• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:15:51 am

FFT 1.3 Sprite Changes

Started by Infernangelis, July 21, 2018, 08:14:47 pm

Infernangelis

Hello all!
Today I was able to download an emulator so I can play FFT, specifically 1.3. I am not the best with computers but after alot of trials, I finally was able to get the patch running. If it helps, I used PPF O Matic to patch the original .bin file with the patch. This is all new to me so I feel like you should know what I did in order to help me answer my question.
I want to play FFT 1.3 with custome sprites. I'm not interested in making my own, just to maybe download the various ones people have made and put it into the game. The simple side of me thinks I can just download a file, and then use PPF O Matic to select the downloaded file and patch it into the .bin file, but I somehow think it is not that easy since there is not way for me to select which character I would like to change. I saw guides but they all seem to involve me editing the sprite itself, which I do not want to personally do. Can someone help me point at a right guide or just explain the steps if it is simple enough? Thank you for hearing me out.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

1.3 is not supported here. It's not even supported on its own website last I checked either.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Infernangelis

I see, no problem. However I think the way to edit sprites in game would remain the same.

I downloaded FFT Patcher and that came with a bunch of files along with Shishi Sprite Editor. The problem I'm having is when I open the app, I go to File, Open ISO, select .bin file of FF Tactics, but nothing happens. It says it loaded since if I try to open it again, it says the file is in use. But I can't do anything on the Shishi. Everything is blank and unselectable. I'm sure I am missing a simple step.

Mrfuzzy

When I tried using a patched game on shishi it didnt work

But yeah 1.3 isn't supported here so no one here will have the answer I'm afraid

3lric

If a mod isnt padded properly, you will have this issue after patching, ie: not working in shishi.

There is a tutorial for proper ppf creation that shows you how to properly pad the iso with zero bytes, which should fix the issue. 1.3 was not done correctly (surprise surprise)

Nyzer

Yep, that's what I suspected might be the case. It's possible to accidentally (or deliberately, if you want to be a bit of a control freak) break the patch so the FFH tools don't work with the patched ISO.

And since 1.3 isn't supported here, I couldn't really answer whether that was the case or if you'd simply done something incorrectly.

The mod's author was also infamously unreachable for a very long time when his entire website was broken and none of the admins had access to the tools they'd need to fix it  - before he returned to demote them for a few days, then axe the site entirely - so we couldn't even try to ask him about it if we wanted to.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Infernangelis

Well thank you for everyone's input. Definitely helpful!