• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ASM Requests

Started by The Damned, October 29, 2014, 09:16:45 pm

Randombartz

Pride's formulas are working perfectly. Thanks for the help everyone!
  • Modding version: PSX

Randombartz

I really liked the "apply defense" patch by Glain. I was thinking, however, if it would be possible to actually show the values of damage reduction in-game. One possible solution I thought would be to substitute S-Evasion for Equipment-Evasion (I.E. I have a shield with 50% evasion and a mantle with 50% evasion, so the E-Evasion displayed would be 75% (50% x 50%), that would leave the A-Evasion space free to show the damage reduction %. Would it be possible to do so by ASM?

Heisho

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if somebody knows a way to change the Formula 44 that instead of using the target's MP use the caster's MP, or better yet, the caster's HP.

Thanks to anybody who can help
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Rfh

Quote from: Heisho on December 10, 2017, 10:20:41 pm
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if somebody knows a way to change the Formula 44 that instead of using the target's MP use the caster's MP, or better yet, the caster's HP.

Thanks to anybody who can help

With a hex editor, in BATTLE.BIN change at 0x11FE58 98 by 94

If you also want use caster's HP instead of caster's MP also change at 0x11FE64 2c by 28
  • Discord username: rfh

DeNarr

I had an idea for a way to make sticking as various jobs more interesting / appealing, just not sure if it's possible. Basically, I'd want for any class to automatically have any support/movement skill it learns, without having to equip it. You'd only need to equip support/movement skills of classes that are different.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

You can already set that in the Patcher. Up to four Innate Support or Movement skills per Job. And it's better to do so anyway considering some skills cause issues when stacked.

DeNarr

Hmm, that is close, but not quite. Because I wanted classes to still have to learn the ability, not just get it for free. Just once they learn it, they don't have to worry about using up a slot for it.

Quillbeatssword

January 23, 2018, 10:22:17 am #187 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:19:46 pm by Quillbeatssword
I need help making a formula that rewards high
Faith with increased magical damage AND defense
And high brave with increased damage AND Physical defense

Ex- Fire 1 damage (Ma*y)
So if MA is 5 and Y is 6 you'd normally take around 30 damage. If your faith is 70 then your total damage would be 30+70%. 70% of 30 is 21 so now your damage total is 51. If your targets faith is 74 they would take -74% of that damage around 13.2. but if their faith is 45 they would take -45% so 28.5

Longsword damage 8 (PA*Y)
PA 6 total damage 48
Caster brave 61 48+61%=77.2
Target Brave= 34 77-34%=50.8 or 51

Overall I think this mod would involve two things. Changing the attack formulas for magical to use +Caster faith%
Physical to use +Caster Brave %

Then changing the effects of brave and faith according
Or just eliminate the effects of brave and faith and add the -Target B/F to all the equations
Could also somehow be added to Poison and Regen etc +Cast faith % which would make Poison really hurt depending on who put it on you
IDK if % can be used to calculate the damage but I'd prefer it over a flat +caster -Target because it would scale better I think because it's a % of total damage instead of a flat amount.
The idea overall is to help scale the damage spikes in this game while making characters have clear advantages and disadvantages due to brave and faith With flat amounts
PA 6 total damage 48
Caster brave 61 48+61%=77.2
Target Brave= 34 77-34%=50.8 or 51
Would become 48+61=109-34= 75 which wouldn't be bad either but when you start factoring in more PA and Stronger weapons or even attacks like sword skills and Monk attack you would still be doing rediculous damage at higher levels compared to the HP cap.
I want my mod to have truly strategic battles not quick battles with people being killed in a single hit.

Here's an example of the scaling at Max AP
PA 99 total damage 792
Caster brave 61 792+61%=1275
Target Brave= 34 1275-34%= 842
842 against someone with 34 brave
383 against someone with 70 brave
819 regardless of brave using vanilla formulas
You can actually have a tank without having to
Rely purely on high Evasion

Please and thank you I've been modding games in general for years. FFT in particular for around the last year. Haven't messed with formulas though.

I'm in the process of putting the finishing touches on my new rebalance and this is "fingers crossed" a necessity if it can be done.

I have used the asm mod FURY but Its the opposite of what I'm looking for i want low F/B punished and high F/B rewarded
This will make talk skill invaluable
I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.

Nyzer

First, that's not really making a formula, that's reworking the entire mechanics of Faith and Bravery. Granted, I know nothing at all about either process, but offhand, the latter sounds considerably more complicated.

Second, you're missing the entire point of the Fury mechanic. By assigning "high defense" to the low value, both high and low Bravery are useful, the same way Faith works. This keeps those stats balanced.
If you're just going to make 100 the best number for both offense and defense, I'd have to ask why you even bother including the stats at all.

Quillbeatssword

January 24, 2018, 02:13:02 am #189 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:34:57 am by Quillbeatssword
Same way that Fury reinvents brave.
Only difference is I want brave to be a reflection of combat skill and faith would be talent with magic. Someone with high Brave will be better at attacking AND defending themselves. People with high Faith would have more knowledge on the use of magic and do more damage therefore understand how to protect themselves against it as well. Just something I feel would be fun and want to use in my patch if possible. Something different from the other mods.
Instead of brave and faith consider them Combat and Magical Aptitude

Side note. On the subject of Fury. That mechanic makes a little more sense to me after you put it how you did.
In other words it becomes a meeter of how aggressive you are vs how defensive? So high brave is high damage output and high damage received and vice versa? Exactly like faith?
I was confused. The bit of time I used it the mechanic seemed broken.
As an example I didn't fully understand it and dropped an enemy down to 0 brave using a mediator that was set to save fading life. Next thing I know my a.i stopped attacking him and just spammed yell and defend. I took direct control and seen that no matter who I hit home with my damage was 0 and he was hitting for roughly 2x the damage of my nights. So.. maybe I discovered a bug then.

Either way. It's an alright mechanic. I'm just curious how well mine would work.
I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.

Guru

I've always really liked the concept of fury, and that would probably be a great reference for making a similar asm. Personally I think you would be forced to rely on the talk skill a little too much in the scenario you mention though. I think having one end of the spectrum be dedicated to defense and one to damage balances out the system a lot. When you think about it low faith/brave having higher defense makes sense actually, fear is good sometimes.

For high brave... they are reckless but show no fear in the face of danger, so they would be able to attack recklessly and without fear of harm, therefor doing more damage. They would also be less likely to worry about attacks harming them, thus end up taking more damage. Kind of like when people say you are either brave or incredibly stupid.

For low brave... they are cowardly in a sense, so they would be afraid to attack and would attack cautiously while fearing for their safety, so less damage. Not being as reckless and having constant fear in battle, they would most likely be completely focused on defense and would therefor concentrate on taking less damage.

Faith would work the same, except the faithful rely on their faith to god(s) or whatever their faith entails. Those who have little faith in a deity protecting them would probably be more defensive. I know I won't be walking into a flaming building without some kind of protection, because I don't think there is some greater power that will shield me from the flames lol. 

Quillbeatssword

I get how it works and it is a good system. But I did figure out that dropping someone's brave to zero makes them take no damage period. Which is way lame.
Like I said. Everyone has a preference though and it's not quite what I'm looking for that's why I made the request for a different system. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

Guru

Quote from: Quillbeatssword on January 24, 2018, 02:48:29 pm
I get how it works and it is a good system. But I did figure out that dropping someone's brave to zero makes them take no damage period. Which is way lame.
Like I said. Everyone has a preference though and it's not quite what I'm looking for that's why I made the request for a different system. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

I would assume no damage on zero brave is a bug, I can't imagine her making that intentional. 

I was explaining why it makes more sense, in my opinion anyways, not how it works. I don't even know how it works, it's xif magic. I just can't see this being viable in terms of balance. The player would just max out all their character's brave/faith and the battles would consist of spam brave/faith lowering. The only way I could see this working if you offset brave/faith with eachother, so 70/30 brave/faith and when one is increased, the other is decreased. Just my two cents anyways.

The fury hack would probably make a good base for whatever you do though, at least with the brave portion, just need to modify it to your needs.

Nyzer

Yeah, if Br/Fa had a combined cap of 100 the mechanic would be amazing for balance.

But like Guru said, your method just seems horribly imba. And not in a fun way IMO.

Another potential workaround for your idea would be to set everyone to 50/50 (or some other "combined cap of 100" mix) by default, disable permanent alteration, and have a larger number & more variety of combat Br/Fa alteration. That way you're never sending in pre-maxed units, it's all about combat buffs. It seems like it'd make those buffs too crucial, but it's MUCH more viable than your plan just as is.

Quillbeatssword

Is there a spreadsheet for adding in new formulas or is it all done through hex?

Pride

You'd have code new stuff in asm if you can't find what you need already created in FFTorgASM
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Quillbeatssword

Is it possible to make items innate? I know you can use the asm make skillset x innate but does it work? Maybe reducing all the item skills JP costs to 0?
I'm considering making items usable by everyone and just eliminating throw item and maybe adding a low CT to item usage somehow. Anyone ever tried this?

Quillbeatssword

Has anyone tried to make oil proc like Poison? Call it burn damage or something but keep oil coloration.

Quillbeatssword

Has anyone used the Unknown 1 and Unknown 2 Damage reduction ASM? I tried using it and got a bug where nobody could do damage to anyone wearing modified equipment :/ does it have a cap or something? How is this % calculated?

Quillbeatssword

PA*(BRAVE/100)*PA
and
PA*(BRAVE/100)*WP
Already exist but has anyone made some to match that for magic?
MA*(FAITH/100)*MA
and
MA*(FAITH/100)*WP

?? If so could you direct me to the location of that hack if you know of it.
Thanks.