't guarantee that some may not be glitchy as I have only tested a few of them.
None of these have portraits either, if anyone knows where I can find concepts for these i would be greatful
Anyway, enjoy
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

December 01, 2011, 06:37:24 pm #2 Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:13:23 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on December 01, 2011, 03:23:20 pm
Ever play any of the Ogre Battle games?

Well I played Ogre Battle on PSX and N64 and I played Tactics ogre on SNES PSX and PSP
But unfortunately there are no sprites for them on Spriters Resource

EDIT: Since I'm running out of space for attachments in the first post i will put Palette Example here.

3lric

December 01, 2011, 09:14:06 pm #4 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:04:29 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on December 01, 2011, 08:47:23 pm
http://tsgk.captainn.net/?p=showgame&t=sy&sy=8&ga=316
http://www.houseofwacks.org/ogre/video.html
http://www.houseofwacks.org/ogre/Files/Profiles.zip
http://fantasyanime.com/legacy/ogrebattle.htm
^The last one may not have anything, but I saw stuff at the other links.

d(^^)b Thumbs up PGF I will definitely Check these out, since i had only just started doing this in some of my downtime yesterday i had only been to the one site  :mrgreen:
The only issue i forsee is that they don't have walking frames, but i will what i can do  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I also just posted a new one of Ifrit from Revnant Wings, I just need to fix up the colors a bit, but since there are a couple unused ones it shouldn't be extremely difficult

EDIT: Also Posted Ramuh from Revnant Wings now

CONMAN

Some of these seem pretty sweet and definately viable.  I'm not sure I would use too many these, but Ifrit looks awesome :D!
That sucker is going to have find it's way into my own game! :twisted:  I imagine we will need to make portraits for these guys, but still cool.

All around good job!!!
:more:

3lric

December 01, 2011, 10:46:53 pm #6 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:27:40 pm by Elric42
Quote from: CONMAN on December 01, 2011, 10:43:06 pm
Some of these seem pretty sweet and definately viable.  I'm not sure I would use too many these, but Ifrit looks awesome :D!
That sucker is going to have find it's way into my own game! :twisted:  I imagine we will need to make portraits for these guys, but still cool.

All around good job!!!
:more:

:mrgreen: thank you CONMAN, I've asked Kagebunji to gimmie some pointers in making the colors look better, I'm currently working on porting Espers in one of the sidequests in JoT5 we are going to have use for them so i need quite a few. Hopefully once i get better at matching up colors they will be more FFT-ish

And yea i suck at Portraits lol so unless someone is willing to work with me on them them it'll be a while, unless i just convert the Portraits for the Revenant Wings ones, since they don't look to bad, but the disgaea and phantom brave ones are harder to work with

EDIT: I also uploaded a partially done LOL Mario Spritesheet, No one should probably ever use it since it will look really wierd but i just thought it would be funny to do :P

GeneralStrife

You should at least try doing ports for these

3lric

December 02, 2011, 12:25:48 am #8 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:36:20 am by Elric42
Quote from: GeneralStrife on December 01, 2011, 11:56:19 pm
You should at least try doing ports for these

I intend to, but I want to finish the Sprite sheets i have going first (and there is quite a few) since its the same process over n over and gets faster every time. Instead of doing the sheet and possibly taking days to get to the next one because of working on a portrait.. If that makes any kinda sense at all

On a side note i just posted Odin From Revnant Wings, I may actually use their portraits from that. Haven't decided yet

Joseph Strife

Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Kagebunji

I told you in a PM what to do about the colors and RW sprites, so I won't repeat myself here. What surely needs some work is Odin, he is nice, but doesn't look FFT at all(the smallest monster, Uribo is bigger than him :/)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Kagebunji on December 02, 2011, 08:45:05 am
I told you in a PM what to do about the colors and RW sprites, so I won't repeat myself here. What surely needs some work is Odin, he is nice, but doesn't look FFT at all(the smallest monster, Uribo is bigger than him :/)

I can tell what you mean about Odin, and do you mean the person him self on the horse is smaller then Uribo? Becuase the Odin sprite itself takes up the entirety of almost every frame size wise

Kagebunji

Yes, I mean only Odin, without his horse. Also look at horses legs, they are quite funky if you ask me, but I dunno if you will fix it.

3lric

December 02, 2011, 09:10:29 am #13 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:54:50 am by Elric42
Quote from: Kagebunji on December 02, 2011, 09:00:12 am
Yes, I mean only Odin, without his horse. Also look at horses legs, they are quite funky if you ask me, but I dunno if you will fix it.

Well i will definitely "Attempt" to fix it :P, but it probably won't be for some time, normally i would just let it go, but we need the espers for a series of side-quests  :mrgreen:

Kaijyuu

I've always thought SMRPG Mario would fit oddly well as a FFT sprite.

Finish that one up someday.

3lric

December 03, 2011, 07:31:43 am #15 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:41:54 am by Elric42
Quote from: Kaijyuu on December 02, 2011, 08:46:49 pm
I've always thought SMRPG Mario would fit oddly well as a FFT sprite.

Finish that one up someday.

Lol I intend to, It's just the making him look FFT that will be the issue, and because most of the missing frames don't exist in Mario RPG, they would have to be drawn and since i suck at spriting it will be a while, my first goal is to fix up Ifrit

EDIT: Carbuncle uploaded with Portrait (but it's not good lol)

mav

Your stuff has a lot of potential. The palettes need some slight tweaks though, then they'll be perfect. Also, we need some legit portrait artists to get in on these things.

Kagebunji

*looks at Mav*, we have a skilled portraiter right here,hehe. It's been a while, how are you these days?

3lric

Quote from: mav on December 04, 2011, 02:01:11 pm
Your stuff has a lot of potential. The palettes need some slight tweaks though, then they'll be perfect. Also, we need some legit portrait artists to get in on these things.

Thanx Mav, and yea unfortunately with as little as i know about spriting i know even less about Portraits, but if someone should ever feel the urge to do one I would gladly help anyway i could

Uploading 2 more to main post right now.
1 is kinda a LOL sprite for the time being and the other is something i intend to use on one of the sidequests in JoT5

EDIT: Actually.. Make that 3

Kagebunji

I like how the Devil came out, FFt colors work well for it.

Though I don't know what to think of Agumon, it probably stand out the most, he and Mario both have first place here.