• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:36:13 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTacText error when loading a file

Started by Heisho, August 09, 2017, 02:03:10 pm

Heisho

Hello everyone.

After editing one of the files and tried to load it on FFTacText it gave this error message:

Error loading file: Exception of type 'FFTPatcher.TextEditor.InvalidStringException' was thrown

I already tried in all versions of TacText that I have with the same result. Anyone have an idea about it since I cannot see where the error is, and also after I finish with this error I have to deal with the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

nitwit

Can you upload the original and modified file in a zipped folder?

Heisho

I can but after work (12am CST) I believe it has something to do with a few entries. But I cannot identify them at the moment. In the meantime I'll check it again and upload it as soon as i can

Xifanie

FFTPatcher.TextEditor.InvalidStringException should be caused by well, an invalid string. I'm guessing you already used the invalid string detection feature in my spreadsheet, so I'm going to suggest eliminating files to save to the .ffttext file, half by half. So if the first half of the files patch fine, you know the problem is in the second half. Keep going like that until you identify the culprit file. After that, well, it's mostly a matter of trying to figure out which string in that file is causing the problem... personally I'd just wipe one section by one or something. Of course after making a backup.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Heisho

I used the scan for invalid characters. Unless you are talking about something else I havent found that option. Im using version 1.01

Xifanie

Settings Page. It's been there from the very first version.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Heisho

Sorry for being annoying but I dont see anything related to check invalid strings on the Settings tab and the add ins ribbon also dont show anything when browsing that tab.

Xifanie

...I think you misunderstood my post. I gave you a way to figure out the problem by elimination.

3lric

You need to uncheck a few of those at a time and make a new patch and try to patch again with tactext (version .457) until you can narrow down where your issue is at, once you have the specific section figured it, it'll be much easier to find the issue by removing a few entries at a time until you find out either the culprit or that you hit a space limit.

Heisho

August 09, 2017, 11:24:24 pm #9 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:26:24 pm by Heisho
Got it. I think I might maxed out text. I 'll check it once I got off work.

EDIT: Found the issue, silly me wrote {Color00} without the space.

Now i only need to resolve the issue of this message: "object reference not set to an instance of an object"