• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:19:51 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

No PPSSPP.ini file?

Started by Balbanes, November 05, 2013, 08:30:23 am

Balbanes

November 05, 2013, 08:30:23 am Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:59:38 am by Nyzer Reason: Changing the title to avoid people thinking it's a Lion Editor help thread.
Hi. I'm using PPSSPP emulator to run WoTL but i want to edit my save game through lion editor. But when i click the 'open' button, it says 'File Not Found' i guess i need to the plugin(in the lion editor) but the emulator doesn't support the plugins. The question is, how can i edit my save game? Or how can i decrypt it on PC?

Heretic King

I am having the same problem and would also like some help getting the save editor to work with my emulated version. thanks in advance for any help.

Angel

Found via Google.
You have to compile it yourself (unless someone else has it uploaded somewhere), but that should be sufficient, and it's from the PPSSPP source tree.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Heretic King

I am way too stupid to understand this, can you please and I'm sorry to ask this, but can you please give me a run down on exactly what I need to do and download for this to work? any help would really be appreciated.

Angel

Since I can't find it anywhere already compiled, this makes things a lot more difficult. You need something to compile with (like Microsoft Visual Studio), a client to pull from that github page, and to config the compiler so you don't get any errors. You might require additional libraries and such, as well. I don't know, since I've never compiled PPSSPP, and I uninstalled VS because Dolphin became a complete mess and I didn't feel like updating all the libraries to compile pcsx2 anymore. It's probably more work than it's worth, honestly.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Heretic King

Aww damn it, this would make me life so much easier too.

Is there any other way around this?

Angel

From the PPSSPP forums:

QuoteStep 1: open ppsspp.ini (located in memstick/PSP/SYSTEM) then find and
set encryptsave to false.

Step 2: Play the game and create a save or load a saved game then save
it. close the emulator.

Step 3: Go to the save file directory
(memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA\ULUS10297FFT0000) then rename
FFTA.sys to lioneditor.bin.

Step 4: Open lion editor (Get here: https://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/)
File -> open -> navigate to your save directory and open
lioneditor.bin then edit away. For an example let's pump Ramza's
PA and MA to 99 then File -> save. Close lion editor.

http://imgur.com/F0Z5ZKK

Step 5: Rename lioneditor.bin back to FFTA.sys
(you might have to uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" in folder options to do this)

Step 6: Open ppsspp, load your save then voila!

http://imgur.com/5BGPBx4

Heretic King

Okay so now the problem is that Lioneditor.bin doesn't show up in Lion Editor and when I try to drag it into it I receive the message source and file destination names are the same.

Heretic King

AHA! Just had to capitalize Lioneditor when renaming .SYS

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Angel

Hooray! Glad that's been solved.

Furby

You know, I was going to be so disappointed if I couldn't do this since I moved to pure PPSSPP play. Glad to see there's a way.

viviblackmage

Excuse me, but I did everything you said and this did not work. The file shows up in lioneditor but when I open it it still looks the same as if I never added the file, and I cant change or do anything....I know it's an old post but please reply.

PKNova

Quote from: viviblackmage on August 17, 2014, 12:26:57 am
Excuse me, but I did everything you said and this did not work. The file shows up in lioneditor but when I open it it still looks the same as if I never added the file, and I cant change or do anything....I know it's an old post but please reply.

If this is the case then you didn't do one of the first steps of going into your memstick/psp/system/ppsspp.ini and encryptsave=False

Angel

You registered just to provide help for another user? I like you.

3lric

Vanitias

Followed these steps but seem to have a problem when I change the characters to Goltanna, Folmarv, etc.

Drunkard

If these steps didnt work for you you may be using a EUR version so you'd have to use ULES00850FFT0000 this folder, it's for the European version of the game. 

Angel

The only character you don't see in a battle (either on your side or against you) that has a complete sprite sheet is Balmafula (Valmafra, or whatever the hell WotL changed her name to), which is why Goltana et al don't work. They don't have menu sprites, and lack most all battle sprites.

ytfox

Hi everyone, just wanted to share a few details that may have escaped someone besides me.  XD

1- If you're using PPSSPP on Android and you're not rooted, you MAY not have the permission to overwrite the file from the computer, so you'll need to copy "lioneditor.bin" to your microSD or computer.

2- If you created a game-specific settings file, editing EncryptSave in the global "ppsspp.ini" won't work, you'll have to change the "ULUS10297_ppsspp.ini" instead (or ULES00850_ppsspp.ini for the European version).