• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Tester's Report: Text

Started by Cheetah, September 04, 2009, 01:28:27 pm

Vanya

I believe the holy swords skills' data i set up correctly, but there is some glitch that prevents them from taking those elemental settings into account.
Zodiac made an asm patch to fix that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

TRC

Quote from: "RandMuadDib"Orly? I just started up a new patch and looked at them. They're all holy, and Lightning Stab/Hallowed bolt also has lightning. I also imported a freshly patched version of FFT:C and found the same thing.

Well, FFT 1.3 or whatever patch might have changed it, but in the original, the  holy swordskills were bugged and didn't actually have the elemental properties that the description said that they did. They simply took on elemental property of whatever weapon they had equipped. The computer however is not aware of this which is why they will not attack you with holy swordskills if have a holy immunity, like if you were wearing a chameleon robe.

RandMuadDib

Huh. I never knew. I apologize.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Cheetah

...Well what is the lesson to be learned here? Does anyone have thoughts on what FFT:C should do about it?
Current Projects:

Gotwald

If it was originally meant to be the element of the ability it should be made so. Although, if it is a bug, we don't entirely know what the original creators wanted it to be...
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Vanya

I say the intention is pretty clear from the descriptions.
Use the hack Zodiac made to fix the bug and all will be in harmony. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

I have to agree with Vanya that this does seem like the case. I will have to look into this ASM hack.
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

I also agree. I think that you should use the ASM hack to fix the elemental nature of the Weapon Strike boolean, then include the {Color 08}Element: {Color 00}Holy in the description. Just my opinion though.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

trismegistus

Yes, I also agree that Holy Swordskills should be Holy elemental.

Inzoum

July 11, 2011, 01:54:46 pm #49 Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:56:27 pm by Inzoum
In the fight vs Zalera, the two ghost Knights that come out of the coffins around Elmdore have the Knight class, but their first Action Ability slot reads "Swordplay". The description, however, corresponds to the Knight's "Art of War" skillset.

They also don't have any equipment. Not sure if any of that has anything to do with the patch or if it was like that in the original, though, just saying.

Forgive the "screenshots", they were taken with my ipod touch, playing on cfw PSP and don't currently have any screenshot plugin active.

Cheetah

nice catch, we will look into it.
Current Projects:

Inzoum

Not sure if this has been reported yet...

In the save/load menus, the name of the map point you saved on obviously needs to be different from the map point's name due to space contraints ("The Walled City of Yardow" becomes "Yardow", that's fine), but Fort Besselat is still refered to as "Bethla Garrisson" in save menus. There may be others like that, I'd need to check them all.

Larkas

February 15, 2012, 11:47:04 am #52 Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:05:31 pm by Larkas
Hmmmm, dunno if you're still working on this, but Gaffgarion's Shadowblade (that's the one that does HP damage, right?) has no pause after he recites its punchline, that is, after he says his thing, the text box disappears immediately.

Fenrir90

Quote from: Inzoum on July 11, 2011, 01:54:46 pm
In the fight vs Zalera, the two ghost Knights that come out of the coffins around Elmdore have the Knight class, but their first Action Ability slot reads "Swordplay". The description, however, corresponds to the Knight's "Art of War" skillset.

They also don't have any equipment. Not sure if any of that has anything to do with the patch or if it was like that in the original, though, just saying.

Forgive the "screenshots", they were taken with my ipod touch, playing on cfw PSP and don't currently have any screenshot plugin active.

I remember that they were named differently in the PSX version, the Knight's skillset is called Battle Skill and the undead Knight's skillset was called Sword Skill. Same with Dycedarg skillset name.

4A  | Knight                     USE ONLY WITH CURRENT JOB CODE
    |-----------------------------------------------------------------
    | COMMAND: Battle Skill, 07
    | EQUIP: Swd, KnS, Shl, Hlm, Arm, Rbe

3D  | Knight (Undead)            SPRITE: Male Knight                 M
    | COMMAND: Sword Skill, 9B   FORMATION SCREEN: Ramza
    | EQUIP: [none]
    | NOTES: Undead.
    | An undead Knight.

09  | Lune Knight                SPRITE: Dycedarg                    M
    | COMMAND: Sword Skill, 46   FORMATION SCREEN: Ramza
    | EQUIP: Swd, KnS, Shl, Hlm, Arm, Rbe
    | NOTES: Inherent Defense Up, Magic Def UP
    | Dycedarg Beoulve.  Should be 'Rune Knight'.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/faqs/17555

As for them having nothing equipped, it was also like that in the original. Either the developers forgot to put equipment on said characters or it symbolizes that once you die, you can't bring material things with you to the afterlife. They are summon from the stone "coffin". Pick what you like...

Cheetah

Great information guys, I appreciate the fresh feedback.
Current Projects:

Ethaniel Ever Fell

After applying the .ppf to an iso, any edits made with FFTactext to that iso thereafter will *always*--and I mean *always* even if no changes were actually made--result in the OPEN.BLV error. It doesn't matter if you have a specific iso type, doesn't matter if you actually edit anything, nada.

Quite frustrating since the WotL text was quite enjoyable.
"Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." -Vanille

Cheetah

These are the currently garbled audiobooks that are unlocked but are still in the process of getting translated and inserted.

Please remove these pictures from your post, they are WAY to huge.
Current Projects:

estoniesta

Sorry for necroposting. I have some questions.
1.Ability quote always goes away right after the last letter pops up, so I can't read the whole text. I wonder if anyone know how to fix this.
2.It is not like this in FFT vanilla, right? I kinda remember that ability quote will not go away if I did not press O.

Sorry about my English that might make you confuse and thank you too. :D

3lric

Quote from: estoniesta on January 15, 2018, 03:07:03 am
Sorry for necroposting. I have some questions.
1.Ability quote always goes away right after the last letter pops up, so I can't read the whole text. I wonder if anyone know how to fix this.
2.It is not like this in FFT vanilla, right? I kinda remember that ability quote will not go away if I did not press O.

Sorry about my English that might make you confuse and thank you too. :D

Correct, because they made it close on its own, without testing to see how it looked in game lol. They needed to put delays in there and didnt :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Alchemek

Will the ability quotes going away with no delay ever be fixed? Is anyone interested in fixing it? Or has it been too long and there will be no more new releases of the patch?

Thank you in advance.