• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 09:43:51 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Suggestions

Started by VincentCraven, October 31, 2007, 07:40:46 pm

Xifanie

November 03, 2007, 08:26:03 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Want to make Night Sword weaker?
Weapon Range, MP cost, formula 07 (well the same as the blood sword/bloody strings). That formula should give the normal attack formula of the weapon + drain. That means you wouldn't get PA*WP with knight swords on Night Sword but rather the usual PA*WP*brave/100 formula.
I could add in affected by evasion but I suppose those restrictions would still make it a very decent skill to use.

For Dark Sword? I dunno... draining MP is awfully cheap, especially if it's instant cast.

No doubt I'd only give access to Armor for Holy Swordsman.

I'd prefer a non draining skill for Meliadoul as she would suck against the undead. Making one out of the 2 free effect is highly doable.

Probably Zankusen (Air Cut Flash or something) with a PA*WP formula and low JP cost.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

VincentCraven

November 03, 2007, 08:41:40 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Hey, not bad idea for Night Sword. I'll have to look at Gafgarion though.

If I added a new skill for Meliadoul, wouldn't I also need a new animation? Where would I get/put that?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Xifanie

November 03, 2007, 09:47:55 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well, there are 2 unused Effects

Effects = Animation + Sound. Linking an ability to an effect file is easy.

Hell, you could even use Worker 8's megaton punch it uses on Musty.

Wouldn't that look cool with a sword strike? The unused ones are rather fast, and not catchy.  :roll:
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xifanie

November 03, 2007, 09:49:26 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "karsten"wait, wait i tought that it was MA affecting swordskills... or i'm wrong?

Other than Destroy Sword, you're wrong. They're all PA & WP based.

VincentCraven

November 03, 2007, 10:09:01 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Where would I go to link the skill with an animation and a sound?

As for the name I dunno, perhaps Meca Stab, Wind Sword, Blitz Punch...

Or maybe just "Mighty Sword" :roll:

Asmo X

November 04, 2007, 12:38:08 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
After consulting the BMG, I'm somewhat in agreement with Prinny God about Destroy Sword. But I still think Orlandu needs to be weakened in accordance with Zodiac's suggestion or thereabouts.

Would there be an easy way of just reducing the amount of MP that Dark Sword drains? If you control Orlandu's potency it could turn out to be a very inoffensive move.

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 07:25:42 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Right now, the only substitute I have for Dark Sword is the Aspel formula: Drain (T_MaxMP * X/100) MP. Leaving it alone for now.

All Swordskill
Stasis Sword
Blastar Punch
Night Sword - Weapon formula damage (dunno about range yet, Gaf needs to be looked at)
Magic Ruin
Speed Ruin
Power Ruin
Mind Ruin

Mighty Sword has (Blitz Sword) skill. This does PA*WP without breaking anything. Haven't made it yet.

Xifanie

November 04, 2007, 09:07:58 am #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
It'll be too troublesome to explain so I'll just do it and give your name ability but I'll have to modify 2 files... What was the point of using a different file for battle and the formation screen? What a waste of space.

I noticed that when I created Dejeon... The name was displayed in battle but not outside.

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 09:55:45 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Yay!

Did phil ever add in a skill like this? I don't remember it happening for some reason...

Xifanie

November 04, 2007, 10:17:28 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
http://www.fileden.com/files/436/Blitz%20Sword.rar

Just for the darn name & Effect

Edit skill between Meteor & Blind. IIRC it's 0x2D.

Add it to all Meliadoul's skillsets, patch all this crap and it should work 100% correctly except for things like the description of the ability and such. :P

I'd suggest giving the name directly in the Excel workbook (name sheet) to easily notice the skill.

Xifanie

November 04, 2007, 10:20:38 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Phil probably did create a new skill but with an Effect that Freeze/Crashes the game. In fact, it's either that or he used an Effect like Summon Demon, Altima's Teleport, or such. Which would be funny as a sword skill.  :?

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 10:59:15 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
That's good, it works!

Only problem is, it starts the animation with cast magic instead of a slash. How do I change that? I set it on Weapon Strike, but it had no effect...

Xifanie

November 04, 2007, 11:03:34 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Dang.  :?

Do you have damage displayed? I remember many Effects negating that.

Also does Miluda just casts or then strikes with her sword?

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 11:11:58 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
-no damage displayed

-no slash afterwards, just swift explosion

Xifanie

November 04, 2007, 11:45:56 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
ah, CRAP...

This sucks >_>'

Going through BATTLE.BIN but all I found until now is useless.

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 01:34:54 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Well, it does work, so if you can't find it, we'll just have to ignore the fact that Meliadoul isn't actually casting magic, despite her raising her hands up and generating power. The lack of numbers is also easily overlooked.

Prinygod

November 04, 2007, 05:22:48 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Prinygod
the blue mage spell list in the game is different than the one you have posted. Ive only been able to try a couple skills, but wind spirit is doing 100~damage with 6 ma, ive seen as low as 80 and as hight as 120 with the same ma. An if anyone is wondering, it seems that blue mage cannot learn  "blue mage style"  monster abilities.
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 05:43:05 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
And that's because I have technical difficulties. Thanks for pointing it out though.

And no, I did not make it so that Blue Mage can learn Blue Mage style. However, when I typed that last sentence, I realized how stupid it would be to not have that feature. Beta1.1 should be done in about 3 hours, so I'll correct everything then.

Prinygod

November 04, 2007, 06:40:52 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Prinygod
Your welcome, i had guessed that it was a mistake, but i didn't want you to miss it because no one had mentioned it.

since we are on the subject might i add a suggestion. Couldn't you make the blue mage list hidden like zodiac and ultima, so that its true to other blue magic from other FFs. Again is simply a suggestion, as i am not personally invested either way.
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 07:22:54 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I can definitely have Ultima 2 be on there, since it is only available... what, the last/ second-last battle? The set is pretty full, I can only put one more skill on there as of now. I already plan on taking off Beaking just because it doesn't quite fit.

Wind Soul is definitely a problem at low levels. I think I have a fix. I'll post the new patch along with a bug topic.