• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Job & Skill Proposals/Idea Thread

Started by Vanya, November 21, 2009, 11:35:58 am

MiKeMiTchi

November 30, 2009, 06:33:58 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
This is a topic for posting a custom job and skillset ideas right?

Here's mine, you can call it "Elemental Axe Wielder"
(I originally named the job BioEngineer)

Here's the custom skillset:
COSMOS skillset [+/-]
v1.0 ***************

CULLING BLADE (from Shake Off)
--------------------------------------------
+kills off units with 70% hp or less
+inflicts Don't Move = 25% chance if hits
+Non-elemental
+Non-charge
+Uses low MP
-Very low hit rate
-short range (1)

Damage Output: A
Usefulness: C
Skill rank: B
A very powerful skill which is already
available from the start of the game,
which makes this skill very useful. It has
a Dmg_(70)% formula, so targets will be
easily killed if they have less than 70%
HP. Despite its power, it has a VERY low
hit rate. This will make this skill more
risky, and as the gameplay progresses,
players might lean on other skills. Although
risky, it also has the chance to inflict
Don't move. This is a skill you don't want
to underestimate.

MACROPYRE (from Nanoflare)
+High Area of effect
+inflicts Confusion = 25%
-Hits the caster (fire)
-Hits all units in the area,
including allies
-decent hit rate

Damage Output: B
Usefulness: B
Skill rank: C
At the beginning of the game, this skill is
less useful, since it can also hit the user.
However, with further tactics, this skill
can prove to be useful, and maybe rank it B.
If you already have the Fire Cosmos(element)
job, and a Cancel:Confusion equipment, you'll
use this alot when you're surrounded mostly
by enemies.

STORM BOLT (from Wave Around)
+High Height\Vertical
+AoE damage around caster
+PA based
-Damages caster (do not stack with others)
-High CT

Damage Output: A
Since the main character's base job is PA-based,
this skill will deal great damage. Very high vertical,
which is very useful in most maps. One thing
that bring this skill's rank down is the high CT,
not because the recoil damage.

FROST NOVA (from Earth Slash)
+Linear damage
+Low CT
-decent damage

Damage Output: B
Decent Ice Cosmos skill. This should be
replaced with the Chain Frost skill, but
I decided to change it to this skill. This
skill damages units in a linear path, with
range:3. MA based. Has more damage output than
Earth Slash's.

BREEZEWHISTLE (from Wind Soul)
+Very High range
-Very low damage

Damage Output: D
Usefulness: A
AI would use this skill a lot. It hits enemies
from a far distance. Very useful for hit and run
strategy, despite having low damage.

CRAGGY EXTERIOR (from Local Quake)
+adds Protect and Shell
+no MP cost, no CT
+100% hit caster
-Wears off in a short time

Damage Output: n/a
Good skill to start the battle with. AI use
this skill first most of the time. Pretty useful.

GUSHING GRACE (from Water Ball)
+main healing skill
+also heals MP
+good range
-does not reverse undead

Heal Output: C
Adds versatility to the skill set. Very useful
in every battle. Take advantage to its element
and you'll be fine throughout every battle.

Purification (from Reraise)
+adds Reraise
+heals 30+% HP
+reverses undead
+ranged
-High CT
-low hit rate

One of the weaker Holy Cosmos element skill,
but does the job when hits the target.

GHOST WALK (from Zombie)
+adds Transparent, Haste, and Float
-Wears off in a short time

Adds very good statuses. Very useful in-game,
despite having a decent hit rate.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Zenius

November 30, 2009, 06:57:49 am #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
Omg
Like more than half of the skill names are from dota? <3

jimmyjw88

November 30, 2009, 07:59:19 am #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
I kinda like the 2 range idea too. 2 panels isn't that bad.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

November 30, 2009, 08:11:02 am #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteLike more than half of the skill names are from dota? <3

Yup. :)
In fact, only 2 skills weren't named from dota.

Vanya

November 30, 2009, 04:22:05 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
How is it different from a Mystic Knight?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

November 30, 2009, 04:34:52 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
good character / job idea

philsov

November 30, 2009, 04:38:04 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Vanya"How is it different from a Mystic Knight?

Mystic Knight is single-target melee with elemental attributes + minor offensive status infliction (but not both at the same time).

Ele axe wielder has all sorts of AoE, range, and positive status going his way.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Vanya

November 30, 2009, 06:15:07 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Physical or magical based attacks?
¯\(°_0)/¯

philsov

November 30, 2009, 07:22:37 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
MK is PA.

Ele axe is all over the place.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

MiKeMiTchi

November 30, 2009, 08:10:24 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteEle axe is all over the place.

Yep. It's just my idea to make the certain skills useful in certain times. hahaha..
Some were PA based, some were MA-based. Thanks for the comments.

Orlandu

November 30, 2009, 09:13:56 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
but.. aren't the skills too overpowered? start a battle with protect & shell, haste & transparent & float, then reraise :)

Vanya

November 30, 2009, 09:46:53 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Seems a bit too all over the place. Where would it's niche be?
If anything it sounds like a 'you've-mastered-all-the-other-jobs-now-this-is-your-reward' kind of deal.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zaen

November 30, 2009, 10:45:57 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
I like the idea, though I have to agree with Vanya, it seems like an uber Geomancer/Monk/Priest/Wizard/Minotaur.
Seems like an Orlandu class, if you ask me, though I love the concept of Axe Skills instead of Sword Skills.

-----
New Idea:
You know, I've been thinking. The Lancer job is kinda odd. What I mean is, it's heavily armored, not exactly fast, and is basically a tank. However, it's ability relies on speed and not being on the field half of the time.

I have a solution! I'll just go with the typical name Dragoon. Light armor, no shield, but fast. Instead of being a slower tank unit with a unique attack, a faster glass cannon with a unique attack! It'd make more sense, as in order to jump that high.. you wouldn't want to be bulky, and if your ability is speed based, you'd want to be fast; you're not a tank anymore, so your lack of a presence isn't missed.

Also, if you want a tank version, make it a Lancer. Heavy armor, original speed, but no Jump. Instead, give it the Breath attacks, and maybe even the holy one from Reis' skillset, slightly modified. It could have self-buffing abilities, i.e. modified Squire skills, so it takes a more defensive role. Good HP, abilities to keep it alive and abilities to strengthen it without Orlandu-ing it. So Fire/Ice/Thunder Breath (Maybe Holy), Accumulate (3CT), Protect Spirit(No CT, 15 MP, 1 AoE self target), and Cheer Up (Regen, 2 Range, 5 MP). Basically reduced the Squire(specifically Ramza) a little bit. Doesn't make sense to be able to boost your power from the start of the game so easily.

Any thoughts?
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Archael

November 30, 2009, 10:47:14 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
youuuu can just make it a mid ranged damage class with a little versatility (like monk), and kill the rez

Gotwald

November 30, 2009, 10:54:18 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gotwald
I like what you are saying about the lancer, but I have few ideas.

The heavy armor lancer is a lancer. The guy who sits in back rank, stabs stuff and wears plate. Not breathing fire or holy fire. The lancer should have moves like maybe a bleed(poison) stab, a type of extra damage charge attack, possibly a lance throw attack. Self defense abilities are a good idea too, like a self protect + regen possibly, or a half damage attack that also gives the user the defending status (if it can be done).

The dragoon would be the one having the breath along with the jumping, considering that he is a dragoon and is like dragons, who breath all that stuff.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Dominic NY18

November 30, 2009, 11:11:31 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
QuoteNew Idea:
You know, I've been thinking. The Lancer job is kinda odd. What I mean is, it's heavily armored, not exactly fast, and is basically a tank. However, it's ability relies on speed and not being on the field half of the time.

I have a solution! I'll just go with the typical name Dragoon. Light armor, no shield, but fast. Instead of being a slower tank unit with a unique attack, a faster glass cannon with a unique attack! It'd make more sense, as in order to jump that high.. you wouldn't want to be bulky, and if your ability is speed based, you'd want to be fast; you're not a tank anymore, so your lack of a presence isn't missed.

Also, if you want a tank version, make it a Lancer. Heavy armor, original speed, but no Jump. Instead, give it the Breath attacks, and maybe even the holy one from Reis' skillset, slightly modified. It could have self-buffing abilities, i.e. modified Squire skills, so it takes a more defensive role. Good HP, abilities to keep it alive and abilities to strengthen it without Orlandu-ing it. So Fire/Ice/Thunder Breath (Maybe Holy), Accumulate (3CT), Protect Spirit(No CT, 15 MP, 1 AoE self target), and Cheer Up (Regen, 2 Range, 5 MP). Basically reduced the Squire(specifically Ramza) a little bit. Doesn't make sense to be able to boost your power from the start of the game so easily.

Any thoughts?

My main criticism would be about the naming. Lancer and Dragoon are literally one and the same. They aren't variants of one basic concept, but instead just different localizations of the same exact job class.

I'd argue its better to avoid both "Lancer" and "Dragoon" to keep from confusing people.

SilvasRuin

November 30, 2009, 11:28:54 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I think we need to finish discussing the Mystic Knights before moving on to Dragoons...

But since the discussion has already started, I can't help myself either.
Dragoons tend to pick (almost at random) from the following aspects and then mix and match:  Spear-wielding knight, Jump, Lancet, Breath attacks, Dragon slaying attacks, and dragon support abilities.
Jump tends to be an attack that takes up around two turns, deals around twice as much damage as a normal attack, and removes the Dragoon from the field during that time, which can be a mixed bag as far as pros and cons go.  Some games boost the damage multiplier a bit to make it worth using for reasons other than getting the Dragoon out of danger of being attacked.
Lancet is a somewhat rare ability, but is still one of the Dragoon signature moves.

As far as I'm aware, the only way to keep the Dragoon up in the air while charging up the Jump is to go with the vanilla skill setup for Lancer/Dragoon.  Unless someone can find a way around this,

RavenOfRazgriz

December 01, 2009, 01:27:38 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Is it possible to just make Jump a skill instead of its own skillset?

I thought something like that was done in Mercenaries, but my knowledge of the progress there is vague at best, so I could definitely be wrong.  But that's what I thought I saw when I watched one of the preview videos, at least.

SilvasRuin

December 01, 2009, 01:35:02 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I thought that last sentence of mine was clear on that, but I suppose I should put it plain and simply.
The Jump animation can be used for an attack, so by all means a skill can be set up to mimic it.  The problem is the one I've already stated:  I am unaware of any method of emulating the Jump ability that keeps the user up in the air during the time it is charging.

Also, it would need another ASM hack to make the charge time based on the user's speed instead of just being set like a normal ability would be.

Orlandu

December 01, 2009, 01:48:15 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
i disagree with lancer/dragoon having breath attack... it's just not right.

it would be nice if they have an instant skill that could pierce 2 enemies at the same time (or maybe 3), yea just like holy explosion/earth slash but only 2-3 range and deal a slightly more damage than normal attack, without mp cost.