• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:03:08 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Suggestions

Started by Ilmauriciano, March 02, 2014, 10:48:37 am

3lric

There is no such thing as smoking too much.
  • Modding version: PSX

Hyraldelita

hahahahahaha , well then , if all the sprites are there, there is one reason more to add character as post game content u_u

Kinda like Disgaea if you guys know the game.

Jumza

Even if sprites aren't a problem sometimes there isn't enough space :(
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Guru

@ elric Ha you got that right  :shock:

As far as space goes, totally understandable I'm just throwing ideas out. Maybe you guys like em, maybe you hate em, or maybe it helps you think of something else. Either way

Just a thought too.... If you guys did decide to do post game content doing it on its own disk(iso) would probably be the way to go. Or at least the final chapter + post game on its own disk. I'm not a programmer or anything but I would assume that would give you tons of room to do what you want as you could delete the events/sprite or other data from the other chapters. But I'm sure you guys would/have figured that out anyways and i know you were talking about spreading it out over a couple disks anyways.

3lric

Sprites may exist, but the space for those sprites (let alone the abilities to go with them) do not.

Guru

You musta posted that while I was posting mine lol. Thats one thing I forgot about was ability room. So would spreading the game out over disks help with that? I mean it should once certain special characters bite the dust in previous disks you could swap em out. I'm just curious I don't care if you guys don't include my favorite characters. If you included every ones favorite characters this game would just be a mess and would end up taking time away from you guys doing the stuff you wanted. I'd rather you guys keep the passion lit on the stuff you want. I'll keep posting ideas as they come to me but they are there simply to give you a new perspective so do anything you want with em.

KingUrameshi

How about we kick it up a knotch and add sprite versions of Jay and his hetero life mate Silent Bob!  :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

That's ironic, my trainee told me yesterday that I remind him of Jay, lol

Hyraldelita

but it would be impossible , to just change the sprite in any way?

I mean you keep the skill set of the normal classes, not even special , but you can change sprite i mean..

i dunno if in the jot5 story you used up all the sprites and replaced them, that would be incredible, because FFT has a lot of different sprite between good and evil + monsters.

I would be very cool, if it was possible to hire a normal squire post game, and be able to choose like a dress room, between different sprite that already exist.

but off course if you replaced ALL the sprites already, then its impossible :*(

I remeber when i was very your i used to modify gameshark codes to find the most weird things in FFT, and there was a easy way to get a specific sprite in a specific slot, so if you get a squire in that stop he will automatically get that sprite when you hire him/her.

But i dunno how could that be done and if its possible to do it with hacking.
I guess you could do everything if it wasnt for the game limit itself. :/

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Elric on December 23, 2015, 07:49:07 pm
That's ironic, my trainee told me yesterday that I remind him of Jay, lol

I grew up in Monmouth County, NJ and I know quite a few people who know Jay Mews and Kevin Smith. One girl I knew used to hang out with Jay when they lived in the Creek Road Apartments and had Kevin buy her lunch. The guy I supervise also ran into Kevin Smith and the advice he gave to him was he pointed to the booze my coworker was carrying and said "you don't need that, that shit will kill you, just smoke weed".  :lol:

I never met them but Silent Bob sounds like a real cool guy, Jay had a bunch of problems back then but is doing real well now but I have been to thier store in Red Bank and its nice where they sell mostly comics and mad expensive bust of Marvel and DC characters.

And for all you Clerks fans out there, NJ people are typically like they are portraid in the movie. Doing inane crap, asking stupid questions and generally not giving a shit.

Nyzer

Quotebut it would be impossible , to just change the sprite in any way?

I mean you keep the skill set of the normal classes, not even special , but you can change sprite i mean..

Yes, it would be impossible. The special classes and sprites are tied together, and they're both near their limit. You can't put a custom sprite in for a standard job - characters like FFT Ch.1 Argath/Delita/Ramza are all special classes, just with Squire copied and pasted over them. Unique enemies like Wiegraf? Same thing, though they don't use the small number of special classes that also have Formation sprites.

Hyraldelita

got it... mine was just a hopeless hope XD

Guru

Eh ya never know. We'll just have to wait and see what the devs decide to do with the game  ;) you may not get to see your favorite characters in there as it would be impossible to put everyones favorites in there but I got no doubt that this will be an epic mod full of goodies  :P

3lric

nyzer is part of the Dev team :P

Guru

Good to know, nice to meet you Nyzer! JOT5 is one awesome mod  :P can't wait to see what you guys do next!

Xujints

I'm not sure if anyone had actually suggested this yet, or anything similar. I'm a writer and dabble in fanfiction, not often the most interesting subject, but this is the idea (which is based on a story I was working on before hearing about JotF). What if DmC Vergil stumbled across Ivalice and it's vast demonic power and when he hears about the heroes, or bumps into them, he hatches a scheme to knock them off using his rival, the DmC Dante. How? He kidnaps Kat and sends her to Ivalice and sets up a scene that gets the two Dante's to bump heads, fighting ensues.

It's a stupid idea, especially considering that not everyone likes DmC... I'm sorry, I like it, mostly because I never grew up with the classic, though I do appreciate his roots. It's funny how the new one has such a bad rep when it's the same old complaints that don't really hold up too well... But I digress.

This idea might actually work better then the other one I had where a Demon (Possibly Vergil) convinced Dante (classic) that his (DmC) was evil and stuff and that he needed to be stopped before he could crossover to that world and rule it too. But... Come to think of it, given his portrayal in JotF, classic Dante might actually want to fight, given he doesn't have nearly as much of a challenge these days. Meh...

What do you guys think, could the Reboot's Dante make an appearance somehow? (At least people might enjoy the fight, as it'd be an excuse for Classic to wind up winning because he's a PC)

3lric

February 10, 2016, 02:41:53 am #116 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:55:35 am by Elric
Well, the story of Jot5 already exists. I wrote it about 14 years ago or so when I was in highschool, though it has changed quite a bit and been added to, but the key points all do exist already.

Something like that could work as a string of marks, however we are limited on sprite space so I don't know that I'd use 2-4 sprites for 1 string of marks.

I thought DmC was okay for what it was, but to me it just didnt have the charm that the first and third games in the series had. Something about the first game just feels so good when you play it.

Xujints

Ah. I heard you had the idea for JotF for quite a while. 14 years is a long time... Who would have thought you'd be making a fantastic fan game? Us writers always have the strangest ideas, and hilariously enough, they work. Today's fanfiction could be tomorrows canon (In extreme cases... Which I actually have seen happen, twice. Not including stuff happening to my works.)

I myself have even managed to get in on some crazy stuff, I currently am writing scripts for a fanime... Speaking of shows, I was thinking of featuring JotF on a new one I was planning on making for the pilot. Basically I review fan games, rom hacks, fanfictions and the like that could use more coverage. From what I've seen so far in the game, and what could be, I can't resist doing something. I had other games in mind for it, but FFT was one of the first FF games I ever played and was my favorite back on the good old days of playstation... Just a shame I can't get JotF running at the moment like I could vanilla FFT, it stinks having ideas and never being able to implement them in anything. Anyway, there is probably a better place on the forum for talking about stuff like this, isn't there?

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Elric on February 10, 2016, 02:41:53 am
Well, the story of Jot5 already exists. I wrote it about 14 years ago or so when I was in highschool, though it has changed quite a bit and been added to, but the key points all do exist already.

That's some good shit. I had a bunch of stories cooked up in my head when I was younger, mixing all kinds of video game worlds with characters from shows and stuff but I never wrote about any of it which I severely regret to this day. Its good to see the commitment and especially the balls to "nerd out" like you guys do. :P

My thing primarily used the world of Legend of Zelda: Link to the past as the setting and took themes like alternate worlds ala Warcraft to combine basically all great characters from all video games into one place. Then throw myself into it, suffice it to say it would have been a mess and very hard to keep in order while feeding my own ego lol.

Xujints

I spent most of last night mulling over the idea of DmC dante showing up in JotF and I think I came up with a brilliant solution. The first mark sets up the rumor that a white haired swordsman is stirring up trouble, upon investigating, guards show up confusing the classic for DmC. Fighting ensues. Upon victory, the party will receive a hint on how to start the next mark and agree to keep an eye out.

For the second, I came up with three scenarios, with two of them being quite similar. In the first, the run into a demon pretending to be the DmC Dante and Classic immediately sees through the ruse and strikes him down, and then the real DmC Dante shows up and before the situation can be resolved, more demons show up, forcing a three way fight, with the goal being to defeat all enemies.

In the second scenario, DmC Dante arrived first and beat his doppleganger. Then the party arrives to confront him as more demons appear. Again, three way fight.

In the third, both parties arrive at the same time and DmC Dante strikes down his copy. The two Dante's exchange some witty banter before more demons arrive and they get into a contest to see who can kill the most. The goal of this fight is to protect both Dantes.

No matter the scenario, the conflict will resolve and DmC Dante explains why he is in Ivalice (Either Kat botched a spell somehow, or he was fighting Vergil who sent him there using the Yamato when things wasn't going his way.) and that he needs to get back home. He starts to suspect that Vergil was behind the doppleganger and resolves to find him first. The two Dante's share a couple of jokes before they part ways, forming some kind of relationship in the process...

For the third Mark, the party arrives as the DmC Dante and Vergil are fighting. (I think it would be fitting at the Monastery where the stones are hidden) Ramza and Co step up to aid DmC Dante before Vergil can find the stones and gain increased power. With their combined effort, they manage to knock out Vergil and Classic Dante suggests using the Yamato to create a portal back home. While it is a good idea in theory, it only led back to DmC Dante's world. Classic shrugged it off saying it was worth a shot and gave the Yamato to DmC Dante who said that he'd take Vergil and keep an eye on him. As DmC Dante left, Classic commented that the kid could vary well grow up to a competent rival to him and would find some way to see how things go in a few years.

Someone jokes about how Dante is taking a liking to his reboot counterpart, which Dante denies... Mostly...

What do you think?