• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:09:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Having trouble starting up FFTorgASM

Started by justainm, December 26, 2017, 03:18:02 pm

justainm

Hi, so I looked through the threads to find some information and maybe it's just me and computer illiteracy  Sorry if this is inconvenient.  I am not a programmer of any variety. 

When I go to open FFTorgASM I get the message in the attached png file.  Am I putting it in the wrong directory perhaps or is there something about my computer it doesn't like?
  • Modding version: PSX

Pride

That error looks like your windows doesn't like it but I'm not computer savvy enough to know any sort of fix to this.

But you can still apply patches without FFTorgASM, if you have excel you can use Xifanie's Spreadsheet template to upload the .xml and it can apply the patches to the iso or savestate. Or the old fashion way with a hex editor and cdmage.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

justainm

Wow!  That's amazing!  Thank you!  It bugs me that my computer won't run the standard set up, but I think doing ASM hacks this way might make me learn more anyway.  In addition, I tried downloading and running FFTorgASM to a different computer and it worked just fine!  Between your answer and the extra computer I think my problem is solved.  Thank you again!

Xifanie

It might just be that your .NET version is too old on your first computer
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bonesy

Quote from: Xifanie on December 27, 2017, 01:20:36 pm
It might just be that your .NET version is too old on your first computer

i am willing to bet that is the problem; even with SP1 on w7 you still need to download and update .NET to whatever the latest version 7 supports
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

justainm

That was it.  My wife thought to check that too, when I asked her a couple days ago.  She saw that the version was higher than requisite for the program so ruled it out.  I just updated the .net and BAM, I'm in business!  Thank you Bonesy and Xifanie.

Bonesy

yeah when I was rolling w7 regularly updating .net became one of the first things i do

of course now my w7 laptop has Manjaro and my NUC has Windows 10 so I don't have to worry about that anymore lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386