• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:48:33 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

EsperBlades Job Thread (SpellBlade Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, November 24, 2008, 01:06:55 am

Archael

November 29, 2008, 06:20:58 pm #40 Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 06:37:43 pm by Archael
Ok man seriously

I had written this before but decided to erase it out of niceness

This is the Mercenaries forum

keep it to Mercenaries ideas and topics

it is not the place to ask how to do things, that's what the other forums are for

as for question 2 yes he did decide

boomkick

November 29, 2008, 06:33:33 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Couldn't we take names of weapons from other FF games and place them in this.

Flametongue for the Magma Blade
Deathbringer for Umbra

Just some examples.

Archael

November 29, 2008, 06:37:20 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
sure

dwib

November 29, 2008, 07:07:15 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "boomkick"Couldn't we take names of weapons from other FF games and place them in this.

Deathbringer for Umbra

Just some examples.

i like umbra

Zephyr

November 29, 2008, 09:11:45 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zephyr
I love umbra lol. Glacial egde and magma brand sound pretty good as well. I'm gonna agree with Dom and say the earth sword needs some Gaia.. maybe Gaia Forge?

The Damned

November 29, 2008, 09:17:24 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "boomkick"Couldn't we take names of weapons from other FF games and place them in this.

Deathbringer for Umbra

Just some examples.

Aren't those usually more "normal" Swords that have those names though and not KnightSwords? (Yeah, yeah, I know that technically Esperblades are regular Swords for the sake of Equip Sword.)

Not that I disagree with your suggestion. I'm just trying to remember, especially since I don't feel like trying to look through FFCompendium at the moment.

Too bad we can't use Ice Brand for Glacial Edge one.

Anyway, with regards to these weapons, do we yet know if some of them can be store bought? I'm just asking because LastingDawn's been busy enough to where he hasn't really described (understandably) what we should generally expect from the new missions/random encounters outside of Reliquirian/Antiquirian stuff.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

boomkick

November 30, 2008, 01:33:22 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Probably not, seeing as they are so strong themselves i would believe they would come from poaching, treasures, or steals. I like steals the most cause it is somewhat harder to get them.

Names are just names, not really applied to a certain type of item. A Flametongue could be a burning cloth for all you know :).

dwib

November 30, 2008, 02:17:53 am #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "boomkick"Probably not, seeing as they are so strong themselves i would believe they would come from poaching, treasures, or steals.

Quote from: "Voldemort7"WP: TRASH.

They WILL NOT be very powerful at all, so having a least some able to be store bought is reasonable

boomkick

November 30, 2008, 03:03:09 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Quote from: "dwib"
Quote from: "boomkick"Probably not, seeing as they are so strong themselves i would believe they would come from poaching, treasures, or steals.

Quote from: "Voldemort7"WP: TRASH.

They WILL NOT be very powerful at all, so having a least some able to be store bought is reasonable

Aren't they here just for the chance to summon? And aren't the summons strong?

dwib

November 30, 2008, 06:55:26 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "boomkick"Aren't they here just for the chance to summon? And aren't the summons strong?

summons are going to have effects other than just damage, so their strength will likely not remain as high. LD would know better than i would

Archael

November 30, 2008, 06:58:40 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
this guys offensive summons go off instantly

so im pretty sure they wont be as high powered

esp not with geomancy formula

The Damned

November 30, 2008, 07:52:17 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I just realized something.

If Esperblades are the "solution to Summoners", then does this mean they'll actually have summons independent from their swords? I'm asking this because it seems like they won't, but I just not realized that they currently don't seem to have any Active Abilities whatsoever.

That could just well be because we haven't been told anyway, but I can't really think of a non-generic class that this is focused on weapons so as to make a comparison.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

November 30, 2008, 08:10:39 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"I just realized something.

If Esperblades are the "solution to Summoners", then does this mean they'll actually have summons independent from their swords? I'm asking this because it seems like they won't, but I just not realized that they currently don't seem to have any Active Abilities whatsoever.

Of course they have Summons independent from their swords...

There's suggestions for their Active Abilities  all over this thread...

That LD hasn't decided on a final Skill Set is a different matter altogether  :D

The Damned

November 30, 2008, 08:14:59 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Ah, right.

I'm completely out of it this weekend--well, more so than usual--due to the flu. Sorry.

Archael

November 30, 2008, 08:30:33 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
the summons they can use with their swords (if they are out of MP or decide to go for the 50%) are Summons '
which are unique to the Swords and will not be in the skill set, though

The Damned

November 30, 2008, 08:48:58 pm #55 Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:07:15 am by The Damned
Oh, I had realized that part. That's actually what was confusing me since I had forgotten about the active abilities discussed earlier.

I was like "So they can only use Summons based on their swords? What happens if their weapon breaks? Or do they have Innate Maintenance?"

Archael

November 30, 2008, 11:59:12 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "The Damned"Oh, I had realized that part. That's actually what was confusing me since I had forgotten about the active abilities discussed earlier.

I was like "So they can only use Summons based on their swords? What happens if they're weapon breaks? Or do they have Innate Maintenance?"

breaking their sword would royally screw them though

they need those swords to use the skillset (and those swords only)

it's going to be the only job to equip them

outside of learning the Equip Spell Blade skill (however god knows what LD will be naming that in the end)

their item type could end up being called something else

Archael

December 01, 2008, 07:46:21 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
ok the final list of what skills are in the skillset is in the main topic

IDEAS, GO!!

Moogle- 1 AOE, (MA+15%) Add: Charm OR Confuse OR Sleep

Shiva - 2 AOE (MA+60%) Cancel: Positive Statuses

Ramuh - 2 AOE (Weak Lightning Damage)

Ifrit - 1 AOE (MA+35%) Adds: Berserk

Silf- 3 AOE, (Weak Wind Damage)

Fairy - 2 AOE (MA+75%) Add: Regen

Midgar Zolom - 2 AOE (Weak Damage) 100% Add: Poison

Zodiac - 1 Panel - (Heavy Damage)

All M-Evadeable

The Damned

December 01, 2008, 08:43:02 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Voldemort7"ok the final list of what skills are in the skillset is in the main topic

Shouldn't that be "front page" instead of "main topic" since "main topic" is a completely different thread? [/nitpick]

Anyway, the skillset looks good, except that Fairy shouldn't be evadable since it's a Buff and maybe it should heal a bit. Then again, the point of "getting rid of" Summoners was because they do basically everything but Raise people (and between smart use of Golem and Carbunkle, it was extremely easy to prevent people from dying, at least in vanilla), right?

Other than that, Moogle's hit rates seems a lot lower than it should be, especially for something that doesn't do direct damage, affects only one entity AND is M-Evadable dodgable. Similarly, Shiva may be a bit too high.

Archael

December 01, 2008, 08:57:02 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
M Evadeable only applies to offensive spells...

friendly targeting spells do not check for M EV bro

forget the numbers, it's the ideas that we wanna look at

numbers can be changed in 2 seconds