• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:21:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Trying to figure out an asm formula

Started by RavenCurow, April 14, 2018, 08:20:39 am

RavenCurow

April 14, 2018, 08:20:39 am Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:54:32 am by RavenCurow
So I'm trying to figure out this asm formula to get the status on the formula and I can't seem to figure the math. So I set x to 27 and that gives me the status block that looks like this

0x80 -
   0x40 - Crystal
   0x20 - Dead
   0x10 - Undead
   0x08 - Charging
   0x04 - Jump
   0x02 - Defending
   0x01 - Performing

Now the status that gets added is the Y value and so you plug that number in. Where it gets complicated is that Y will add multiple statuses to the formula because it adds the statuses together. For example if I put in 1 I'll get performing. 2 will get defending. But 3 will get both defending and performing. Now I want to just have Undead, but putting in 10 will of course get me defending and charging. So I'm not exactly sure what number to use to get what I need.

Edit: After much trial and error I came upon the correct number which is 16. I'm still not quite sure why that number is correct. The only reason I made a guess at it is because all of the statuses before it combine to 15 so I tried 16 which I figured was just as likely to get me Undead, jump, and defending.
  • Modding version: PSX
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?

Glain

The 0x prefix designates a hexadecimal (base 16) number.  Place value is based on 16, not 10.  0x10 = 16 * 1 + 0 = 16.
Each number is double the previous, and represents a different bit inside the status byte.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenCurow

Oh okay. I was thinking 0x10 was A lol. Shows how much I've picked up. Thanks for explaining that.
  • Modding version: PSX
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?