• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:23:29 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Fantasy Castle - at 514 York Street, Muskogee, Oklahoma - is a rip-off

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, October 28, 2011, 04:29:14 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

So I just got back from Fantasy Castle, at 514 North York Street, in Muskogee, Oklahoma.  I was trying to sell a Game Boy Advance SP, 24 games (including every Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Advance Wars, and Zelda game released for the GBA), a codebreaker, two wireless co-op adapters, and a GBA charging cable.  The old woman behind the counter wanted to give me $50 for the whole deal.  That's less than $2 a game/system/accessory.  I looked at what she's selling, and she sells GBA games for $15 and Final Fantasy 7 for $90.

This store is a rip-off, and the owners are scumbags.  DO NOT sell your games to them, and don't buy from them either - it's cheaper to buy online.

Kaijyuu

• Modding version: PSX

3lric

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Nah, I just want to google bomb them so every time someone types Fantasy Castle in google, they get this topic.  Did I mention they were selling Final Fantasy 7 for $90, and GBA games for $15 to $20?  I wouldn't be surprised if they were selling pirated games.

3lric

Yea i saw that its outrageous, I've never spent close to that on any copy FF7 and its still no where near that, even the non greatest hits version Isn't that rare, how do they get business? Do people just not check prices before buy things?

Eternal

Consider being in a normal parent's position. Little Joe keeps whining about wanting newest game X. Parent doesn't know much about video games, goes to nearest store. They'd buy it without doing research simply because they aren't familiar of competing prices. Therefore, they're more likely to be ripped off.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ethereal Embrace

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on October 30, 2011, 03:44:37 pm
Nah, I just want to google bomb them so every time someone types Fantasy Castle in google, they get this topic.  Did I mention they were selling Final Fantasy 7 for $90, and GBA games for $15 to $20?  I wouldn't be surprised if they were selling pirated games.

How do you google bomb something?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Ethereal Embrace on October 31, 2011, 10:15:38 pm
How do you google bomb something?

Get a lot of different web sites to link to it.  Since I linked to that one page in my sig - and therefore in all of my posts - that user review has jumped to the second hit that fantasy castle returns in google.