• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:09:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Xeldoran's Generic Job Alternate Skins

Started by Xeldoran, May 12, 2012, 05:32:19 pm

Eternal

I think he means Knight evtchrs in cutscenes.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Durbs

Quote from: Kagebunji on June 27, 2012, 04:09:38 pm
...cinemas...what? Explain please in a simplier language, cause I dunno wtf you mean.

He's talking about EVTCHRs, yup.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Well, should have said so from the start. Doing EVTCHRs like these is a chore, and definitly not worth going through, unless the patch is a final version, so no wonder we don't see many EVTCHRs around, unless we create new, exclusive ones.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Kagebunji, he's referring to the EVTCHR frames, since any of them one in EVTCHR would have to be fixed since they run off Vanilla EVTCHR's and the palette will show a messed up palette version of the original EVTCHR sprite.

Timbo

The Geomancer looks great btw. I'm using him for my patch. I'd like to request a new female thief. She looks like a cancer patient with that bandana on. After that I'd like to see the Lancers get some love. Finally, I thought I'd make a list of characters that have special animations that need to be made in order to keep the game from bugging out during cut scenes.

Classes that need Custom EVTCHRs:
Squire, Knight, Archer (Male), Monk (Male Only), Thief (Male Only), Dancer, and Chemist

Classes that DON'T need Custom EVTCHRs:
Archer (Female), Monk (Female), Thief (Female), Geomancer, Dragoon, Ninja, Samurai, White Mage, Black Mage, Mystic, Time Mage, Oracle, Summoner, Calculator, Bard, and Mime.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Dome

If you are still working on those, I propose the Female Squire as the next alternate skin

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"