• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:39:45 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The greatest quote of all time

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, October 03, 2011, 07:39:55 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

October 03, 2011, 07:39:55 pm Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:40:37 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/03/al-qaeda-to-mahmoud-ahmadinejad-shut-up-fool/

QuoteIn their online English magazine, "Inspire," Al-Qaeda states:

"The Iranian government has professed on the tongue of its president Ahmadinejad that it does not believe that al-Qaeda was behind 9/11 but rather, the US government. So we may ask the question: why would Iran ascribe to such a ridiculous belief that stands in the face of all logic and evidence?"

DaveSW

wait.  Did a religious terrorist organization actually use the words 'logic' and 'evidence'?
I am awesome.

Kaijyuu

They always use such words; it's just that most of the time they're spouting bullshit.

Also, I don't think this is the greatest quote of all time. That honor would go to
  • Modding version: PSX

Basil Alvin

My all time favorite quote is:

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Top10 List

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I find it hilarious that one group of nutcases calls another group out on something, and in doing so benefits those who oppose both groups of nutcases.

GeneralStrife

It's okay, every member of Al-Qaeda  has a nice place in hell next to hitler.

Xifanie

And according to them, they will go to heaven.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kaijyuu

It's the same dude as the Christian god.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

YHWH = God = Allah.  They're all worshiping the same god, but each one thinks the previous ones lost god's favor and are no longer his chosen people.  Each one also believes that they alone are his chosen people, and everyone before or after is either wrong or will be integrated into their own system (actually, only muslims believe that last part - they think Jesus was just a prophet, and, when Muhammed comes back (or whatever), Jesus will be with him, and Jesus will be a Muslim).

Special mention for Jews - they don't actually have a heaven or hell the same way Christianity and Islam do.  Furthermore, as long as non-Jews follow a set of laws (which are mostly simple common sense things, along with some other odd things, but nothing REALLY crazy), they'll be okay in the afterlife or after Judgement Day or whatever.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy
Special mention for Jews - they don't actually have a heaven or hell the same way Christianity and Islam do.

What I find interesting is that for Judaism, the afterlife wasn't even a solidified concept until about 500 BC. Before that there was really only what was referred to as Sheol which means the dead place. No heaven, no hell, just the dead place.  If there was an afterlife was irrelevant to them.

Quote from: Pickle Girl FanboyYHWH = God = Allah.

Not sure if I totally agree on this. It'd be like saying FFT and FFT:WotL are the same.  They are the same, but they are not the same.  That was a woefully inadequate analogy, but you get what I'm saying, right?

Xifanie

Quote from: GeneralStrife on November 09, 2011, 04:22:39 am
Allah can suck my cock

Let's be fair: the Christian god can suck muslim's cocks.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

November 09, 2011, 05:50:26 pm #13 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:54:09 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Quote from: Kuraudo Sutoraifu on November 09, 2011, 12:28:58 pm
What I find interesting is that for Judaism, the afterlife wasn't even a solidified concept until about 500 BC. Before that there was really only what was referred to as Sheol which means the dead place. No heaven, no hell, just the dead place.  If there was an afterlife was irrelevant to them.

Which is part of why I like Judaism so much.  No preaching that, unless you respect my authorit-eye, you'll burn in hell forever and ever poked by demons oh sweet jesus the horror, the horror dot dot dot.  Just a set of rules, a bunch of stories, and millenia of religious, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and mystical traditions, constantly evolving and often at odds with one another.

Fun fact: the only people the Jews argue with more than Arab Muslims are other Jews.  I like that too.  They aren't monolithic, they aren't afraid to call bullshit on one another if one of them does something shitty, which is something I never see Christians do.

Quote from: Kuraudo Sutoraifu on November 09, 2011, 12:28:58 pmNot sure if I totally agree on this. It'd be like saying FFT and FFT:WotL are the same.  They are the same, but they are not the same.  That was a woefully inadequate analogy, but you get what I'm saying, right?

Keep in mind that there is absolutely no irrefutable evidence that either Jesus or Mohammed, or even Abraham ever lived, but just run with this for a minute:
*Mohammed announces his revelation.
*Jews and Christians in Mecca look at him.  "Hey, at least he's not a pagan, right?"
*Mohammed immediately tries to convert Christians and Jews.
*Christians and Jews reject Mohammed, either because he didn't worship the same god as them (which is the foundation for the Satanic Verses, as well as claims that Islam is satanically-inspired), or  because they didn't realize that he mean't the same god as them.  The distinction isn't clear, especially considering the Koran was written before the Arabs discovered puncuation.

It's like this.  Jews were god's chosen people, but then he dropped them when they killed Jesus (Muslims don't believe Jesus died on the cross, but they do think an imposter died in his spot, and Jesus later died almost a hundred years later in what is now Pakistan).  So then, Christians inherited the Chosen People status from the Jews (Muslims agree with this, but believe that Jews lost their status as god's chosen people because they were sneaky and stole all the money, while sacrificing children and drinking their blood - which should be funny as hell for anyone who knows what Kosher means).  So everything's fine and dandy (unless you're pagan) until Mohammed announces his revelation and is rejected by Christians.  Once they reject Mohammed, then - according to Muslims - god rejects them, and annoints Mohammed and his followers (Muslims, slaves of allah/god) as his new chosen people.

Quote from: Xifanie on November 09, 2011, 04:59:03 pm

I already have plenty of imaginary people I want to suck my cock, I don't need another one.  And the Palestinians plight is a direct result of their dependence on terrorism.  Don't believe me?  Then what about the Arab Spring?  They knocked out two dicators with nothing but protests, and another by force of arms with a little help from NATO.  No terrorism there.  Hopefully, the Palestinians will realize this and try something different for a change, instead of trying to be macho assholes and killing civilians.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

3lric

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on November 09, 2011, 05:50:26 pm
I already have plenty of imaginary people I want to suck my cock, I don't need another one. 

^I think this is actually the greatest quote of all time..

3lric

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Xifanie on November 09, 2011, 04:59:03 pm

I don't think so, I won't even say what I'm thinking.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

November 09, 2011, 06:24:11 pm #18 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:25:06 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Dude, could you change your sig?  Because anyone who's ever been to a Nascar race knows you don't make fun of the drivers for being drunken rednecks, you make fun of the fans at Nascar races for being drunken rednecks.  And then you run away from them while they throw unopened beer cans at you, laughing as you go.

Xifanie

Quote from: GeneralStrife on November 09, 2011, 06:14:55 pm
I don't think so, I won't even say what I'm thinking.

You think they're wrong and that you're right.
They think you're wrong that they they're right.
You are facing a mirror, yet think one is inferior to the other? I mean, it's all about belief, so... please tell us the difference?