• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

"You have received a warning".... December 21, 2016, 03:30:12 AM

Started by Tails_Doll_Prower, November 25, 2017, 04:09:26 pm

Tails_Doll_Prower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfDC4kYyIYA

Hi This Is TailsDollPrower and I know this was a year ago. This video I made on youtube to explain, what I did wrong. I'm confused to this warning, and why it is here. The video will provide some more in slightly details about asking what I did a year ago. Speaking is better is better in this issue rather then typing on my behalf. I do apologize in advance for whatever rule, and post it maybe.. But I'm confused on witch rule it is.

3lric

You received the warning for excessive necrobumping, this was explained in the notification you were sent.

Tails_Doll_Prower    December 20, 2016, 08:30:12 PM    
Necrobumping   +15

Warning points decrease one per day, so it would have been gone by janurary 4th of 2017.

Don't do it again and you have nothing to worry about...
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

I am baffled as to why you'd make an eight minute video to ask for clarification on a fairly straightforward Warning from a year ago. Shooting down necros isn't exactly uncommon forum behavior either.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tails_Doll_Prower

Quote from: Elric on November 25, 2017, 06:16:14 pm
You received the warning for excessive necrobumping, this was explained in the notification you were sent.

Tails_Doll_Prower    December 20, 2016, 08:30:12 PM    
Necrobumping   +15

Warning points decrease one per day, so it would have been gone by janurary 4th of 2017.

Don't do it again and you have nothing to worry about...

Sorry I apologize, this is the first time hearing the term "NecroBumping" I apologize for this mistake. I'll reread the rules in advance.. But thanks for telling me this, I'll do better to put better input on things.

Tails_Doll_Prower

Quote from: Nyzer on November 25, 2017, 07:38:34 pm
I am baffled as to why you'd make an eight minute video to ask for clarification on a fairly straightforward Warning from a year ago. Shooting down necros isn't exactly uncommon forum behavior either.

Well I didn't have very much knowledge of necrobumping, I read the rules 3 years ago. But I not saying the rules you have here are unfair. Just out of respect. If I knew what post it was from it would only help to do that less in the future. As I said this is your guy's site and domain as much I can respect. Just as much as you respect. I relooked and got confused in some places. Just needed a better understanding of what I did.

I'm have Aultism..not trying to use it as a excuse.  so things to may sound straight forward can be confused with something else. just me put a Post I did from the forum and showed what I did wrong.. That would help me follow the rules here more delegately. I'm not mad just needed a explanation of. That's just my stand point on the admit side and the person who uses this site.

3lric

It was because you were posting in a couple different threads in a short time, more than one of which hadn't been posted in in many years. This is necro bumping.

While I understand that some threads may contain information that seems relevant to your current question. If you noticed it hasn't been posted in in over a year, (or 5) it's better to just make a new topic rather than bringing back an old one. Not only because the people who originally posted in said thread, are likely not even on the site anymore, but because in the last few years many changes and additions have been made to the tools we have available here on the site, much of that info is very outdated. It's much easier to help with questions and troubleshooting when everyone is on the same page with the resources available.
  • Modding version: PSX

Tails_Doll_Prower

Quote from: Elric on November 26, 2017, 03:15:50 am
It was because you were posting in a couple different threads in a short time, more than one of which hadn't been posted in in many years. This is necro bumping.

While I understand that some threads may contain information that seems relevant to your current question. If you noticed it hasn't been posted in in over a year, (or 5) it's better to just make a new topic rather than bringing back an old one. Not only because the people who originally posted in said thread, are likely not even on the site anymore, but because in the last few years many changes and additions have been made to the tools we have available here on the site, much of that info is very outdated. It's much easier to help with questions and troubleshooting when everyone is on the same page with the resources available.

Ok I see what Necrobumping is. I will do my best to avoid it.

Also, to make a new thread post in the others forums if I haven't seen much activity from the others. But I understand, that getting a crew from others here, and yes I understand it can get complicated when someone leaves, just to get someone else to help. However there beyond on our control. But from what I know, you guys literally build this community from the ground up.

I enjoyed the mods here, I thank you guys for doing this for us to play. I look forward to playing JOT5 if it's not canceled and I understand for how much time you put in the first chapter.

Thank you for your time Admit: Elric