• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by 3lric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

MountainDew~

White Mage - 10 Action abilities; 4 cures, 4 revives, 3 supports.
            - 3 R/S/M, 1 of each.

(healer, support, good magical defense but lower hp)
Going with your Black Mage (no tier 1 skills)

Healing Spells

White Flame - 8 Mp
"Cauterize and bandage wounds of an ally with a holy flame"
Heals moderate Hp of one ally.

Lunar Rays - 12 MP
"The calm of the moon falls upon a group of allies"
Heals Moderate Hp to 1 AoE Target.

Blessed Hymn - 18 MP
"The Holy song can soothe any rabid warrior and restore all ability"
Restore Major HP, cast esuna, single target 3 range.

Radiate Life - 22 MP
"A true White Mage can restore even the gravest wounds"
Restore Major HP in 2 AoE around caster.

Revive Spells

Ashes - 8 MP
"Spread blessed ashes on an ally, restoring all senses."
(think Raise but 100%, instant, and adjacent)

Last Rites - 14 Mp
"Give an ally another chance"
Revive an ally at 5 range

Solar Rays - 12 MP
"The passion of the sun invigorates an ally"
Re-raise on one ally. 4 range

Holy Touch - 20 MP
"Blessed touch instantly removes all fear and erases all pain"
Life 2 on one ally Adjacent range, instantly

Support Spells

Inspiration - 14 MP
"Lessons from above can aid in protection of others"
Grants Regen and Esuna, 4 range, single target.

White Wings - 14 MP
"A vision of an angel can be better than any Remedy"
Esuna effect in 2 AoE, 4 range.

Divine Shield - 14MP
"Grant a proper shield in place of a flimsy piece of metal"
Protect/Shell 1 AoE 4 range.

R/S/M

R: Regenerate
S:Magic Def^
M:ManaFont

I'd understand if you found these skills to be "Odd" but I'm trying to stay as far away from vanilla FFT as I can.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

3lric

Quote from: MountainDew~ on December 02, 2011, 01:19:29 am
White Mage - 10 Action abilities; 4 cures, 4 revives, 3 supports.
            - 3 R/S/M, 1 of each.

(healer, support, good magical defense but lower hp)
Going with your Black Mage (no tier 1 skills)

Healing Spells

White Flame - 8 Mp
"Cauterize and bandage wounds of an ally with a holy flame"
Heals moderate Hp of one ally.

Lunar Rays - 12 MP
"The calm of the moon falls upon a group of allies"
Heals Moderate Hp to 1 AoE Target.

Blessed Hymn - 18 MP
"The Holy song can soothe any rabid warrior and restore all ability"
Restore Major HP, cast esuna, single target 3 range.

Radiate Life - 22 MP
"A true White Mage can restore even the gravest wounds"
Restore Major HP in 2 AoE around caster.

Revive Spells

Ashes - 8 MP
"Spread blessed ashes on an ally, restoring all senses."
(think Raise but 100%, instant, and adjacent)

Last Rites - 14 Mp
"Give an ally another chance"
Revive an ally at 5 range

Solar Rays - 12 MP
"The passion of the sun invigorates an ally"
Re-raise on one ally. 4 range

Holy Touch - 20 MP
"Blessed touch instantly removes all fear and erases all pain"
Life 2 on one ally Adjacent range, instantly

Support Spells

Inspiration - 14 MP
"Lessons from above can aid in protection of others"
Grants Regen and Esuna, 4 range, single target.

White Wings - 14 MP
"A vision of an angel can be better than any Remedy"
Esuna effect in 2 AoE, 4 range.

Divine Shield - 14MP
"Grant a proper shield in place of a flimsy piece of metal"
Protect/Shell 1 AoE 4 range.

R/S/M

R: Regenerate
S:Magic Def^
M:ManaFont

I'd understand if you found these skills to be "Odd" but I'm trying to stay as far away from vanilla FFT as I can.

I really like these ones
  • Modding version: PSX

Durbs

December 02, 2011, 04:21:49 pm #182 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:32:37 pm by Durbs
I really like your ideas, MountainDew. However, I am very fond of cycles and inverses. If we use the white mage, can you give a comparable (but opposite) black mage skillset? As for the Elementalist, I really like your FFTA route. For the red mage, I'd like to keep it the same concept- a mix of early black mage skills and early white mage skills, as well as having a few unique attacks. If you want to do that, feel free to pitch out a few ideas.

Though I really like the ideas, however, I also like the sequential order moves that are comparable steps up. The whole point of using step-up moves was so that there would be more order and balance. The skillset effects you have for the white mage seem too jumbled to me.

I do want to use the Elemental job for FFTA you have though; it is a more independent class from the others, and your moves can fit right in. :mrgreen:

3lric

MountainDew~

December 03, 2011, 12:49:40 am #184 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:44:34 pm by MountainDew~
I can...try? lol. I'll see what I got for black mage; but if I have nothing you can just switch WM to the opposite of black, problem solved :D

Also, WM was jumbled up because I tried not to give it anything that red mage had, as in a straight up "Protect" or "Haste" spell.

*edit* And here's the result. - 11 Action Abilties, 2 R/S/M

Action Abilities

Crystalline - 12 MP
"Encases a foe in ice, and then explodes the glassy ice"
Deals Moderate Ice Damage to 1 AoE

Scald - 12 MP
"Wild fires under a target causes severe burns"
Deals Moderate fire Damage to 1 AoE

Blitz - 12 MP
"Call down bolts of lightning to destroy your foe"
Deals Moderate Lightning damage to 1 AoE

Fire Circle - 16 MP
"Whirl fire so quickly, there will be no time to scream"
Deal Heavy Fire Damage to 1 AoE

Cold Stone - 16 MP
"Drop a massive block of ice on your foes and disturb all thoughts"
Deal Heavy Ice damage to 1 AoE

Electrostatic - 16 MP
"Lightning tears through foes at a molecular level, destroying nerves"
Deal Heavy Lightning damage to 1 AoE

Obliterate - 30 MP
"Wipe a foe from existence"
Deal Massive Non-elemental damage to one foe.

Cataclysm - 50 MP
"When elements collide, something new is created. None shall remain"
Deal Massive Non-Elemental Damage to 1 AoE

Virus - 18 MP
"Inject a deadly virus into the air, impairing foes"
Inflict Poison and Dark at 2 AoE

Circle - 18 MP
"Constrict opponents within a magical circle"
Inflict immobilize and Disable single target, 4 range.

Annihilate - 36 MP
"Strike foes with power as black as night"
Instantly Kill an opponent

R/S/M

R:MP Restore (on critical)
S:Magic Atk^
M:None

3lric

I like it MD  :mrgreen: lets once again see what Durbs has to say

On a side note, what do you guys think of this for Clouds 3rd skillset, they are pretty much ripped right from FF7 which shouldnt be an issue provided we change up some monster abilities
also some will be missable and can only be obtained from side-quests and/or bosses while some will just be regular ones, tho i haven't decided how one would get the healing spells from a enemy
unless we add a Steal Heart ability to the Rogue, since we won't have and Invite ability. Maybe give cloud a Manipulate ability in his second or third skillset that is the same as Charm? Thoughts? Ideas?

Job:       ??
Skillset:  Enemy Skill

1)Laser                     Halves the HP of one enemy
2)White Wind             Restores HP and status to all allies
3)Trine                      Lightning damage on all enemies
4)Shadow Flare          Big non-elemental damage on one opponent
5)Roulette                 Randomly uses [death] on opponent or Ally
6)Matra Magic            Non-elemental damage all enemies
7)Magic Breath           Fire/Ice/Lightning damage to one opponent
8)Frog Song              Causes[frog/sleep] on 1 enemy
9)Flame Thrower        Causes fire damage on 1 enemy
10)Dragon Force         Raises defense and Mdefense of one ally.
11)Death Sentence     Pronounces death sentence on 1 enemy
12)Death Force          Cast Re-Raise on one ally
13)Chocobuckle          Non-elemental damage 1 enemy
14)Beta                    Fire damage on all enemies
15)Angel Whisper        Revives, restores HP and status to one ally.
16)Big Guard              Uses [protect/shell] on all allies (VERY hard to get)

MountainDew~

I thought Frog Song was Poison/Frog, not Sleep/Frog?  I like the rest of 'em though.

A charm ability would be nice to have, but having it on Cloud's Skillset (the same skillset) would probably be for the best. Make it a higher JP cost learn, something like... 500?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Are you using the ARH or ALMA?  You could link Manipulate to a Psionic Crown helm or accessory, with a description like, "A charm used to amplify one's thoughts.  With it, you can broadcast your thoughts into another's mind."

3lric

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on December 03, 2011, 04:44:01 pm
Are you using the ARH or ALMA?  You could link Manipulate to a Psionic Crown helm or accessory, with a description like, "A charm used to amplify one's thoughts.  With it, you can broadcast your thoughts into another's mind."

Currently we intend to use ARH, ALMA, RAD 3, Gameflow Editor, and the Attack.out Conditionals tho I'm pretty shitty at understanding spreadsheets, Pokeytax has been very helpful in explaining them. What exactly does ALMA do btw? I have them all downloaded but have only done work so far with RAD 3, Gameflow and Attack.out, since i spend most my time on events until the ones for chapter 1 are complete

Lucifer_zero

ARgh... work, and college getting a little on my way, but some thing

1- For the White mage, i liked except for the costs ( that i think need some more on last ones, mainly on the close range Raise 2 )

2- For black, maybe use some diferences on elements, the low tiers i like bieng equals, but the higher one could have some more shine on they own ( like the usual Fire = Huge 1hit, Ice = AOE and Litghing = Fast Cast )

3- For the Enemy skills, i dont think that you need 16 skills, at most i think 10 is a good number, and from those 10, 6 could be from monsters and another 4 from the uniques that you shall cross on one time battles ( the side quests could be more linked to Cloud Main Job skills )

When i have time ill put my brain to work better here -_-
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

3lric

December 07, 2011, 03:15:36 am #190 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:36:27 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Lucifer_zero on December 05, 2011, 06:46:02 pm
For the Enemy skills, i dont think that you need 16 skills, at most i think 10 is a good number, and from those 10, 6 could be from monsters and another 4 from the uniques that you shall cross on one time battles ( the side quests could be more linked to Cloud Main Job skills )

Thank you for the thoughts Lucifer_zero and yea i can relate to being busy but your always welcome here  :mrgreen:, now one thing to keep in mind about the Blue Mage skills for Cloud, the reason there are so many currently is because

1. they are not that strong
2. in FF7 that actually had more then this
3. If i could use more the 16 skillslots he would actually have between 20-25
4. Reason for the above is that the player will not know which monster has or doesn't have them and we are going to have some sidequests with monsters from other games in which he will be able to get abilities from as well that aren't in normal battles. This way he doesn't get like 2 skills from every enemy

Joseph Strife

Well, for me it doesn't make much sense having lancer and brawler from red mage or white mage or any type of mage, i think we should have 2 base jobs, one that leads to "magical" jobs and another that leads to "physical" jobs, and of course we could have links between the sides with jobs that can use both strength and magic.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

3lric

Quote from: Joseph Strife on December 08, 2011, 09:46:41 am
Well, for me it doesn't make much sense having lancer and brawler from red mage or white mage or any type of mage, i think we should have 2 base jobs, one that leads to "magical" jobs and another that leads to "physical" jobs, and of course we could have links between the sides with jobs that can use both strength and magic.

Well after talking with Durbs we actually may not be using this method at all, but the general idea behind it is that the Red Mage only has average magic but also has average attack, so they could go either way.

Joseph Strife

It still doesn't make much sense to me. maybe renaming the jobs would make more sense for me though, i'll think of something
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Eternal

How about a simplistic six job tree for everyone. No job prereqs, you could change them at any time.

Brawler, Guardian, Healer, Sage, Arcanist, Rogue

Brawlers would focus on physical offensive attacks.
Guardians would focus on being tanks that can help ward away attacks.
Healers would focus on restoring HP, MP, and curing debuffs.
Sages would focus on offensive elemental magic, each element having a different gimmick.
Arcanists would focus on buffs/debuffs.
Rogues would focus on "stealth", and slowly crippling the enemy.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MountainDew~

Quote from: Joseph Strife on December 08, 2011, 09:46:41 am
Well, for me it doesn't make much sense having lancer and brawler from red mage or white mage or any type of mage,

Exactly what I thought when I looked at it, I wasn't sure if I was reading it wrong or something lol.

3lric

December 08, 2011, 03:37:26 pm #196 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:19:38 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Eternal248 on December 08, 2011, 12:37:24 pm
How about a simplistic six job tree for everyone. No job prereqs, you could change them at any time.

Brawler, Guardian, Healer, Sage, Arcanist, Rogue

Brawlers would focus on physical offensive attacks.
Guardians would focus on being tanks that can help ward away attacks.
Healers would focus on restoring HP, MP, and curing debuffs.
Sages would focus on offensive elemental magic, each element having a different gimmick.
Arcanists would focus on buffs/debuffs.
Rogues would focus on "stealth", and slowly crippling the enemy.

This is very similar to Durbs idea which would essentially be just an open job tree such as you mentioned

EDIT- One thing i wanted to mention and forgot to. We have received a lot of help from a lot of people now
especially when it comes to abilities. Anyone that wants to be officially considered part of the Jot5 team lemme know
and I will add you to the main post. This is only if you want to play a big part in the mod tho, if you feel you can take on
doing one specific thing that you are good at. And we still welcome all community feedback as it is where a lot if not most
of our ideas come from :mrgreen:

3lric

December 09, 2011, 01:49:35 am #197 Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:40:33 am by Elric42
Here's a small video i made after finally applying all the changes that pokeytax so kindly answered every single one of my million questions about using RAD 3. This is the Complete Generic Job wheel, I'm not showing abilities since they havent been made yet, but as you can see, Link, Cloud, Dante and Snake all only have 1 job, while the rest have all the generic jobs unlocked. So this is working exactly how it should for the time being, I'm not going to put this video onto the main post as of yet since it's not a huge update, but i thought some people may like to take a look  :mrgreen:

Joseph Strife

I like the idea of having a free job tree, that way you customize your people to fit better in some situation in battle and can focus only on lvling up and learning abilities. About the video, that job tree still doesn't make much sense to me, but i'm starting to get along with it, the sprites you used are realy good Elric. Maybe we could think of a few more job options to give the player more options in game and the lvling up last for longer in the game.

3lric

December 09, 2011, 07:28:33 am #199 Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:41:45 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Joseph Strife on December 09, 2011, 07:22:56 am
I like the idea of having a free job tree, that way you customize your people to fit better in some situation in battle and can focus only on lvling up and learning abilities. About the video, that job tree still doesn't make much sense to me, but i'm starting to get along with it, the sprites you used are realy good Elric. Maybe we could think of a few more job options to give the player more options in game and the lvling up last for longer in the game.

Adding anymore jobs would be quite difficult since I'm almost at RADS capacity since Link, Dante, Snake and Cloud each have 3 jobs of there own  :mrgreen:

Also the job tree probably looks weird just cuz you aren't used to it, because honestly the only one out of place is the Red Mage. As Lancer Stayed the Same, Priest is White mage, Wizard is Black Mage, Knight is Guardian, Monk is Brawler, Geomancer is Elementalist, Thief is Rogue. and they all stayed in there same spots, expect for Red Mage which replaced squire. It just looks most weird because Red Mage isn't next to the other mages and your not used to it yet :P

EDIT: Technically we could still have 5 more extra jobs in RAD 3, so either Link, Snake, Cloud and Dante could each have 4 skillsets instead of three, (which i don't really think is necessary) OR we could add up to 5 more classes (which is also don't think is necessary, since everything is pretty much covered in what we have except for things like math skills and such) but unless someone comes up with a REALLY good idea for some kind of NEW Generic Job I would still love to hear ideas on them. Otherwise the last 5 jobs will either not be used or will be saved for some secret characters later on  :mrgreen: