• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:18:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Accessory giving hp status and help on range effect area

Started by Hashmelk, December 24, 2013, 04:54:20 pm

Hashmelk

Im a wotl user
Is it possible to create an accessory that boast hp? I tried modifying a body armor,setting it as ring and acessory but the game wont recognize.
Another question is im having trouble making the range of my skill, i want its range like this:
          @   
          @
     @@C@@          C=caster, also the damage is not only one @ but all
          @
          @
Like a cross, what do i put in range,effect area,vertical and the tab bellow x y?
Thanks!
EDIT:just found that the accessory status is not possible reading on forum but still need help on the skill range

Choto

That skill range is quite impossible. You could flag "linear" and increase the range/effect area as much as you want, but the cross would be centered on the caster. That's the best you're going to get.

formerdeathcorps

I actually know how to code what you are asking for (since I completely rewrote the targeting routine for my formula hack), but I need to find a spare ability flag to do it.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Xifanie

It's actually possible to give an accessory HP/MP, but the stat bonuses only look right in battle... otherwise they just they you it increases X and reduces Y, but once you equip it, it looks fine IIRC. I just don't know if the current version of FFTPatcher allows this trick... but because of the display issues, I'd advise against it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Hashmelk

sorry guys, was on a trip so couldnt reply, i misstyped the range so its updated, and yeah i think im gonna forget about the +hp acessory bonus

Choto

Making the attack linear, 3 directions is the best you're going to get I think. So you could make a 3 direction attack, but I'm not sure about a 4 direction one.