• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:09:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

How to make someone join as a guest?

Started by 3lric, November 10, 2011, 09:28:13 am

3lric

I can have someone actually join, but how do i make someone join as a guest, such as Delita and Algus from chapter 1?

Also can i make someone join my party not as a guest without having to do the join up screen? eliminating the player from avoiding key characters?
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

Guests are based on, of all things, their Sprite ID.  Place their Sprite over a character that Guests normally (one form of Agrias, Gafgarion, Mustadio, Rafa, Chapter 1 Delita, Algus, etc.), then set their ENTD Join up like said character.   A unit not using those specific Guest-Sprite slots will NEVER Join As Guest without a specific ASM Hack Xifanie made, as far as I've tested.

As for making Characters Join silently - look at Gariland Military Academy's ENTD, when you get your starting 6 Generics.  Miming what's done there should do what you need.

RandMuadDib

To use join as guest, check the "save formation" box in the entd. And then to have them in the next battle you make a spot for them in the entd and click "load formation". I hadn't heard about needing them to be one of the special guest sprites, but I've never tried it either.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

3lric

Nyzer

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on November 10, 2011, 11:40:42 am
Guests are based on, of all things, their Sprite ID.  Place their Sprite over a character that Guests normally (one form of Agrias, Gafgarion, Mustadio, Rafa, Chapter 1 Delita, Algus, etc.), then set their ENTD Join up like said character.   A unit not using those specific Guest-Sprite slots will NEVER Join As Guest without a specific ASM Hack Xifanie made, as far as I've tested.

As for making Characters Join silently - look at Gariland Military Academy's ENTD, when you get your starting 6 Generics.  Miming what's done there should do what you need.

I'm not sure on either point there. I don't see anything special in the ENTD for the Gariland Academy for those characters, and I'm reasonably confident I managed to pull off getting a guest to join by doing just what RMD suggested. I didn't replace a slot normally used by a Join guest in the sprites, and I didn't write over a Join guest in any ENTD.

It may have been that I used a character who had the formation screen set up though (i.e. an overwritten Valmafra or something) so it's possible they don't join as guest unless they have a sprite slot in the Formation as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

November 12, 2011, 06:39:33 pm #5 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:11:36 pm by Elric42
I also have looked at the Academy as Raven suggested but there is nothing special about how those 6 generics are setup besides having join after evewnt tagged which for me doesnt work unless its a fight and then there is the Join Up screen so i dunno how to make people join without a joinup screen yet :/

This is good info tho, I'm going to have to try it out once i get to this point of my bug fixes for my demo lol

Pride

November 12, 2011, 08:20:02 pm #6 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:20:26 pm by Pride
Add...

{43}(r01)

To your event to make the units join without prompting. That should work.... Or its it r06? Its been a while...
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Nyzer

Quote from: Pride on November 12, 2011, 08:20:02 pm
Add...

{43}(r01)

To your event to make the units join without prompting. That should work.... Or its it r06? Its been a while...

They're both in the Academy event. r01 is near the end, but r06 is the second-to-last Instruction line. If that helps!

3lric

November 12, 2011, 08:31:02 pm #8 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:32:32 pm by Elric42
freakin awesome, Thank you soo much guys, this will fix one of the more irritating bugs in my demo.

Now i don't suppose there is a way to make it so you can't remove certain units such as with Ramza. Without a ASM hack? Since that's pretty much out of my ability

Nyzer

November 17, 2011, 03:07:06 pm #9 Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:08:17 pm by nyzer
Late thought on this but I'm fairly sure the ASM option exists to make you unable to buy any slaves recruit people from the Office. If you do that, couldn't you simply remove the Dismiss command entirely? Sounds like a good workaround if you can edit out that option.

3lric

Quote from: nyzer on November 17, 2011, 03:07:06 pm
Late thought on this but I'm fairly sure the ASM option exists to make you unable to buy any slaves recruit people from the Office. If you do that, couldn't you simply remove the Dismiss command entirely? Sounds like a good workaround if you can edit out that option.

My problem then would be how to get rid of the dismiss menu :P

Nyzer

At the very least you should be able to change the text on it. Change it from "Dismiss" to "F*** Up Your Game". After that change the dismissial text of any unit to say "are you really -that- dense? I hope you at least saved the game first."

Not as neat and tidy as totally removing the command but hey, any text that calls on a nonexistent unit freezes the game anyway.

If there's any way to edit the Formation Screen like you do with say, the events that cause Ramza's bravery to rise at the start of two battles, you could instead remove the Yes/No command, and set the conditions for Yes to be impossible to reach by text? Call it "Talk".