• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Mootheroo Says Hi To You

Started by Mootheroo, November 30, 2011, 01:51:04 pm

Mootheroo

G'Evening,

I'm Ziggy and Final Fantasy Tactics has always been one of my favourite games ever. But I haven't managed to finish it, when it originally came out. If I remember correctly, I got stuck somewhere without a back-up save. And later, I got sidetracked.

Recently, I wanted to finally come back to it and while doing research on the game online, I managed to come across this amazing website.

I am really astounded to see such an active, vibrant community for a game this old and have been really impressed with all the incredible work you have managed to put out, guys.

I'm very jealous too. My favourite game ever (Brigandine: Grand Edition) hasn't even been translated into English because nobody has yet managed to figure out the coding. :P

Can't wait to find out even more about your mods and maybe even about hacking the game (although I know nothing about programming so that isn't very likely to happen :P).

So, Hi!

3lric

Welcome to FFH!
And just because don't know about programming or anything like that doesn't mean you can't make a mod :). There are many wonderful tools here to help you achieve this goal
  • Modding version: PSX

Mootheroo

Quote from: Elric42 on November 30, 2011, 02:54:27 pm
Welcome to FFH!
And just because don't know about programming or anything like that doesn't mean you can't make a mod :). There are many wonderful tools here to help you achieve this goal

True, I'm just reading through the hacking forum and the Wiki and you've prepared loads of amazing tools indeed.

I'll probably be asking you lots of annoying newbie questions too. :oops:

Eternal

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!~
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Joseph Strife

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true. You will enjoy here, be sure to come into IRC.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Mootheroo

I don't want to start a new thread for what is a very short question, so thought I might as well place it here.

In the original PSX version, there are 12 special characters, including Ramza? Or 12 in addition to Ramza? Because I've seen both 12 and 13 mentioned online.

I am asking because I need to know whether I have 3 or 4 spots left for generics and monsters, before I start the game, so I can plan things out accordingly.

(I know I could find my answer in one of the FAQs but not having finished the game yet, I don't want to spoil myself and read about all the special chars)

3lric

Quote from: Mootheroo on November 30, 2011, 09:58:18 pm
I don't want to start a new thread for what is a very short question, so thought I might as well place it here.

In the original PSX version, there are 12 special characters, including Ramza? Or 12 in addition to Ramza? Because I've seen both 12 and 13 mentioned online.

I am asking because I need to know whether I have 3 or 4 spots left for generics and monsters, before I start the game, so I can plan things out accordingly.

(I know I could find my answer in one of the FAQs but not having finished the game yet, I don't want to spoil myself and read about all the special chars)

I thought the limit was 16? and there is also an ASM hack around here somewhere (Roster Hack IIRC) that makes it 20 i think

Mootheroo

Quote from: Elric42 on December 01, 2011, 01:01:02 am
I thought the limit was 16? and there is also an ASM hack around here somewhere (Roster Hack IIRC) that makes it 20 i think

Yes, the limit is 16 and Dome has posted the Roster hack, which allows you to use the four extra spots (although you'd want to leave two empty for the Guests).

I wanted to know how many special (non generic) characters join you throughout the game (I mean join you and stay so guests and those that leave after a while don't count).

Dome

If you recruit EACH Special character, plus Rad, Alicia, Lavian and Boco (Psx Version) you get exactly 16 characters (Full roster)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kaijyuu

Rad, Lavian, Alicia, and Boco have unique names and conversation text, but are otherwise regular generic units. Personally I don't keep Boco.

Dome

Quote from: Kaijyuu on December 01, 2011, 11:12:33 am
Rad, Lavian, Alicia, and Boco have unique names and conversation text, but are otherwise regular generic units. Personally I don't keep Boco.

Yeah, Boco sucks
FFT: Plus Boco is much better

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Mootheroo

Thanks a lot for your help, guys! :)

One last question: Can special units access all of the job classes? Or is that access limited for some/all of them?

Kaijyuu

Non-monsters can access every class (bard and dancer are still gender specific, though). Special humans have squire replaced by their own unique class.