• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:38 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

A little help with ARH 1.32

Started by Heisho, September 29, 2018, 07:12:07 pm

Heisho

Hello there!

I'm trying to use this version since it has more customizable options, but I'm seeing something that I don't understand.
The AND/OR are like conditionals, for lets say
Zodiac // Total JP for summoner = (JP for Lv8)  AND  (X item)  OR  Job (Serpentarious)

Will this means that when reaching  JP and having the item equipped will enable the skill? And by having the Serpentarious job will also enable it without the former requirements?

Also when applying the (=) I cannot add any value that starts with number 1 (01, 1F, 1FF, etc) or an error happens

I unhide all columns to check for errors and in some colums the error #NUM! appears if (=) is present.

I know this might not be for newbies, but a least a little instuctions would help to see what knowledge I'm lacking or what I'm doing wrong

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

Regards
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Xifanie

I don't think those work. I forgot who added those...
Regardless the last version that I made, for version 1, was 1.1.
ARH2 is far more flexible, but you also need to be able to ASM, and I canceled its release (just like 10 other of my tools), because no one bug reports.
What's funny is that even mentioning this, the 2 people that I dared give a try to (as in: "I'll give you my tool if you bug report"), never exactly reported anything... just like everyone else. 8D

Elric is, on his own, responsible for 95% of all the bug reports I've ever received for any tool, and only the tools he was personally using. Thanks best buddy.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Heisho

Quote from: Xifanie on September 29, 2018, 08:01:37 pm
I don't think those work. I forgot who added those...

Well this is sad. I really needed this to work. I was in the middle of a way to get more skill slots available by removing the first skills of all monsters (which is a regular attack for most of them) and create a sole skillset for the whole type (like chocobos) and use the hack from another member of adding the Attack skill, then by creating conditions each tier would have the skills available to them without creating a skillset for each one, the skills will enable for each tier according to conditions.

I thought of using this and make a skillset to each monster but according to my findings the skillset names section for TacText has a limit (that I reached) and adding names to each one of them would result impossible. This would leave a skillset without names and will look not nice.

If you have spare time perhaps this idea might help you to test this tool you talk about.

Anyway I think I should start thinking of a workaround for this.

Xifanie

I don't know if those strings will be available, but the max entry # for any section is 1024.
No, Tactext doesn't allow you to go past that with its GUI, but you can go beyond that if you edit the .ffttext file, or even better, use my FFTText Editor. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11204.0

But whatever you planned sounds pretty complicated and doesn't sound possible to me... at least not super-sleep-deprived me.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

3lric

Elric is, on his own, responsible for 95% of all the bug reports I've ever received for any tool, and only the tools he was personally using. Thanks best buddy.

You got it sis ;)

xjamxx

What's funny is that even mentioning this, the 2 people that I dared give a try to (as in: "I'll give you my tool if you bug report"), never exactly reported anything... just like everyone else. 8D

Well it happens a lot :cry:. Is really hard to find free ppl for bug report, and i really suck at debugging (even my own work) ...

Yet your work with FFT is amazing (i think i fall short), i don't think i can give this community anything worth.

Anyway I spent, still do, some time at the wiki over the CD Index, reading routines of battle.bin and scus there. Most is fine though there are some errors yet i didn't edit them, fearing that if you see a lot of anonymous activity you would have rolled back.
<Random> This seems to be a PSX issue.
<Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.

Xifanie

Quote from: xjamxx on September 29, 2018, 08:47:48 pm
Well it happens a lot :cry:. Is really hard to find free ppl for bug report, and i really suck at debugging (even my own work) ...

Yet your work with FFT is amazing (i think i fall short), i don't think i can give this community anything worth.

Anyway I spent, still do, some time at the wiki over the CD Index, reading routines of battle.bin and scus there. Most is fine though there are some errors yet i didn't edit them, fearing that if you see a lot of anonymous activity you would have rolled back.

Well that's a pretty lame reason to not contribute :v
I've only ever rolled back spambots. Not only would I not rollback but I can also create you an account so that you can have proper credit for your edits.

3lric

Quote from: xjamxx on September 29, 2018, 08:47:48 pm

There is always plenty that you can contribute if you are dedicated to doing so. Many of the ASMers are no longer around as much as they used to be, except for Glain, and Xif and Glain shouldnt have to make everything on their own :P

If you are looking for something to do, I can always put you to work xD

xjamxx

Quote from: Elric on September 29, 2018, 09:12:27 pm
There is always plenty that you can contribute if you are dedicated to doing so. Many of the ASMers are no longer around as much as they used to be, except for Glain, and Xif and Glain shouldnt have to make everything on their own :P

If you are looking for something to do, I can always put you to work xD

Sure, why not. But don't like: "hey, do a hack roaster" it is still out my league for now. Attached is a sum of my work (rewrotes of ideas or old hacks, i don't claim anything):
<Random> This seems to be a PSX issue.
<Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.

Heisho

Quote from: Xifanie on September 29, 2018, 08:37:01 pm
I don't know if those strings will be available, but the max entry # for any section is 1024.
No, Tactext doesn't allow you to go past that with its GUI, but you can go beyond that if you edit the .ffttext file, or even better, use my FFTText Editor. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11204.0

But whatever you planned sounds pretty complicated and doesn't sound possible to me... at least not super-sleep-deprived me.

Ok just for your consideration, the topic I made earlier regarding the error from TacText was also triggered when going over 5830 Chars Width, in fact adding a single char over that amount triggered it, so I'm unable to add a lot of new names since I'm almost at the limit, so 48 new skillset names might not work, and yes I'm using your Editor, in fact it's really useful. However it won't matter if we can add text on skillsets beyond slot BC.

Regarding the conditionals on skills what I meant was something like this.

Chocobo
Choco Cure --> Enabled for 1st and 2nd tiers
Choco Pellets --> Enabled for 2nd and 3rd tiers
Choco Esuna --> Enabled for 2nd and 3rd tiers
Choco Meteor  Enabled for 2nd and 3rd tiers
Choco Something --> Enabled only for 3rd tier

That way with only one skillset the 3 tiers can use all skills.

Xifanie

Reminds me that I don't think ARH v1 affects the AI because I just... forgot to code it. :x
So things would likely get very ugly, very fast.

Heisho

So if I add a skill to ARH and AI tries to use "fun" happen?
Ot they just ignore the conditions and goes ahead?